• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Kovacic

We are being linked with him a lot. Him and Rafa are very close.

Pie in the sky in my opinion.

We are being linked with him a lot. Him and Rafa are very close.

Pie in the sky in my opinion.
Pie in the sky, big time. Especially after the performances he has put in the ICCC. Looks like Real would be unlikely to sell him. And, sorry to say this, but if we cannot get him (with CL and challenging for the title), why would a newly promoted side be able to? It's not like he needs game time to get into the Croatia squad for the WC that would make him want to move.

Can't see Toon signing anyone we have heard of

Rafa may have had a rep but Saudi Sportswashing Machine as a club don't and getting relegated never helped that

A player that Rafa mentored and gave his debut and has a very good and close relationship, where they are still in regular contact is a very different ball game.

Kovacic positively adores Rafa and has been quite open about it.

Still can't see it happening.

But this is the type of signing you have a chance of, only a chance, simply due to having one of the top 5 managers in world football.

Last edited:
Can't see Toon signing anyone we have heard of

Rafa may have had a rep but Saudi Sportswashing Machine as a club don't and getting relegated never helped that
They were being linked to that lad from Fulham. He's probably a bit old now for moulding into a Poch player but he's a very good passer.

What lads that?
Tom Cairney (don't claim to know his name, had to look him up).

But I've heard good things and he looks good from what little I've seen. A player like that could make a team like Saudi Sportswashing Machine tick. If we'd got him 5 years ago he could have been even better I think.

A player that Rafa mentored and gave his debut and has a very good and close relationship, where they are still in regular contact is a very different ball game.

But this is the type of signing you have a chance of, only a chance, simply due to having one of the top 5 managers in world football.
You said it yourself in four words "can't see it happening"

If the player is allowed to leave Madrid then he will have several far more attractive offers.

I wouldn't even allow yourself that little glimmer of hope on this one Greg.

Besides - you'd be better off concentrating on trying to get in one of the top 5 managers in World football ;)

Tom Cairney (don't claim to know his name, had to look him up).

But I've heard good things and he looks good from what little I've seen. A player like that could make a team like Saudi Sportswashing Machine tick. If we'd got him 5 years ago he could have been even better I think.
He was reported to be having a great season last year. Didn't he look absolutely awful in their FA Cup game against us though?

He was reported to be having a great season last year. Didn't he look absolutely awful in their FA Cup game against us though?
Didn't watch it but I did hear similar reports.

I've seen him a handful of times and he's always seemed well above the level he's currently at.

Tom Ciarney was brilliant last season, a real stand out. But Fulham want £25M+ (we had £20M rejected last January) and at his age, he isn't worth that, even in this crazy market.

Tom Ciarney was brilliant last season, a real stand out. But Fulham want £25M+ (we had £20M rejected last January) and at his age, he isn't worth that, even in this crazy market.
If Sissoko is worth £30M then Cairney is worth £60M.

Hint: Neither are worth nearly that money.

In terms of weight maybe.

I'm actually looking forward to having the Fat Spanish Waiter back in the Premier League. There's a huge opening ever since Brendan Rogers and Woy Hodgson hung their clown shoes up.

In terms of weight maybe.

I'm actually looking forward to having the Fat Spanish Waiter back in the Premier League. There's a huge opening ever since Brendan Rogers and Woy Hodgson hung their clown shoes up.

But unfair. He has won big trophies and been a success in the past. How can you compare him to Rodgers and Hodgson

Benetiz is a top 5 manager in the same sense Rooney is one of the best players in the league ie living off former glories rather than actual current ability

But unfair. He has won big trophies and been a success in the past. How can you compare him to Rodgers and Hodgson

That Champions League win was the biggest fluke in the history of the tournament. Other than that he's very good at getting 0-0 draws away in Europe. Rogers got 2nd in the league, that's better than Rafa ever did. Don't get me started on Hodgson.

Back