• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Musacchio

Manchester+City+v+Norwich+City+Premier+League+M2r0e-AFDcQl.jpg

Villarreal have a game tonight don't they?

Yeah, their last pre-season friendly. Team news will be out 7:30 UK time. That'll be a big clue for us.

Though, it's worth noting he's not played for them in pre-season at all yet. So may be too unfit anyway.

Meltdown time. For some. If anything it indicates that we are no where near close yet. Otherwise he wouldn't be playing.

I still think we will get him. But only if we manage to move one of our other CBs on.

Meltdown time. For some. If anything it indicates that we are no where near close yet. Otherwise he wouldn't be playing.

I still think we will get him. But only if we manage to move one of our other CBs on.

Could be them signalling they have no intention of dropping their asking price. I suspect Levy will try to call their bluff.

Move on and get Alderweireld. Cheaper, apparently available and knows Verts' game inside out. Would be a great punt for us, imo. If Poch approves, of course.

Given the links we have heard about so far, I'd reckon that Atletico would want to add Soldado into any deal for Alderweireld.

6.2, will he be the presence in the air that people want?

Given the links we have heard about so far, I'd reckon that Atletico would want to add Soldado into any deal for Alderweireld.

6.2, will he be the presence in the air that people want?

Firstly, I'd keep Soldado and just offer more cash for Alderweireld: I think our Spaniard will have a good year, and his fierce desire to improve and chemistry with Lamela are two factors that ultimately make him worth keeping him around in my eyes.

Secondly, in terms of Alderweireld's aerial presence, it seems quite good from what I've heard and seen. His partnership with Verts at Ajax involved him being the physical, warrior-type CB while Verts remained the more cultured sweeper, and I don't think you become the physical CB in any central defensive pairing without being at least above average in the air.

I'd rather hold out for who Poch really wants unless there's no chance of getting him.

And there's no indication yet that the Musacchio deal is completely dead in the water.

I'd rather hold out for who Poch really wants unless there's no chance of getting him.

And there's no indication yet that the Musacchio deal is completely dead in the water.

I've adopted that approach with Schneiderlin, who I see as Poch's Moutinho, essentially. We have to get him, solely because Poch seems to want him and seems to want to build his team around him. That is backing our new manager. However, with Musacchio, the whispers are that we've already compromised on our primary targets (Lovren, who went to Liverpool, and Moreno, who broke his leg I think) and that Musacchio is Poch's backup option. If that's the case, there is a case for presenting Poch with Alderweireld as an alternative option and letting him make the call.

Move on and get Alderweireld. Cheaper, apparently available and knows Verts' game inside out. Would be a great punt for us, imo. If Poch approves, of course.

Apparently our scouts looked at him a while back before he moved to Spain and decided his marking or positioning wasn't up to much. Can't remember who posted that though.

Still, there must be plenty other options out there surely. Baldini and Poch must be able to use their South American contacts/knowledge to unearth some gem.

Apparently our scouts looked at him a while back before he moved to Spain and decided his marking or positioning wasn't up to much. Can't remember who posted that though.

Still, there must be plenty other options out there surely. Baldini and Poch must be able to use their South American contacts/knowledge to unearth some gem.

Eder Balanta..

[video=youtube;pGVyWkn7OuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGVyWkn7OuM[/video]

I've adopted that approach with Schneiderlin, who I see as Poch's Moutinho, essentially. We have to get him, solely because Poch seems to want him and seems to want to build his team around him. That is backing our new manager. However, with Musacchio, the whispers are that we've already compromised on our primary targets (Lovren, who went to Liverpool, and Moreno, who broke his leg I think) and that Musacchio is Poch's backup option. If that's the case, there is a case for presenting Poch with Alderweireld as an alternative option and letting him make the call.

I totally agree with this approach. I hope levy has learnt from the avb experience. Imagine how we'd address our imbalance with moutinho and conceicao.

Dubai: How much have you seen of Alderweireld? I haven't seen much myself, but when I have seen him I haven't been particularly impressed. Not exactly a massive criticism to not be able to break up the excellent partnership of Miranda and Godin, so Atletico being willing to sell doesn't say much.

I could very easily be wrong here, but haven't seen many people say that he's good enough either so just wondering what you're basing your views on.

Back