• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

If this happens then I’m very happy with the transfer. I know I was critical elsewhere about Spurs transfer activity. But, to have three squad signings completed in relatively quick turnaround would be good moves, especially with the players all having Premier League experience, all therefore more likely to adapt quickly to playing for us, and with reasonable prices. The price that’s been talked about for Doherty is a complete bargain. And yes, he supports Arsenal but I couldn’t care less about that as long as he puts in his maximum efforts when playing for us. This is a job for them, and there are plenty of examples of footballers who went on to have very successful careers for the clubs that were the rivals of those that they had supported. Gerrard and Carragher, for example, did ok at Liverpool, and they were Everton supporters.

If this happens then I’m very happy with the transfer. I know I was critical elsewhere about Spurs transfer activity. But, to have three squad signings completed in relatively quick turnaround would be good moves, especially with the players all having Premier League experience, all therefore more likely to adapt quickly to playing for us, and with reasonable prices. The price that’s been talked about for Doherty is a complete bargain. And yes, he supports Arsenal but I couldn’t care less about that as long as he puts in his maximum efforts when playing for us. This is a job for them, and there are plenty of examples of footballers who went on to have very successful careers for the clubs that were the rivals of those that they had supported. Gerrard and Carragher, for example, did ok at Liverpool, and they were Everton supporters.

A few points ..

- Professional players generally (outside of a very few), do not give a fudge who they support vs. who they play for (pays their wages), that's fan brick.

- The impressive part is 3 players potentially before 2nd preseason game, all PL proven, all experienced heads and filling roles needed .. and from what we can tell, in line with or based on manager input.

- Would be nice to get Callum over the line as well, sell a couple, still have some cash and see where we can go for a "difference maker (current strategy is very much about rebalancing team)

Looks like this is happening. Can't say I know much about him. But we needed to upgrade Aurier. The guy just had too many mistakes in him. A shame as he was settling a little and improving. Though we changed our whole setup to basically keep him away from fups near our goal. From what folks say Doherty is a steady defender, which should mean one more defensive hole plugged.

Looks like this is happening. Can't say I know much about him. But we needed to upgrade Aurier. The guy just had too many mistakes in him. A shame as he was settling a little and improving. Though we changed our whole setup to basically keep him away from fups near our goal. From what folks say Doherty is a steady defender, which should mean one more defensive hole plugged.
He is a better version of Aurier
He doesn’t have the brain farts but he does attack much better too

Wolves fans think he's a bit of a steal.

0_Doherty-1PNG.png

Wolves fans think he's a bit of a steal.

0_Doherty-1PNG.png
When you consider he will come in for what we sell Aurier for it is a steal
He is a much better player
The deals we will have down if that happens will give us a net spend of £3m ish for tow upgrades on what we had (or didn’t have in the case of a DM)
Very good work if so

Another good signing if true, that makes 3 good steady players in positions we were lacking in. i am sure there will be a few fans who will say we are not signing bigger named players and no showing enough ambition but they will always find something to moan about whatever.

So what is he like as a character? Is he a leader? I know its nice to have leaders on the pitch but surely to many could clash?

So what is he like as a character? Is he a leader? I know its nice to have leaders on the pitch but surely to many could clash?

Well in interviews he has a refreshing Danny Rose level of no media training. No cliches. Probably way too open for his own good.
He describes himself as having a confidence some people see as arrogance. He's half Dutch through his mother. And you can see it in his personality.

Here's a 40 minute interview he did in June with Irish radio.

Well in interviews he has a refreshing Danny Rose level of no media training. No cliches. Probably way too open for his own good.
He describes himself as having a confidence some people see as arrogance. He's half Dutch through his mother. And you can see it in his personality.

Here's a 40 minute interview he did in June with Irish radio.

He's very scared of Adama Traore. Rightly so.
He is SUPER Irish, so will be a good influence on Troy Parrott and his aspirations to play for Ireland and Spurs.

Another good signing if true, that makes 3 good steady players in positions we were lacking in. i am sure there will be a few fans who will say we are not signing bigger named players and no showing enough ambition but they will always find something to moan about whatever.

Look gramps you are sensible but your fire in your belly has simmered down to a soft boil. We have to push forward in key areas and so far so good but dont gloss over the fact that this is Levys best chance to deliver a team and squad on the pitch under Mourinho.

If we become the only club he goes to and doesnt win ... it would be typical Levy and typical spurs under Enic.

Either way its encouraging to see that we are addressing the balance of the squad.

Back