• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Sunderland - poll added

Re: Ratings v Sunderland

Depressing lot you guys are .. we had 70% odd possession, very little threat from opposition.

Yes it took us a long time to win game, but even a point would have been kind to Sunderland.

Yet multiple 5 & 6 scores?

They sat back and let us have the ball and hoped they'd get a 1-1 draw.
They were terrible.

Some positives - slightly better home performance with some decent midfield passing. Stombouli and Dembele showing they can be good players for us. Even with the middle two changing we seem a more settled side now.

I thought the full backs could have done more in the final third - instead of cross, dummy the cross, and cut back. Then move the ball or pass to a midfield runner (another missing element) into that area around the edge of the box. You see chelsea do it all the time. Work the ball wide in the final third, a sprinting runner from midfield along the line of the box takes a pass - and from there they can pass across goal, shoot etc. We were too obvious, the full backs need to be trickier and we need better movement from deep.

But all in all a decent performance. Eriken is golden. He doesn't need much space or lots of opportunities. Even with Kane on song, Eriksen is still out most important player. One is 21, the other 22!

- - - Updated - - -

Some positives - slightly better home performance with some decent midfield passing. Stombouli and Dembele showing they can be good players for us. Even with the middle two changing we seem a more settled side now.

I thought the full backs could have done more in the final third - instead of cross, dummy the cross, and cut back. Then move the ball or pass to a midfield runner (another missing element) into that area around the edge of the box. You see chelsea do it all the time. Work the ball wide in the final third, a sprinting runner from midfield along the line of the box takes a pass - and from there they can pass across goal, shoot etc. We were too obvious, the full backs need to be trickier and we need better movement from deep.

But all in all a decent performance. Eriken is golden. He doesn't need much space or lots of opportunities. Even with Kane on song, Eriksen is still out most important player. One is 21, the other 22!

Dosnt suprise me, you said a few weeks back you thought Mason and Kane would both be playing in the championship in 18 months.

Still think mason will. Kane has proved me wrong.

Ding quite know what that's got to do with how much of a weak link rose was in our team yesterday though.

Rose, Vertonghen, Lloris were very good, thought Stambouli had a good 2nd half, him and Dembele seemed to be less on top of each other as the game went on. Lack of width/pace/urgency at times was frustrating, but then Sunderland just stuck men behind the ball (their time wasting antics were also at another level, similar to that of Fat Sam's Bolton)

Eriksen & Lloris main players for us today
Great mention to Jan for scoring two goals and getting the title away from Pedro Mendes for being most blatently robbed of a goal in Spur's PL history

Had a lot of possession, comfortable game for a lot of the game, Sunderland really only had probably three chances, plus a couple of set pieces.

Out of the subs, Townsend definitely made an impact, good appearance apart from one mandatory stupid shot.

Lack of quality deliveries from Rose/Walker was the difference between this being a tight game and a total rout (both were in great positions all game)

Excellent summary.

Thought both Soldado and Ade didn't offer any great spearhead/threat. Still think we need to strengthen in this position before the end of the window.

My old gripe of our ineffectiveness at corners has returned. Mostly due to poor delivery by Eriksen. But as he more often than not can't beat the first man, why oh why don't we have someone in front of that first man to flick it on? Beats me.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and special mention to Stabouli. Had his best game for Spurs IMO .

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and special mention to Stabouli. Had his best game for Spurs IMO .

My old gripe of our ineffectiveness at corners has returned. Mostly due to poor delivery by Eriksen. But as he more often than not can't beat the first man, why oh why don't we have someone in front of that first man to flick it on? Beats me.
Beats me too. We scored directly from a corner against Burnley when Paulinho looped a cross to the far post for Chiricheese to bundle it in so why on earth doesn't Poch get Eriksen - or anybody come to that - to try the same?

Last edited:
Back