• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Kovacic

CHELSEA OFFERED KOVACIC

Real Madrid have offered Chelsea Mateo Kovacic on loan in order to persuade them to sell Thibaut Courtois, say Sky sources.

Serbia midfielder Kovacic has been told he can leave Madrid this summer. They are prepared to let him join Chelsea on a season-long loan.

Chelsea will not let Courtois go until they find a replacement.

Sky with their usual care for the details.

Can Kovacic play in goal then?

I realised that you must have been joking a second after pressing the post button. The igijedi character is rather different from the run-of-the mill flimflamters, to be fair.

There are no youngsters on message boards any more. Anonymous posting is for pre-digital generations; the youngsters are on Twitter and Snapchat. No, SC posters are just like us, really.

So why do they put up with this nonsense, and pay for it? They donate because they are told that the site costs a fortune to run. It's just about possible that Rob really does have a fantastically, eye-wateringly bad deal from his hosting provider, and that his accounts of the accounts are honest. Either he is being taken for a mug, or the donors are, though.

They don't mock the ITKs, because if they do they will be cast into the outer darkness. And if they want to post somewhere with the same volume of traffic, they have no option but the lunatic-run asylum of The Fighting rooster, where they will be sworn at by strange, angry, spittle-frothing posters who they were quite relieved to see banned from SC.

It's a difficult situation and one has to feel sorry for them.
How much is it claimed their hosting costs?

My belief (and experience) is that modern ad revenues and modern hosting costs tend to be roughly parallel when calculated per user. Bandwidth is virtually free, and now that compute cycles are available on demand (or can be added to a VPS within hours), scaling up and down for busy periods should be quite simple.

The only time we really struggled here was when we bought a server and had it hosted because VPS offerings were brick. I've still got that server sitting in a corner of my office - probably worth something as an antique now!

My belief (and experience) is that modern ad revenues and modern hosting costs tend to be roughly parallel when calculated per user. Bandwidth is virtually free, and now that compute cycles are available on demand (or can be added to a VPS within hours), scaling up and down for busy periods should be quite simple.

The only time we really struggled here was when we bought a server and had it hosted because VPS offerings were brick. I've still got that server sitting in a corner of my office - probably worth something as an antique now!

£5k a year.

You're doing a stellar job with this site Scara. Much appreciated.

£5k a year.
I don't know enough about their load to go into too much detail, but a properly configured CDN will do most of the work for less than $50/year.

At the prices I pay (far from the cheapest), the rest would pay for 2 mysql VPSs and 2 web server VPSs. That sounds like a lot - almost certainly a lack of optimisation in the db, web caching, CDN or a combination of those.

I don't know enough about their load to go into too much detail, but a properly configured CDN will do most of the work for less than $50/year.

At the prices I pay (far from the cheapest), the rest would pay for 2 mysql VPSs and 2 web server VPSs. That sounds like a lot - almost certainly a lack of optimisation in the db, web caching, CDN or a combination of those.

It’s difficult to believe that their load is an order of magnitude higher, certainly.

BURNLEY BACK IN J-ROD HUNT

Sky Sports News understands Burnley will make an improved £18m offer to West Brom for striker Jay Rodriguez later today.

Sean Dyche is becoming increasingly frustrated by the situation and wants a new striker in before the deadline - it's thought Rodriguez is keen on a move back to the Premier League in his home town, but is prepared to stay and try to get Albion back into the top division if a deal can’t be done.

I'm surprised they don't look at Janssen, far younger and I think we'd sell for a similar price. Had a good goal scoring record before and could do well playing regularly without so much focus on him.

For midfield they will have

1st choice
Kante
Jorginho
Kovacevic

Backup
Fabregas
Drinkwater
Bakeyako
Barkley
Loftus Cheek
The youngster who's name I've forgotten that played in the charity shield

Up top
Morata
Batshuyai
Hazard
Willian
Pedro
Abraham

I wonder who they will let go, I think Loftus Cheek with Poch coaching him could go on to become some player if he's available. Having played all last season and been at the world cup I doubt he wants to sit on the bench for a season.

For midfield they will have

1st choice
Kante
Jorginho
Kovacevic

Backup
Fabregas
Drinkwater
Bakeyako
Barkley
Loftus Cheek
The youngster who's name I've forgotten that played in the charity shield

Up top
Morata
Batshuyai
Hazard
Willian
Pedro
Abraham

I wonder who they will let go, I think Loftus Cheek with Poch coaching him could go on to become some player if he's available. Having played all last season and been at the world cup I doubt he wants to sit on the bench for a season.
RLC going back to palace
Drinkwater to Everton too apparently

Wonder what Barkley thinks of his decision to go there.

article-2323704-19C09FB9000005DC-706_634x477.jpg

Back