• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

Surely a good sign that he's developing well?

Maybe, player development isn't an exact science though, what might work for one might not work for another. Winks has come on massively under Poch but then Onomah has spent the past two years with the first team and I wouldn't say he's progressed particularly. Edwards hasn't played much U23 football, maybe it would benefit him to get a few more games at that level or maybe he'll get more out of an extra training session with the seniors, I don't think we can really conclude anything from it other than that Poch rates him, which is obviously a good sign.

Maybe, player development isn't an exact science though, what might work for one might not work for another. Winks has come on massively under Poch but then Onomah has spent the past two years with the first team and I wouldn't say he's progressed particularly. Edwards hasn't played much U23 football, maybe it would benefit him to get a few more games at that level or maybe he'll get more out of an extra training session with the seniors, I don't think we can really conclude anything from it other than that Poch rates him, which is obviously a good sign.

He obviously has the talent. Pochettino rates him as you say. He's progressing through the ranks quickly. What more do you need to say that he's progressing well?

As for Onomah we'll have to wait and see I think. The step up to a PL club at our level is a big one. For me you have to reach a certain threshold, but once you do reach that things can accelerate quickly. Kane didn't look like he would take that step until he suddenly did. Did Winks look ready to step up a year ago? Did Bentaleb before his sudden impact? Did Mason while at loan at Swindon? Onomah hasn't stepped up yet, but that doesn't mean he hasn't progressed.

So is Edward back to full training? I thought he was going to be out all season, by the time he got back to fitness. reason why we haven't seen him around.

I think it's just unfortunate for the lad that he got injured at a time when he likely would've got time in the cups.

For the 1st team? He came off the bench in the League Cup at home to Gillingham:

He got injured shortly after that though and didn't return to training until the end of Jan, he hasn't been involved in any other match day squad.

Must be frustrating for him. He had a taste and now probably has to wait for preseason for more opportunities. But at least he might start next season training as a potential first team player.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Assuming we are able to guarantee second place on Sunday I would love to see this kid make an cameo in at least one of our last two matches of the season

As much as everyone else I want to see our young players get a chance, but I respect the manager is the one to know when it will be the right time, I feel there is already too much expected of Edwards and hope that if his chance does come it does not damage him.

As much as everyone else I want to see our young players get a chance, but I respect the manager is the one to know when it will be the right time, I feel there is already too much expected of Edwards and hope that if his chance does come it does not damage him.

I don't think Poch is the sort to rush someone in if their not ready. However, I think he is a firm advocate of the expression "I they're good enough, they're old enough"

I saw him play last Thurs in my last trip to WHL and my impression is that whilst he has power and of course lots of skill he isn't very big.Of course there is time for him to bulk up but I fear he might be the type of player that gets injured a lot because of the way he plays and his physique.He was clearly the best player on the pitch but Leicester were physically bigger and ran home easy winners 4-1 (a penalty won and taken by Edwards).

I saw him play last Thurs in my last trip to WHL and my impression is that whilst he has power and of course lots of skill he isn't very big.Of course there is time for him to bulk up but I fear he might be the type of player that gets injured a lot because of the way he plays and his physique.He was clearly the best player on the pitch but Leicester were physically bigger and ran home easy winners 4-1 (a penalty won and taken by Edwards).

Interestingly according to official figures even though he may look smaller he is actually taller than Eden Hazard, Pedro and Kante of Chelsea as well Modric, Lennon and Messi.

Fortunately the kid is just 18 and there is time for him to develop. Just look at Harry Kane's physique now compared to when he was just 18. The kid just needs to put on some muscle and there is time for that.

Back