• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings

a quick one from me as I have to go to bed, just back from the pub and work tomorrow :cry:

Back 5 were heroic. Ledley and Daws wound back the clock there, both immense. Ledley strolled through the game, bossed whoever came close, and Daws actually owned Carroll aerially for the most part. Parker and Livermore were absolutely immense in front of them. All of those guys were 8's to me, as well as Friedel, who basically didn't put a foot wrong. Totally solid and dependable when we needed him.

Bale (5) was poor by his standards. Ade (6) did ok, starved of good service, had some good moments but also some seriously lackadaisical ones too. Luka (7)was pretty decent I thought, kept the ball very well, sick through ball for Bale's chance... wasn't his fault he didn't have many runners I thought.

Tonight was a good battling performance, with so many key players out (Lennon, VDV, Kaboul especially), wasn't a game for Niko really (we needed pace & directness on that side). We showed Liverpool up to be what they are: extremely average, no cutting edge, so reliant on an outdated crossing slash hoofing game. I think they were there for the taking but I'm not sure we had the matchday 16 personnel to take advantage. Showed the folly of not getting Hoillett or someone as Lennon cover. Oh well.

A better point for us than them. Onwards and upwards.

COYS

:ross: this thread has cheered me up from 2 points dropped, thanks troll/hotspur girl

2 points dropped? No one has won at Anfield this season (including City, United (twice including the FA cup) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine), so it's not like we've lost ground.

2 points dropped? No one has won at Anfield this season (including City, United (twice including the FA cup) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine), so it's not like we've lost ground.

i'm just upset that we should have won the game had we made formation changes and earlier subs, & when Bale missed that chance. still gutted!

Why is it whenever a (alleged) girl turns up, all the board pervs come crawling out their holes.

Now hotspurgirl, throw me a PM, I have something to show you...

Checkbox ON

128829619717840668.jpg

Checkbox OFF

128829619717840668.jpg

Friedel -7- Solid.
Walker -7- Shame he couldn’t beat Johnson when attacking but decent display defensively.
Dawson -7.5– Great sliding tackle on Carroll.
King -7– Composed.
Benny -6– Has looked a bit off form of late.
Parker -8– Great battling performance, although gave away a couple of free kicks away on edge of our area.
Livermore –6.5– Decent shift.
Modric –6.5– Subdued by his standards.
Kranjcar –6.5– Great pass to put Bale through, worked hard.
Bale –6.5– They doubled and trebled up to negate him, shame the once good chance he got he fluffed.
Ade -6– Left isolated up front but could’ve held the ball up better.

Saha -6.5– Looked lively, would’ve liked to see him link up with Ade.

Last edited:
People giving 8's and 9's in a game we played 75% of the time like hoofing cloggers and were pressed continously without getting out of our half for more than 10 minutes at a time? Wow. I have the game recorded - if anyone needs a recap. Hard defended 1 point but nothing more, imv

We were dire in the first 30 mins and couldn't string a forward pass. Last 15 minutes of the half were much better albeit of little output. Second half was more or less a mirror image and we seemed to settle for a draw considering how thin our bench was. Ideally Saha should have come on for Krunchie or Livermore and go for the win but that could well have cost us the game. They were playing a mighty-high line which I felt we could have exploited more. Our midfield was anorexic in terms of possession and that hurt us immensely - we are a possession team this season more than anything.

Brad - 7 solid

Walker - 7 - kept Bellamy quiet and offered width at time

Dawson - 7 - got the best of Carroll aeriallly which is a remarkable achievement

King - 7 - composed throughout

BAE - 5 - Shockorama - could have cost us 2-3 goals down his side if it wasn't for King and Parker mopping up

Livermore - 6 - ok

Modric - 6 - kept quiet and constantly pressed out of possession

Krunchie - 6.5 - helped defensively earlier but appeared to tire as the game went on

Parker - 7.5 - MotM - threw himself at everything

Bale - 6 - a night to forget

Ade - 5 - marginalised and isolated without support.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, looks like I'll be disagreeing with a few people on these...

Friedel 8
Walker 7
Dawson 8
King 7
Assou ekotto 6
Parker 8
Livermore 6
Modric 5
Bale 6
Kranjcar 6
Adebayor 5

What Liverpool did from the start of the game was to cut off our distribution angles, meaning that our midfield and strikeforce needed to adapt their game to provide more movement to compensate. Instead, they retreated back into defensive positions and cut off our attacking threat. Adebayor had a poor game, but half the time he lost the ball it was because no-one was there to provide an option for him so he dwelled on the ball and got caught - leading to him moving into deeper and wider positions to compensate.

Some of the ratings on here seem to give credit for a scappy draw rather than focusing on the issue that Liverpool were able to stifle our 'Plan A' and our only 'Plan B' was to defend deep and hope for a lucky break, rather than take advantage of the Liverpool tactic and use movement to pull their players out of position.

Funnily enough, the only time I saw one of our midfield players do what they should be doing was when Modric played someone (Ekotto?) into trouble down the left and then charged towards him to provide a short passing option rather than wait for a Liverpool player to get between them.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree with hotspurgirl - Ade hasnt been at the races for the last few games. Not leading the line like he did earlier in the season. Not even competing for some balls in the air. Hold up play was worse than Pav today - and that is saying something! Needs a hairdryer from Harry or else we start with Saha next time.

much longer than that

Who can remember one thing that Ade did well today? Bale was fully involved and even though it wasnt one of his best games he had three strikes on goal and was surrounded by three Liverpool thugs at all times. Remember it was his brilliant run to beat the offside trap in the first place which created the chance for himself.

great post mate

Ade was invisible again - Bale was the only attacking threat throughout the game alebit to little sucess.

He's been steadily deteriorarting since Villa at home and needs to pick his game up urgently

Friedel - 8 - Solid, consistant, cleansheet.

Walker - 7 - Gave away some poor balls, needs to sort out his final ball, very quick, decent game.
Dawson - 8 - Absolutely brilliant performance
King - 8 - Best of the two centre halves, both absolutely class
Ekotto - 6.5 - In all honesty, it may seem low but I just feel out of the defenders he was below all three, real sloppy at times.

Kranjcar - 7 - So calm on the ball, some excellent passes, our best player in the first half, almost non existant in the second.
Parker - 9 - Man of the match, definitely didn't see it coming after the first half when I and many wanted him off for Saha, magnet to the ball!
Modric - 8 - So silky, passing is brilliant and his pass for the Bale chance was nothing short of spectacular. Just absolute joy to have at the club.
Livermore - 7.5 - First half, he was close to being our best player, second half he didn't really stand out but maybe it was a good thing? Another solid performance.
Bale - 7 - Took on players at times, had a good chance at the end but it wasn't his day unfortunately, decent performance, pathetic dive though sadly.

Adebayor - 6 - Now, with Bale roaming around at times, Parker, Livermore and Modric so deep and Kranjcar out wide, who is Adebayor looking to bring into the game? Usually it's Defoe or VDV who are close when he's getting the ball but none of that today, should have been a 4-4-2. His touch was poor today though.

Pretty sure that was Krankie mate?

Back