• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Kovacic

From what I've seen I like - great balance and two good feet, happy to turn left or right, and tries to draw a player before releasing the ball. i thought the reason why he isn't featuring regularly for madrid is because they already have modric, and to me they are very similar.

Agree with that description

He's making £90K/wk at Madrid. At that salary, maaaybe he'd be gettable. He can then turn into a Luka and we can sell him back to Madrid for £50 mil 3 years down the road. :D
That would make him our top paid player.... There is also a question over whether that £90k is gross or net (wages on the continent are often reported as the net figure for some reason).

I therefore go back to the post I made on 7th June stating that after a big money move to Real Madrid he is probably on a wage that is beyond us.

I don't think he's all that. I've been underwhelmed every time I've seen him play though I will freely admit that is not a whole lot.

Apparently Dortmund's prime target after Schurrle, if Bild/Kicker are any indicators. I wonder if the Gotze stuff is all a false flag, and Dortmund end up overpaying for him in the end while we get Kovacic. Wouldn't mind one bit if that happened, and props to Levy if he does pull something like that. :p

can't say i know much about him - but a quick google makes him to be a pretty versatile midfielder, started off as an advanced midfielder in Croatia before player out wide and then deeper at Inter before moving to Madrid.

One of his trademarks is dropping deep to receive the ball and then driving forward, often performing his slalom runs

maybe a potential Dembele replacement?

From what I've seen I like - great balance and two good feet, happy to turn left or right, and tries to draw a player before releasing the ball. i thought the reason why he isn't featuring regularly for madrid is because they already have modric, and to me they are very similar.

Wow that is some description

Similar to Luka?

Get him in!!

I like him, Kovacic and Williams are the two players I would sign from Spain if I could sign anyone, think Williams is the sort of winger Poch would actually like but probably totally out of our price range.

Back