• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match Ratings v Chelsea

Friedel - 7, didn't do anything wrong
Walker - 6, not sure how he got man of the match, especially considering his almost disasterous lack of judgement on their post hitting free kick!
Gallas - 7, our best defender on the day comfortably but very lucky not to have conceded a pen.
Kaboul - 4, absolute liability. Three really bad mistakes, one that should've accumulated in a penalty and another where Parker really saved his bacon.
Ekotto - 5, maybe thinking about his birthday. Would explain why he switched off so much. Gifted Chelsea a great chance, but Parker bailed him out and is definitely owed some cake!
VDV - 7, thought he played really well today and was very disciplined
Sandro - 5, struggled to be involved and gave it away cheaply too often
Parker - 9, MOM. His first half performance alone warranted it but in the second half he was also defensively excellent. Like VDV a much more discplined performance too.
Modric 7, thought he was very poor in the first half, but absolutely outstanding in the second half
Bale 6, thought he was a threat and kept trying things. Not much came off for him today though.
Ade 6, struggled on his own up top but came into the game a lot more when Saha came on. Overall though he did waste some good possession and really should've buried the one on one.

Saha 7, made a positive impact
Livermore 6, didn't really get involved

Redknapp 8, did exactly what I said he was doing in the OMT. Play tight for 75 mins, play for the draw and then the last 10/15 mins go for it and see if you can sneak a win. Almost worked too.

mate, a 5 for sandro?

respectfully disagree

actually let me just get mine up

Friedel - 7

Walker - 7
Gallas- 8
Kaboul- 7
Ekotto - 6.5

Sandro - 6.5
Parker - 8.5
Modric - 7

VDV- 7.5
Ade - 7.5
Bale - 7

Moonlit doesn't rate Walker, Kaboul and BAE oh and guess what? a 6,4,and 5 rating.

i'm sure you've stated sandro is overrated on here too?

To be fair, he is a little bit, isn't he? The lad has acres of potential, but at present he looks (IMV) too slow to tackle (always a card waiting to happen), a very, very average passer, has a severly limited overview and is often made to look better by his antics and runs. He is actually a bit like Zokora was. On the other hand he is young, has a big heart and shows great effort whenever he is on the pitch, and his successful tackles are often important ones. I have high hopes for him, but he is nowhere near the finished article yet.

But his biggest overrater has to be himself, quoting Barcelona and such as his level, using us as a stepping stone. :)

Edit: Disclaimer: the above is lifted from the rumour section of GG.co.uk

To be fair, he is a little bit, isn't he? The lad has acres of potential, but at present he looks (IMV) too slow to tackle (always a card waiting to happen), a very, very average passer, has a severly limited overview and is often made to look better by his antics and runs. He is actually a bit like Zokora was. On the other hand he is young, has a big heart and shows great effort whenever he is on the pitch, and his successful tackles are often important ones. I have high hopes for him, but he is nowhere near the finished article yet.

But his biggest overrater has to be himself, quoting Barcelona and such as his level, using us as a stepping stone. :)

He's nothing like Zokora (and i liked Zokora). Sandro's positional sense takes a grade A dump on Zokora's. His interceptions because of his positional play are world class. he can improve in other areas ok but he's still got massive potential (a 5 rating today? gimme a break).

Friedel - 6

Walker - 7 defended the whole right side well
Gallas - 8 The real captain today led from defences
Kaboul - 7 solid
Benoit - 7 did very well against Ramires after a shaky start

Sandro - 7 Solid and made it difficult for chelsea to play
Parker - 7 disciplined and won the ball well
Modric - 7 Got better as the game went on and found a lot of space
Bale - 7.5 Our best attacking threat, chelsea were scared whenever he had the ball and he dribbled very well in tight spaces.

VdV - 8 kept possession well, dictated our play and was bossing the midfield
Ade - 7 Isolated abit but did well

Livermore - 6 - did well when he came on, no time to do much but he contributed towards our fight well
Saha - 6 not much time and lost the ball a few times but nothing of the horror shows of late

This. Saha was poor when he came on and lost the ball a few times. Personally I would have only given Modric a 6 as I thought he was average at best today.

This. Saha was poor when he came on and lost the ball a few times. Personally I would have only given Modric a 6 as I thought he was average at best today.

He created 4 clear cut chances for us today and kept possession brilliantly.
Yup,that's average at best...

He's nothing like Zokora (and i liked Zokora). Sandro's positional sense takes a grade A dump on Zokora's. His interceptions because of his positional play are world class. he can improve in other areas ok but he's still got massive potential (a 5 rating today? gimme a break).

I wouldn't give him a 5, even if today wasn't his best game. No Spurs player deserved a 5 today. I meant that he is like Zokora in the way that he often looks more "into it" by the way he makes his runs, even if they seldom come to anything at all, or ends it with a poor pass. But of course Sandro is much better, I agree. And I liked Zokora too, for the same reason as Sandro i.e. his spirited performances.

Friedel 7 Nothing much to do.
Benny 6 Seemed to panic after the penalty shout. He does this sometimes, it's his greatest liabilty, this lack of concentration.
Kaboul 5 How can a guy like him be so easily muscled off the ball. Poor positioning and recovery nearly let Cheat$ki score in the first half.
Gallas 6 Meh he was OK considering his long layoff.
Walker 7.5 Some good defending and yeah he got up and down well enough.
Bale 6 Very quiet in the first half, but as the game stretched he saw more of the ball. Needs to bring team mates in more though.
Parker 8 His best game for a long time. Seemed to have more energy.
Sandro 5 Cannot see what all the fuss is about. I just dont see him as being effective in his role. Much better when Townsend came on.
Modric 7 Very quiet in first half, but he found more space and in dangerous areas in second half.
VDV 7.5 A good performance from him. Didnt drop so deep to collect the ball, which was pleasing.
Ade 6 Yeah great hold up play, but to what effect? He keeps missing sitters.

Can you name the four clear cut chances. I can only recall the bricky corners - again
His run at the end of first half where he passed the ball to VdV
He earned the free kick and then provided a great ball in which Gallas fudged up
Great through ball for Adebayor for his 1on1 chance
Corner kick where Bale hit the bar

here,thats 4
Seems like you have a really bad memory

mate, a 5 for sandro?

respectfully disagree

actually let me just get mine up

Just thought he was well below par (par to me is a 6) today. He didn't seem to know where he was meant to be playing in the first half. He wasn't defensive, but didn't get forward either. At one stage I thought he may have been assigned a man marking role so I kept checking but he was often in space marking no one. On the ball he gave it away a fair few times cheaply, and he also picked up a silly booking. I don't do 0.5's so if he was below par, he gets a 5. He wasn't dreadful (that would be a 3) or very poor (a 4). He just wasn't above average (7) or good (8).

Last edited:
Friedel 7 - Solid. Could have been more offensive in the box.

Walker 7 - Some sloppy moments, but overall a good game. Did well coming forward.
Gallas 8 - Our best defender.
Kaboul 6 - A few big mistakes that could have costed us the game, but did allright apart from that.
BAE 6 - Too sloppy today, makes a few big mistakes, and not as influential goi g forward.

VDV 8 - His best performance in a long time. Disciplined and creative.
Parker 9 - Outstanding. MOM. Worked so well to shield the defence and never stopped running. Great game.
Sandro 6 - Average. A few sloppy passes and his positioning wasnt the best either. Can do better.
Modric 8 - Not the best first half, but had a great second half. Very influential to our play. Kept the game ticking for us.
Bale 7 - Tried hard, but his decision making let him down. Still caused a lot of trouble for Chelski.

Ade 7 - Started the game badly, but improved massively. Had he scored, it would be an 8.

Subs:
Saha 7 - Did a good job, but never ally a threat. But workednhard and helped us create chances.
Livermore 6 - Anonymous.

Just thought he was well below par (which to me is a 6) today. He didn't seem to know where he was meant to be playing in the first half. He wasn't defensive, but didn't get forward either. At one stage I thought he may have been assigned a man marking role so I kept checking but he was often in space marking no one. On the ball he gave it away a fair few times cheaply, and he also picked up a silly booking. I don't do 0.5's so if he was below par, he gets a 6. He wasn't dreadful (that would be a 3) or very poor (a 4). He just wasn't above average (7) or good (8).

You gave him a 5 though?

Ah i get it. A 6 is what you'd normally give a player that delivered that type of performance but i've forgot your customary -1 rating if you don't rate the player. i understand now.

no you got it wrong and you can't even admit it. Yes we played tight but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know we were going to play it tight going away to Chelsea. the fact is we created far more than they did playing such an ultra defensive tactic (thats what you call it yes?). They created fudge all.

You got it wrong. You saw the team selection and moaned about it being a defeatist atitude by Arry and now you're somehow trying to claim you knew this was gonna happen all along?

Aww honey, did I upset you and get under your skin? Such a fragile boy! I remember you from when I used to frequent here a lot. Good to see you haven't changed!!

Oh, and I didn't get it wrong. We played negative in the first half, and during the first half in the OMT I did tell people to stop getting upset that we weren't bombing forward because it was obvious the game plan was play defensive. I also predicated that the last 10 mins we'd open up a bit and go for a later winner. Personally that's the way I think the game went too.

Back