• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matè

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
I randomly bought a box of this today after Poch kept mentioning it in his book. Apparently it's Argentina's national drink. I've not tried making it yet. Has anyone had any before/got any thoughts on it?

I don't think you are supposed to drink it

497bb7ff521f80830163dfa3c00ee8b7--fest-bubble-baths.jpg

I randomly bought a box of this today after Poch kept mentioning it in his book. Apparently it's Argentina's national drink. I've not tried making it yet. Has anyone had any before/got any thoughts on it?
I saw Phil Neville try some of Zabaleta's, during the World Cup.
He said "Oeoeerughhh that's dizzzguzting that erererrr... it's just hot water and some herbs.... it tastes of nothing except disgusting..." so I guess it is one of those "grown up" drinks like Green Tea which are revolting, but if you persevere for weeks you start to like it

It is like green tea, but a bit of a smokey flavour too. Not bad. I've got 39 more bags of it now to acquire a taste or not

Argentinians are addicted to it. As you say it's basically green tea. Has calming benefits and is a good way of hydrating. More of a daily ritual for them than a cuppa is for an Englishman, which is saying something.

I traveled with an Argentinian girl for a couple of months and she was constantly drinking it with hot water, cold water and orange fanta. Nutter.

Don't they drink it in metal cups with straws, and with the leaves exposed on the top, so it looks a bit like a massive hash pipe?

The stuff I found here was just tea bags

Iirc they drink it in a little pot with the herbs loose in the water and it's not like english tea where you have a small amount of tea- half the bloody cup is the herbs almost and yeah they drink via a straw to get to the liquid which sits at the bottom

Bloody disgusting stuff but the argies are mad for it

Iirc they drink it in a little pot with the herbs loose in the water and it's not like english tea where you have a small amount of tea- half the bloody cup is the herbs almost and yeah they drink via a straw to get to the liquid which sits at the bottom

Bloody disgusting stuff but the argies are mad for it

So you dont have any?

that would make you billy no mate

Don't they drink it in metal cups with straws, and with the leaves exposed on the top, so it looks a bit like a massive hash pipe?

The stuff I found here was just tea bags
It's traditionally drunk from a hollowed out gourd and the straw is called a bombilla. It's also a national drink in Uruguay - you get it everywhere and they have hot water in many shops/petrol stations where you can fill up. I bought a set on ebay and glug the stuff all day.

Back