• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

Very meh, the sole value of that transfer was making Aurier better.

We should call this one early, take our bath on him and move on in summer
I don't think he's been awful and I like to give a player at least an entire season before making a judgement on them but yes he doesn't seem an improvement on current Aurier or even bad Aurier tbh.

I wouldn't be against trying for a less experienced but genuinely good attacking RB in the mould of Regulion. With the knowledge that we have Aurier who has been top quality to fall back on and challenge to keep the levels high if that player needs some development time.

Doherty doesn't seem to be offering any of that.

I don't think he's been awful and I like to give a player at least an entire season before making a judgement on them but yes he doesn't seem an improvement on current Aurier or even bad Aurier tbh.

I wouldn't be against trying for a less experienced but genuinely good attacking RB in the mould of Regulion. With the knowledge that we have Aurier who has been top quality to fall back on and challenge to keep the levels high if that player needs some development time.

Doherty doesn't seem to be offering any of that.
Aarons?

I've not paid much attention to Aaron's directly but yes someone of that profile. I really liked Castange and I think we missed out there but that overall play style. Someone really comfortable carrying the ball would be great it would add so much to the side and go es a real difference in play style to Aurier.

I’d take Jayden Bogle from Sheffield Utd when they drop. We missed a trick in signing him last summer when they picked him up from Derby for only about £3.5m.

I've not paid much attention to Aaron's directly but yes someone of that profile. I really liked Castange and I think we missed out there but that overall play style. Someone really comfortable carrying the ball would be great it would add so much to the side and go es a real difference in play style to Aurier.
Castange was a great option as he can play on both sides. I was also hoping we’d get him last summer. Leicester operate very well in the transfer market I think. Seem to sign the players they want quickly as well as making good choices.

Last edited:
Castaneda was a great option as he can play on both sides. I was also hoping we’d get him last summer. Leicester operate very well in the transfer market I think. Seem to sign the players they want quickly as well as making good choices.
They operate in the transfer market the way we should. Thy spot players early (as we do) and then act decisively to bring them in (what we don't do). We miss out on so many players with Levy's hesitancy.

I’d take Jayden Bogle from Sheffield Utd when they drop. We missed a trick in signing him last summer when they picked him up from Derby for only about £3.5m.
They brought 2 players didn’t they for £11m
Apparently he was great yesterday
I can’t say I’ve seen him defend much. He always seems to be attacking (no bad thing) and I didn’t know he was a FB

They brought 2 players didn’t they for £11m
Apparently he was great yesterday
I can’t say I’ve seen him defend much. He always seems to be attacking (no bad thing) and I didn’t know he was a FB
I think Sheff Utd may have also been using him as a right midfield/right sided attacker but he came through at Derby playing RB. That is what we need though somebody with the pace, energy and skill to be able to play as an attacker as well as a defender.

I think Sheff Utd may have also been using him as a right midfield/right sided attacker but he came through at Derby playing RB. That is what we need though somebody with the pace, energy and skill to be able to play as an attacker as well as a defender.
GHod forbid a defender with pace and energy
Saying that a lot comes down to Aurier abs where his head is at. Good Aurier is well worth playing .. bad Aurier is a bad influence on the team. Big calls to make as this he has been right up there with the very best

I’ve not seen any of him to comment
But I’ve heard good things
I was advocating him as a signing when people were wanting Aarons.... this kid was admittedly probably one year behind Aarons in his development but probably less than 15% of the price and (IMO) has a higher upside.

Back