• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

I thought part of the criticism of the Leicester performance (for the team and manager) was that we sat back too much?

As a team we've been sitting deeper, including Aurier. He's been overall very good. He was also very good towards the end of last season when playing the very attacking role.

I think it's just a result of the games he's played in.[/QUOTE]
Oh I don’t doubt that. I mean there the games we start with sissoko too so that makes sense

It's totally different. Besides being more attacking the partnership with the CBs and players ahead of you are different.
Gary Neville has said it loads of times how different they are and that he couldn't play wing-back near as well as full-back.
quite sure that gary neville's counterpart was like him.
in the modern game... the full back meets the wing back and therefore needs speed agility etc. Appreciate they are different roles but by now you'd expect a lot more convergence in skillset. that's why davies looks ordinary and not outstanding - he's from the old generation of fullbacks. Same as Dier - started there during the golden age of the traditional fullback.

Doherty was absolute pants again today. What an opportunity for him to show he can play 1-2's and really go for it and use his pace/fitness to outclass a baker and tyre fitter.

But no, he kept turning back inside and waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting... just go and show your class, jeez. His shot was OK. From 8 yards. That the keeper saved. Get some confidence and get some balls lad, or do one.

Doherty was absolute pants again today. What an opportunity for him to show he can play 1-2's and really go for it and use his pace/fitness to outclass a baker and tyre fitter.

But no, he kept turning back inside and waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting... just go and show your class, jeez. His shot was OK. From 8 yards. That the keeper saved. Get some confidence and get some balls lad, or do one.

Not everyone can be on form and have great seasons. We have Aurier playing well and Tanganga can cover RB too. Probably not the easiest season to move to a new club, different part of the country and settle and play well immediately. He looks likes he's giving 110%, just not playing well

I really can't take to the guy, and I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Realise he hasn't been here long and there's a settling period. But there's more to it than that. A perceived lack of effort, both going forward and tracking back.

I think he's been fairly average since he's been here. Not what I was expecting but not disastrous.

Tonight was about as bad a performance as I've ever witnessed anyone having for us. And I've seen some brick like a lot of people on here. Took me back to the depths of the 1990s with Edinburgh, Wilson, Kerslake, Tremezzani and some of the other jokers we had at full back. A travesty of a performance amongst some dreadful ones from other players tonight.

I think he's been fairly average since he's been here. Not what I was expecting but not disastrous.

Tonight was about as bad a performance as I've ever witnessed anyone having for us. And I've seen some brick like a lot of people on here. Took me back to the depths of the 1990s with Edinburgh, Wilson, Kerslake, Tremezzani and some of the other jokers we had at full back. A travesty of a performance amongst some dreadful ones from other players tonight.

Special mention for Gilberto

I really can't take to the guy, and I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

Realise he hasn't been here long and there's a settling period. But there's more to it than that. A perceived lack of effort, both going forward and tracking back.

Personally I give him a pass for this season. Players lose form, and some especially do when moving club. Spending whatever funds we have changing our right-back is more or less bottom or our priority list IMO

Personally I give him a pass for this season. Players lose form, and some especially do when moving club. Spending whatever funds we have changing our right-back is more or less bottom or our priority list IMO

Normally I would agree, but I see nothing in this guy, I'd play Tanganga in front of him every day of the week.

Please change thread name to D’oh-erty. We must be down to bare bones if he’s being played out of position on the opposite side.

I have no concerns about him. He just simply needs a run of games. Same with Bale. Rotation should ideally be after 10-15 games, so players are not playing themselves into form each time.

Yup. Needs to show a lot more (other than that he definitely used to support Arsenal)

Yep. I was also an advocate of him. I also liked Castagne (although he ended up more expensive and wasn’t home grown).

It is amazing that fans can point out the players and this is not just some sort of computer game thing.

Cash was a high energy player with very good passing and crossing stats and decent to good tackling stats. He was the right age right price but we looked the other way.

I really think we have gone wrong not looking at the championship enough, sure we did get Rodon. But it is amazing to me how many players that excel in the prem came from the championship.

Back