• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

I may be getting carried away but I would love to see this kid filling one of the sub's benches. On Saturday we had Carroll, Mason and Onomah who seem to me to be peas of a pod in terms of their possible impact.

We had no X-factor against Palace; he may be 17 but he is the closest to that in our squad.

PS: Scored two goals for the U-23 this weekend...

I may be getting carried away but I would love to see this kid filling one of the sub's benches. On Saturday we had Carroll, Mason and Onomah who seem to me to be peas of a pod in terms of their possible impact.

We had no X-factor against Palace; he may be 17 but he is the closest to that in our squad.

Doubt he'll get any real chance before the League cup. A few weeks off yet.

But yeah. In Poch we trust.:cool:

You were right in your opening few words

Haha. And we should be mindful as players depart, we have talents like Edwards who need space in the squad to get game time. Agree @Maltese Falcon I think Edwards could come on against a tiring defence and run them ragged.

Last edited:
http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co....nham-hotspur/story-29698827-detail/story.html

Mauricio Pochettino has confirmed that wonderkid Marcus Edwards will begin training regularly with the Spurs first team in the coming weeks.

Edwards is the name on a lot of Tottenham Hotspur fans' lips at the moment as his reputation continues to grow in the club's development side where he has been hitting the goals in the Premier League 2.

The 17-year-old attacker is receiving similar attention from the Lilywhites' fans and some sections of the media as Wayne Rooney did when he was coming through the ranks in the Everton youth set-up, although he broke through earlier into the first team at 16.

Edwards is expected to made his debut against Gillingham at White Hart Lane in the EFL Cup later this month. He made a big impression for the Spurs' first team during their pre-season tour in Melbourne, Australia this summer with appearances from the bench against European giants Juventus and Atletico Madrid and then appeared again against Inter Milan in Oslo in the club's final friendly.

He returned to the development side at the beginning of the season after earning praise from Pochettino, who added that the youngster needed looking after to help him fulfil his potential.

The Argentine has always been a believer in giving youth its chance as a manager at Espanyol, Southampton and now Spurs. Tottenham had the youngest average age of any team in the Premier League last season and have continued that trend this season.

Now Pochettino has confirmed that Edwards could be set to begin training with the first team regularly at Hotspur Way after brief stints with them in recent months as well, with young full-back Kyle Walker-Peters having already being training with the side.

When asked what the likes of Josh Onomah and Harry Winks have to do to break into his starting XI at Tottenham, he replied: "For me it is all about performance. If they show me in the training that that they are better than another player, then it is not a problem.

"You know that I don't have a problem to play them. I am sure that they will have possibilities to play this season.

"We've added another young player to train with us in Kyle Walker-Peters and we'll see about maybe Marcus Edwards coming to start to train regularly with us."

If this kid maintains some patience and has a half decent attitude, he will be huge. He's technically better by light years to any of the youngers who have come through recently

Only concern is if he has the right attitude - only time will tell that. That said he needs to take some lessons from Aaron Lennon.

Only concern is if he has the right attitude - only time will tell that. That said he needs to take some lessons from Aaron Lennon.

That's my concern. Unless we get brick loads of injuries, he's not going to get much game time this year given we have 6 senior players for those positions behind the CF (Lamela, Eriksen, Alli, Son, Sissoko, Nkoudou) and the him and Onomah

I loved the fact that to begin with Edwards played quick, short, accurate passes. Shame he didn't bag a goal.

Back