• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

Just seen the below on TFC

CheekyPint
Some interesting inside knowledge about Edwards if anyone is interested.

My mate is one of the physio's at Brentford. Edwards has been with them the last few days training.

My friend said everything that we have already heard about him. My friend had no knowledge of Edwards before last week.

He said is attitude is terrible. He struts around with his shorts down his arse and looks completely disinterested.

My friend spent some time giving him some treatment on an existing injury and he told him that he enjoyed his time living in Rotterdam and playing on Holland. He is rather quite but this comes across as arrogance.

Edwards wasn't really too keen to do much work. The Brentford fitness test broke Edwards and he chose not to continue.

As we have heard before, the coaching staff can see he has the potential to be an excellent player but are worried how is attitude will effect the squad. Brentford sent Edwards back but my friend is unsure if he will be back.

Just thought I'd share that. Better than all the itk transfer gonad*s I suppose.

Pretty much what happened at Norwich, i have worked with a couple of the coaches at Norwich and they told me at the time that he came in as a "Billy big gonad*s" I did post that on here at the time and some have tried to defend him and say it was not that way, now we have a second report of him doing the same elsewhere.

I wish i had a pound for every young player who had all the ability but not the right attitude to make the most of it. If you ask any youth coach they will tell you the same.

I don't know why anybody believes posts like this or any ITK in general. Maybe there's a chance this is one of the extremely rare pieces of ITK that is true, but it really feels like 9/10 of these are just some 13 year-old with a laptop.

And, again, why would someone like Edwards who is on the last year of his deal and was basically appreciated by everyone at Excelsior behave like this? Just feels like weird fan-fiction with absolutely 0 substantiation.

Too many of these kids have far greater talents than most of their "mates" and are surrounded by people who tell them how great they are and they shouldn't be "disrespected" by clubs, coaches and anyone else. It's really hard for youngsters if they haven't got someone who is not looking after them rather than looking what they can get out of there relationship. Luckily I was brick as a player and had plenty of people about me to tell me and keep my feet on the floor.

I don't know why anybody believes posts like this or any ITK in general. Maybe there's a chance this is one of the extremely rare pieces of ITK that is true, but it really feels like 9/10 of these are just some 13 year-old with a laptop.

And, again, why would someone like Edwards who is on the last year of his deal and was basically appreciated by everyone at Excelsior behave like this? Just feels like weird fan-fiction with absolutely 0 substantiation.

True... but his absence from pre-season squad and paying 10 mill for a player in his very same position speaks mountains....

Well I had a mate who worked at our training ground who said exactly the same.

Too many of these kids have far greater talents than most of their "mates" and are surrounded by people who tell them how great they are and they shouldn't be "disrespected" by clubs, coaches and anyone else. It's really hard for youngsters if they haven't got someone who is not looking after them rather than looking what they can get out of there relationship. Luckily I was brick as a player and had plenty of people about me to tell me and keep my feet on the floor.

The thing is, with Poch at the helm, I dont see any excuses for this.

He demands hard work and humility, and rewards them.

If Edwards had any sense he would have got his head down, done the graft - and probably broken into the team by now. The talent is there, as is the guidance and opportunity.

And yet he hasnt.

Speaks volumes, IMO, to the player having a shocking attitude and thats it.

This is a player who has zero playing time for Spurs and had his loan term at Norwich cancelled after one game for "personal reasons" (could easily be read as "Pretty much what happened at Norwich, I have worked with a couple of the coaches at Norwich and they told me at the time that he came in as a "Billy big gonad*s" I did post that on here at the time and some have tried to defend him and say it was not that way, now we have a second report of him doing the same elsewhere.")

Well I had a mate who worked at our training ground who said exactly the same.

It makes more sense if you personally know someone who has had interactions with him, as you do w/ Edwards, but for the rest of us, believing unsubstantiated internet rumours from shadowy sources just seems like an easy way to believe a bunch of misinformation.

Marcus Edwards trains with Brentford after missing out on pre-season tour
Add Edwards to the “outgoing” list

By Sean Cahill@seancahill24 Jul 17, 2019, 2:19pm BST

Now that the pre-season squad has been released, the picture is clearing up for Tottenham’s players who were left behind.

Marcus Edwards, who was once the top rated prospect in the Tottenham Hotspur academy, looks to be nearing the exit. The 20-year-old just returned from Dutch side SBV Excelsior, and reports are that he did quite well. The stats back it up, even though the club ended up being relegated to the second division. Alasdair Gold has the story on Edwards, stating that the midfielder is training at Brentford in what looks to be a bid to earn his exit.

Edwards has loads of talent, but the question has been his work ethic and attitude. Matt Law of the Telegraph wrote about these issues back in 2018, going so far as to say he was never on time for training sessions during his loan spell at Norwich City. To Edwards’ credit, he seemed to turn that around at Excelsior, with his teammates praising him, including Jeffry Fortes:

“He is of a bizarre level, what he can do is really not normal, I have not experienced a better player in my career, and Mauricio Pochettino did not make that comparison with Messi for nothing.

”He is for many the hired player of Tottenham Hotspur, not Marcus Edwards, and of course it is also incredible that he is walking around here, let’s face it.”

While it looks like Edwards has righted the ship, it may be too late to salvage any career prospects in north London. Brentford, who finished 11th in the Championship last season, could definitely use a player in the attacking band like Edwards. 22-year-old Neal Maupay scored 25 goals for the club last season, while 23-year-old midfielders Ollie Watkins and Said Benrahma combined for 20 goals and 20 assists. Getting Edwards into that rotation could bolster their attack and push for promotion next season.

There’s no word on whether this would be a loan or permanent move, but given that Edwards has just one year left on his current deal, logic says that it’ll be a sale. If Edwards has put his immaturity issues behind him, the talent is there and Spurs should be able to get a nice fee for him, but don’t expect anything mind-blowing.

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnati...otspur-transfer-news-marcus-edwards-brentford

Not sure how reliable this blog is but sad if this is true -

Marcus Edwards fell out with Pochettino
THBlogNews 23 hrs ago Marcus Edwards

Marcus Edwards had a bust-up with Mauricio Pochettino

Those of you who were hoping Marcus Edwards would get his chance at Spurs will be disappointed, as I revealed 5 days ago, that he isn't training with Spurs and is seeking a move.
The plan was to give him an opportunity on the pre-season tour to show what he can do and show the right attitude.
I have talked before that he has the wrong attitude, that he feels entitled and if you remember the interview he gave, he didn't take total responsibility for his situation but blamed others.
That suggested to me, again as I wrote at the time that he had not sorted out his mentality yet and so it has proved. He has had his meeting with Pochettino and, let's just say it didn't go well.
The result was Edwards being disciplined, not being able to train with the first team and looking for another club. That club is either Brentford or Ipswich at the moment. As you probably know now, he is training with Brentford in an effort to secure a deal, although he isn't going on their pre-season tour.
Pochettino does not have disruptive influences on the training ground, any such individual is removed quickly and shipped out the club.

My guess and this is just a guess, is that Poch asked him to show him he is worth a place on the training field and that Edwards still feels he is entitled and talented so doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.

Many of our fans believe a player must play to show what he can do, but a coach sees players every day and you are employed to train. He has to prove on the training pitch that you are worth a place in the team and when you do get picked, it is up to you to then show why you shouldn't be dropped.

It seems to me that Mr Attitude isn't prepared to do that and isn't prepared to wait for a chance. He still has a lot of growing up and maturing to do.

https://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.com/2019/07/marcus-edwards-fell-out-with-pochettino.html?m=1

Did you hear Poch's interview afterwards? When asked about all the kids and academy prospects that played, Poch spoke about those kids that want to learn will develop and get opportunities, and those that don't..........

[Brentford]

Did you hear Poch's interview afterwards? When asked about all the kids and academy prospects that played, Poch spoke about those kids that want to learn will develop and get opportunities, and those that don't..........

Edwards should take a long look at Skipp, I've seen both from an early age and although he has far more talent than Skipp he has never been able to show the same commitment to the team and adapt his game to the teams needs. Both have faith in their own ability but Skipp appears to be prepare to prove it on the pitch rather than in his mind.]

Ledley on Troy Parrott:

"Troy is an exciting prospect at the moment and I think what we like about him is his work ethic. He's one of those players who rolls up his sleeves and puts in a shift for the team, regardless of how well he's playing. He's always putting in that work rate."

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/ledley-king-explains-how-troy-16634814

And there, in a dozen simple words, is the reason why Edwards - who probably has more innate footballing skill - is languishing at Brentford whereas the Irish lad is looking forward to facing Manchester United in China....

According to a report on Football London, Tottenham Hotspur’s Marcus Edwards is not part of Mauricio Pochettino’s plans any more and could move abroad before the end of the summer transfer window.

Edwards was allowed to leave Spurs to go on a trial with Brentford over the summer, but the Bees decided against signing the youngster.

Edwards has since returned to Tottenham, but it is not thought that the 20-year-old will be offered another chance at White Hart Lane.

Football London now suggest that Edwards could well leave Spurs before the end of the month.

Edwards went to Excelsior on loan last term so he is no stranger to playing abroad, and he may have to leave England to kick start his career again.

It is claimed that Germany or Holland is Edwards most likely destination, if he does depart Spurs.

If Edwards does leave Tottenham it could be seen as a disappointment, as it seems that he hasn’t fulfilled his potential.

As a teenager Edwards was considered to be one of the brightest prospects in Tottenham’s academy, but he has failed to make any impact at first-team level.

It now seems best for both Edwards and Spurs that he does move on, as the attacker needs to start getting regular game time.

I think it says a lot more about the player than the club/manager when there is so much talent to tap into but no progress into the team.

Back