• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

There were a few times when he left the right side and just went wandering inside and Sanchez and Tanganga looked bemused when they had no option other than to turn away and go back to the other side through Lloris or Davies etc. Not sure if that was intentional or not but seemed to slow a couple of attacks. But then who are we to complain, He played well overall, better than Royal and it was an epic night in the end. I'm happy he had a decent game in his best position. I wonder if either Bergwijn or Doherty will still leave this window or if they will now end up staying til the summer at least?
What we do with them comes down to what our options are elsewhere

Under normal circumstances I'd say he deserves to keep his place in team and start the next game. Problem is that the next game is one in which we're likely to be asked to do a lot more defending.

He has clearly shown himself to be a bona-fide RWB option however. His positioning was better than Royale's has been in games where we're doing most of the attacking and his use of the ball was also better than Royale's has been.

Yesterday he looked more like the player who played well against us a few times and was always a goal threat for Wolves.

This guy has been absolute crap since joining, no exceptions. Plays a decent half, most of the fans want him to stay. That is why we keep below average players at the club. Same with Bergwijn, the guy scored în the last 80 sec as many PL goals as he did în 2 years.

Probably his best game for us but i would still sell him if we get the chance, i think Royal has done well for us and at just turned 23 could become what we we need there.

Under normal circumstances I'd say he deserves to keep his place in team and start the next game. Problem is that the next game is one in which we're likely to be asked to do a lot more defending.

He has clearly shown himself to be a bona-fide RWB option however. His positioning was better than Royale's has been in games where we're doing most of the attacking and his use of the ball was also better than Royale's has been.

Yesterday he looked more like the player who played well against us a few times and was always a goal threat for Wolves.

Would be surprised if Emerson doesn't retain his starting spot.

Doherty is a RWB option, but for me really for rather specific circumstances, so far at least.

so is 40 mins enough time to get people off his back. Look at his highlights he did well going backwards and forwards in the game.

lets be honest here. He has been more than Crap at LWB but is that a surprise? finally gets to play RWB and puts in a good display. More than Royale has in a few games. He drove at them at times and also got in instant crosses. I still have have for Royale. he is still acclimatizing to the EPL etc. But Doherty did more in that game last night than Royal has in ages.

I have to say. I would be tempted to start him against Chelski.

Probably his best game for us but i would still sell him if we get the chance, i think Royal has done well for us and at just turned 23 could become what we we need there.

I would wait until the summer unless we get a better upgrade. Use him strategically i.e. his position :)

so is 40 mins enough time to get people off his back. Look at his highlights he did well going backwards and forwards in the game.

lets be honest here. He has been more than Crap at LWB but is that a surprise? finally gets to play RWB and puts in a good display. More than Royale has in a few games. He drove at them at times and also got in instant crosses. I still have have for Royale. he is still acclimatizing to the EPL etc. But Doherty did more in that game last night than Royal has in ages.

I have to say. I would be tempted to start him against Chelski.
All depends if we’re playing to win or playing to not lose

I think our problem is in the centre. Lack of runners into the box in a systematic way so wingers can hit it early in anticipation of someone being there.

Especially with 5 men defences these days, crosses need to come in earlier before the penalty area is packed.

This guy has been absolute crap since joining, no exceptions. Plays a decent half, most of the fans want him to stay. That is why we keep below average players at the club. Same with Bergwijn, the guy scored în the last 80 sec as many PL goals as he did în 2 years.

I agree. Same goes for a few others.

Happy for him. He’s definitely a far better option offensively than Royal who dear love him hasn’t a clue what to do when he gets in the vicinity of opposition penalty area.
Winks -> Sessegnon -> Doherty -> GOAL!
That was wonderful to see!

Agree with above sentiments. Deserves to start the new few games. Our right hand side attack is nullified with Royal

Good game today, took his goal really well.

I expect it will be full back by committee for the rest of the season though.

Royal is better defensively still I think.

Impressed with his engine and marauding into space. With Bentan watching his back I think we've got the right side sewn up.

Romero, Doherty, Bentan and Kulu will look great together.

Back