• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Musacchio

Doesn't sound like-for-like if you ship out Dawson or Kaboul for this guy.
Kaboul/Dawson are both aerially dominant centre-halves, Kaboul has the physicality on the ground to go with that. You always need one of those type of defenders alongside a more elegant type who can bring the ball out. The bruiser tends to go up for headers while the other guy sweeps behind using his anticipation and positioning skills. Verthongen is that defender at the moment. This guy sounds too similar to Verthongen in my opinion.

Apparently he's very tough and aggressive. Out quick to win the first ball.

A Vidic to Verts' Ferdinand.

Just because he's 2-3 inches shorter than Dawson/Kaboul, he still sounds like a physical CB, and a definitely first ball rather than a sweeping one

The 10 year old who used to live over the back of Spurs Lodge and stalk the players?

He must be at least 14 by now. Guess it is school holidays.

Since Ive been on forums, BEN has always been referred to as the guy who hangs around a tree at Spurs Lodge for info. Considering he used to get quite a few things right I assumed this was some sort of inhouse joke - is this not the case?

Apparently he's very tough and aggressive. Out quick to win the first ball.

A Vidic to Verts' Ferdinand.

Just because he's 2-3 inches shorter than Dawson/Kaboul, he still sounds like a physical CB, and a definitely first ball rather than a sweeping one

Interesting, sounds like a Gallas-type to me - he wasn't tall but was pretty quick & aggressive in trying to win the ball early. Comfortable with either type of centre-half mentioned above alongside him.

Since Ive been on forums, BEN has always been referred to as the guy who hangs around a tree at Spurs Lodge for info. Considering he used to get quite a few things right I assumed this was some sort of inhouse joke - is this not the case?

No, I think it was literal. I think he used to post team selections on Fridays based on the line-up used in the final training session, which he used to watch over his fence. But he could only do this in school holidays.

I think his transfer info came from Graham Roberts, who used to humour him when Roberts was more involved with the camp and driving in and out of the Lodge.

not surprised, just too complicated with the 3rd party interests. Now get Vlaar in !!

So you'd pass on someone who could potentially be our CB stalwart for the next decade, because the transfer dealings are now into their second week (when Ben Davies took a month to get done)?

People are forgetting just how off-the-pace Vlaar was last season. A decent WC shouldn't expunge that he struggled with the speed of the EPL.

So you'd pass on someone who could potentially be our CB stalwart for the next decade, because the transfer dealings are now into their second week (when Ben Davies took a month to get done)?

People are forgetting just how off-the-pace Vlaar was last season. A decent WC shouldn't expunge that he struggled with the speed of the EPL.

im just reacting to the rumour that the deal is off. Of course there is still plenty of time to complete a deal, but i think it will be too complicated with all 3rd party interests and the fact that Spurs would have to offer in the region of 35-40 mill for everyone to be happy. I might be wrong but thats how i see it. If its true Spurs have offered 17 mill, that means Villareal will get around 6 mill for their percentage. Of course they are not happy, especially when they see a nobody like mangala go to City for 42 mill, that Benatia at Roma being valued at 35 mill. If mustacchio is so good, why are they going to accept so little for him?

im just reacting to the rumour that the deal is off. Of course there is still plenty of time to complete a deal, but i think it will be too complicated with all 3rd party interests and the fact that Spurs would have to offer in the region of 35-40 mill for everyone to be happy. I might be wrong but thats how i see it. If its true Spurs have offered 17 mill, that means Villareal will get around 6 mill for their percentage. Of course they are not happy, especially when they see a nobody like mangala go to City for 42 mill, that Benatia at Roma being valued at 35 mill. If mustacchio is so good, why are they going to accept so little for him?

I give a lot more credit to what the Spurspanyol guy is saying - that the mixed noises from Villareal are completely routine for a Spanish club selling their best player, trying to appease the fans by making out they made an effort to keep them. Certainly that over what the weird stalker kid from the old training ground says.

Spurspanyol's latest is that he's done his photos for us and the visa application has been submitted.

I still think Villareal are in the process of buying him outright - giving smaller upfront fees, so they get the bigger 4-year payments and clauses.

Apparent he posted this in a thread about Musacchio on FTL

'Won't happen'

Might just be what he thinks. Might be what he has heard. Might be anything!

No, I think it was literal. I think he used to post team selections on Fridays based on the line-up used in the final training session, which he used to watch over his fence. But he could only do this in school holidays.

I think his transfer info came from Graham Roberts, who used to humour him when Roberts was more involved with the camp and driving in and out of the Lodge.

Haha brilliant!

I give a lot more credit to what the Spurspanyol guy is saying - that the mixed noises from Villareal are completely routine for a Spanish club selling their best player, trying to appease the fans by making out they made an effort to keep them. Certainly that over what the weird stalker kid from the old training ground says.

Spurspanyol's latest is that he's done his photos for us and the visa application has been submitted.

I still think Villareal are in the process of buying him outright - giving smaller upfront fees, so they get the bigger 4-year payments and clauses.

That's completely untrue!
Villarreal have done his photos and applied for his visa for their Europa qualified in in Kazakhstan.

Next target please..

Do you think?

I think it's just a bit of posturing and them preparing just in case he does stay. I think the ball is still in our court for this. I still expect this to be sorted by the weekend. Apparently Villarreal play on Thursday, if he plays that game, then I'd be worried.

Do you think?

I think it's just a bit of posturing and them preparing just in case he does stay. I think the ball is still in our court for this. I still expect this to be sorted by the weekend. Apparently Villarreal play on Thursday, if he plays that game, then I'd be worried.
he is also back in training with them...could be posturing, but like i said, there seems to be a big difference between the 17 mill we offered and the 39 mill Villarreal want

he is also back in training with them...could be posturing, but like i said, there seems to be a big difference between the 17 mill we offered and the 39 mill Villarreal want

The 39m is his release clause. We won't pay it, and I doubt they expect it to be met. I think we'll get him for £21m, and about £12m of that will go to Villarreal. One way or another, his 3rd party ownership will be be sorted.

The 39m is his release clause. We won't pay it, and I doubt they expect it to be met. I think we'll get him for £21m, and about £12m of that will go to Villarreal. One way or another, his 3rd party ownership will be be sorted.

21 mill for a centre half with question marks over his aerial ability, pace and strength?......wow. I wouldnt, and id be very surprised if Levy will.

21 mill for a centre half with question marks over his aerial ability, pace and strength?......wow. I wouldnt, and id be very surprised if Levy will.

Are there question marks? I suspect Mauricio Pochettino, Ian Broomfield, Franco Baldini and whoever else makes the decisions know more about him than we do. I've seen very little of him but while be maybe looks a *bit* suspect in the air, his pace and strength haven't looked bad at all though. He is similar to Gallas, but stronger I'd say. I like what I've seen, and in a world where Mangala costs 30m, 21m for Musacchio seems reasonable.

Didn't someone mention some machine or technique Poch used with J Rod at Southampton which improved his leap hugely? Could Poch be thinking the same here?

You haven't got to be tall to be great in the air. For example, who was better in the air, Les Ferdinand or Peter Crouch??
Lineker was better in the air than Crouch.

I have not [aid to much attention to the player and would appreciate some thoughts. Is he worth this chase? Is he all that?

Back