• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mark Duggan

Have the LAPD got jurisdiction over here now or something?

This case has been examined by a jury, presumably not made up of coppers, and they've decided it wasn't unlawful? Is that really a cover up?

You seem to doubt that the gun found was related to Duggan in any way Steff
?

I just don't know mate. Obviously to dismiss that would be ludicrous, but I must admit I have found myself increasingly bound by DNA evidence in these sorts of things, and as such, when there was no DNA linking him to the gun, it made me wonder. Unless he had a 'plant' (no pun) in the bushes waiting to wipe his prints off as the gun was thrown from the car, in which case I'd say he is a logistical genius who should've been 'turned' for the state and future use in the field!!!!

I've always thought of the jury system as theatre to be honest; being judged by one's peers is very often a case of who's been able to afford the best actor to lead the audience in a pre-suggested direction IMV…

p.s. fair play re: LAPD, I posted because I think they're the gold standard for abuse of power in the force and I hope it doesn't get like that in the UK any more than it already is.

I thought the question on the lack of DNA on the gun, or the sock it was wrapped in, was more that he couldn't have been pointing the gun at the guy who shot him - which I don't think anyone thinks wasn't the case - rather than it could never have been in his possession at all? I could be wrong there though.

Trial by jury isn't perfect no, some recent examples of some right thickos making a horlicks of it, but in this instance I would think trial by judge, or panel of, would also be open to accusations of establishment cover up? Probably more so in fact.

I thought the question on the lack of DNA on the gun, or the sock it was wrapped in, was more that he couldn't have been pointing the gun at the guy who shot him - which I don't think anyone thinks wasn't the case - rather than it could never have been in his possession at all? I could be wrong there though.

Trial by jury isn't perfect no, some recent examples of some right thickos making a horlicks of it, but in this instance I would think trial by judge, or panel of, would also be open to accusations of establishment cover up? Probably more so in fact.

That's the thing, it's just messy, the whole situation...

That's the thing, it's just messy, the whole situation...

No it's not. I'm trusting enough of the police on the whole, the legal system on the whole to say its job done. I don't think there's a conspiracy theory at play.

Whether or not DNA is proven to have been on the gun is all well and good but there's enough here to convince me a) he had a gun and b) he didn't have it legally.

Doesn't justify killing him but that's not the question. More than justifies a policeman using lethal force if they perceive it necessary. He did, that's that. Duggan only has himself to blame for getting himself into that situation. That bit is clear enough to me.

Any criminal worth their salt, dealing with an item like a gun understands DNA and how to get around it. A family friend of the Duggan's openly spoke out saying he thought Duggan would not toss a/the gun because he would have had it 'socked' to protect him from DNA and powder residue and would have simply discarded it down the taxi seat if he had been stopped. He said it was standard practice and he was an ex gang member from the same manor. Precisely the reason that taxis are used as they are public vehicles and proof of ownership of a weapon or stash can't be attributed to the person if they have taken the correct precautions using public transport. Bit harder to explain a gun in your own motor. It's why most burglars wear gloves ;) I don't know the case inside out but I'd mainly be interested in the intel relating to Duggan, the gun pick-up and whether the meetings and planning that led to the incident were recorded. We've all heard of evidence being planted, tampered with but to get a few cars together, armed police etc requires planning which would be very damning if it didn't exist.

I was reading some interesting stuff how Duggan was linked to the Yardie Hitman Carl "the dread" Robinson and Robinson himself was the contracted to hit 3 cops related to the Hunt Cartel (Essex Gangsters)

I would not be shocked if it was all linked to why he was popped off.

Back