• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mata to utd. Draxler to arsenal. Are we fu**ed?

veron23

Banned
Wind Up Merchant
GHod knows why Chelsea, Utd and City are allowing Draxler to go Arsenal. but if its true this together with all the proposed Man Utd signings (mata, shaw etc) shall we kiss Champions League goodbye for not only this season but the next few seasons???

We're always going to be the 6th place club until:

1) We build the stadium

or

2) We get a DoF and coach working in tandem with a philosophy to turn us into a Dortmund/Porto/Ajax where individual players don't matter because the production line and system are so strong

Saying that we should be taking more advantage of Liverpool and United recent lulls because we do temporarily have better squads than them.

We are miles behind Arsenal, Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project so we really shouldn't be comparing ourselves to those.

Liverpool haven't strengthened in the window yet so that is a positive. Mata to Man Utd is obviously huge for them and I have no doubt he will perform but I feel we have given ourselves a good platform to finish above them, our injured players coming back will feel like new signings and we are already 6 points clear of them at the moment. It'll be exciting though.

i was over the moon when draxler signed a new contract with schalke, i thought thers no chance hed ever go arsenal. i cant believe utd, city(although they tried in the summer) and chelsea arnt going for him. hes perfect for those teams and wayyyy more suited to united than mata - these teams are really missing a trick if they dont go for him - he has it all. id rather he go anywhere than arsenal.

i thought this was our chance this year but ozil draxler at arsenal, mata shaw and whoever else at united. i fear we"ll never break them now

lamela needs to step up!!

i was over the moon when draxler signed a new contract with schalke, i thought thers no chance hed ever go arsenal. i cant believe utd, city(although they tried in the summer) and chelsea arnt going for him. hes perfect for those teams and wayyyy more suited to united than mata. id rather he go anywhere than arsenal.

i thought this was our chance this year but ozil draxler at arsenal, mata shaw and whoever else at united. i fear we"ll never break them now

its our year every year though. It'll NEVER be our year until we're signed by wealthy billionaire sugar daddys willing to plough money into the club, pay for our new stadium and get us some genuine world class talent.

I agree with mumorn, the top 3 are gone and I think our squad compares favourably with the sides around us, I'd give united the best chance as they have 3 excellent weapons (albeit 2 are injured right now) and a proven manager in moyes, Everton don't have a massive squad and this is new territory for Martinez, the dippers are managed by an idiot despite their excellent front line

I agree with mumorn, the top 3 are gone and I think our squad compares favourably with the sides around us, I'd give united the best chance as they have 3 excellent weapons (albeit 2 are injured right now) and a proven manager in moyes, Everton don't have a massive squad and this is new territory for Martinez, the dippers are managed by an idiot despite their excellent front line

Everton will drop off, I've always been confident of it. They are the Saudi Sportswashing Machine of 2011/2012. Just replace Chelsea of that year with Manchester United (obviously without the Champions League win).

It's Liverpool I still feel we need to worry about more than Man Utd. They play attractive football, have a real deadly weapon in Suarez but another deadly weapon in their brand of football.

Weve only been outside of the top 5 twice in the last 7 years

yes but that has coincided with Liverpool dramatically losing their way (and for one season Chelsea) - in terms of finances we're the 6th biggest club, so all things being equal and everyone getting their moneys worth we're 6th. we need to carry on buying smart as we have been and hope we can get together a side better than our rivals, as we did with the VdV/Modric/Bale/Adebayor side - no reason to think we can't build a side that's better than our rivals if we're smart - but's it's not a given - and when we do so, we need to make sure we don't **** it up the wall again

This all goes back to the last two seasons when we have failed to topple arsenal to CL

A lot of people in here said that we should not be thinking about arsenal etc.

Sorry but if you are from North london and have to interact with these arrogant self satisfying ****s you'd understand why it was so important to get one over on them.

Not only are their fans goading us but so are their players (Ozil, Walcott doing the 2-0 signs recently)

We are to blame for arsenal's recent ascendency, the likes of ozil and draxler would not be looking at them if they were not in the CL

GB says we need a new stadium and a DOF who will work with the 1st team coach to move forward. I say we need a new mentality - from the manager, the chairman and the fans

yes but that has coincided with Liverpool dramatically losing their way - in terms of finances we're the 6th biggest club, so all things being equal and everyone getting their moneys worth we're 6th. we need to carry on buying smart as we have been and hope we can get together a side better than our rivals, as we did with the VdV/Modric/Bale/Adebayor side - no reason to think we can't build a side that's better than our rivals if we're smart - but's it's not a given - and when we do so, we need to make sure we don't **** it up the wall again

It's also called time and patience, which a lot of fans and especially Daniel Levy doesn't seem to have.

Bale was signed in 2007.
Modric was signed in 2008.
van der Vaart was signed in 2010.
Adebayor was signed in 2011.

Four years between first and last signing culminated in a superb free flowing side in 2011/2012 which was great to watch and provided many superb moments.

yes but that has coincided with Liverpool dramatically losing their way (and for one season Chelsea) - in terms of finances we're the 6th biggest club, so all things being equal and everyone getting their moneys worth we're 6th. we need to carry on buying smart as we have been and hope we can get together a side better than our rivals, as we did with the VdV/Modric/Bale/Adebayor side - no reason to think we can't build a side that's better than our rivals if we're smart - but's it's not a given - and when we do so, we need to make sure we don't **** it up the wall again

So we should be 6th? Well why did we sack Jol? A manager who truly loved working for us, had a genuine connection with the club and was getting us 5th consistently.
Read my post above - a new mentality is needed. Stop thinking like a loser.

probably longer than that if you factor in Dawson/Ekotto and the like. it started with Arnesen, continued with Commoli and finished with Redknapp

This all goes back to the last two seasons when we have failed to topple arsenal to CL

A lot of people in here said that we should not be thinking about arsenal etc.

Sorry but if you are from North london and have to interact with these arrogant self satisfying ****s you'd understand why it was so important to get one over on them.

Not only are their fans goading us but so are their players (Ozil, Walcott doing the 2-0 signs recently)

We are to blame for arsenal's recent ascendency, the likes of ozil and draxler would not be looking at them if they were not in the CL

GB says we need a new stadium and a DOF who will work with the 1st team coach to move forward. I say we need a new mentality - from the manager, the chairman and the fans

Whilst I agree that we are in the position we are in for not securing Champions League, I don't agree that we are in this position for not toppling Arsenal. A lot of people on here are right when they say we shouldn't think about Arsenal. Why would we? We are Tottenham. They are our rivals, right. But that doesn't mean we should think about them. The only time I think about them is when we play them and I want us to win, that's it. Rest of the season, **** them, who cares.

Mentality comes through winning things. We have been perennial bottlers for years. I have no doubt if Arsenal finished 5th they'd still be right back up there the following season regardless of Champions League. They have a philosophy and it shows. Wenger's second string could probably get far enough in the Europa League for him to care about it.

We will NEVER be bigger than Arsenal until we've gone through a period of winning things every year and they haven't and are constantly finishing above them. Even if we had finished above them 2 years ago when we were 10 points clear or whatever it was or last year when we were 8 points clear, it still wouldnt have made us bigger or better. It would have been fun and we would have had immense bragging rights, but they are capable of runs like they had last year and they are having this year and we quite frankly, aren't.

You are right about the "mentality" though, Although I feel a philosophy would be more important.

So we should be 6th? Well why did we sack Jol? A manager who truly loved working for us, had a genuine connection with the club and was getting us 5th consistently.
Read my post above - a new mentality is needed. Stop thinking like a loser.

well under Jol we never had City to contend with so we were the 5th in those years.

and besides you have totally missed the point of what i was saying

football is a money game - if you pay the most money you rightly expect to be the best - if you don't pay the most money you have to come up with another way of making it to the top : punch above your weight in other words. no reason why we can't do that - we have done it in the past and probably had the 2nd/3rd best team in the league in Redknapps final season, so there's no reason not to aim that high again

-We are to blame for arsenal's recent ascendency, the likes of ozil and draxler would not be looking at them if they were not in the CL

GB says we need a new stadium and a DOF who will work with the 1st team coach to move forward. I say we need a new mentality - from the manager, the chairman and the fans-

Perfect post! Exactly the point. Why are we letting other teams strengthen. Thers no reason why we should be happy with 6th when the opportunity is there to go beyond these teams. If it doesnt happen now it may never happen, football isnt like championship manager where you can re start the game - now is the time to buy more players. We havnt spent any money considering the bale sale so cash is not an excuse.

why are arsenal light years ahead? our back 4 and keeper is better player for player and so is our strikers. we should be siezing the opportunity and show ambition/smarts. weve signed many big players before under the noses of bigger teams before. gascoigne, bale, modric to name a few.

why are we letting david "no clue" moyes buy shaw when we NEED a left back.

if the excuse is finance - we have the cash
if the excuse is were not as big then if we sit back and do nothing we will eventually be even smaller. utd are more in trouble now than they have ever been. its now or never

there is no excuse

Whilst I agree that we are in the position we are in for not securing Champions League, I don't agree that we are in this position for not toppling Arsenal. A lot of people on here are right when they say we shouldn't think about Arsenal. Why would we? We are Tottenham. They are our rivals, right. But that doesn't mean we should think about them. The only time I think about them is when we play them and I want us to win, that's it. Rest of the season, **** them, who cares.

Mentality comes through winning things. We have been perennial bottlers for years. I have no doubt if Arsenal finished 5th they'd still be right back up there the following season regardless of Champions League. They have a philosophy and it shows. Wenger's second string could probably get far enough in the Europa League for him to care about it.

We will NEVER be bigger than Arsenal until we've gone through a period of winning things every year and they haven't and are constantly finishing above them. Even if we had finished above them 2 years ago when we were 10 points clear or whatever it was or last year when we were 8 points clear, it still wouldnt have made us bigger or better. It would have been fun and we would have had immense bragging rights, but they are capable of runs like they had last year and they are having this year and we quite frankly, aren't.

You are right about the "mentality" though, Although I feel a philosophy would be more important.

You're right, winning breeds a mentality and what can be better than putting one over your oldest rivals. Wenger has used the CL qualifications the last two seasons to instil belief in his team. In the past he had league titles etc. Had he not had CL I truly believe it would have been the end for him at arsenal.

On Jan 4th it looked to me like every single person affiliated with arsenal from player to fan was tuned in to beat us. Literally salivating to get one over us and we by contrast were the very opposite hence the performance.

You don't think about arsenal? fair enough but are you from these parts? I'll be interested to know if you don't mind me asking.

We are miles behind Arsenal, Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project so we really shouldn't be comparing ourselves to those.

Liverpool haven't strengthened in the window yet so that is a positive. Mata to Man Utd is obviously huge for them and I have no doubt he will perform but I feel we have given ourselves a good platform to finish above them, our injured players coming back will feel like new signings and we are already 6 points clear of them at the moment. It'll be exciting though.

We're not miles behind Arsenal (yet). I think we've got a better squad than them. They just have Wenger.

Weve only been outside of the top 5 twice in the last 7 years

But that's mainly before City's rise, and also includes the stage where Liverpool went a bit self-destructive for a few years.

Our natural position is 6th until we adopt (or more importantly stick to) a proper long-termist strategy.

well under Jol we never had City to contend with so we were the 5th in those years.

and besides you have totally missed the point of what i was saying

football is a money game - if you pay the most money you rightly expect to be the best - if you don't pay the most money you have to come up with another way of making it to the top : punch above your weight in other words. no reason why we can't do that - we have done it in the past and probably had the 2nd/3rd best team in the league in Redknapps final season, so there's no reason not to aim that high again

We just spent 120 million in the summer!

Back