• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

This feels kind of right. He's pretty much failed every test, despite his obvious natural ability. Time to clear the path for Shashoua I guess

That would be about the size of it.

The team is that good its hard to break through.

The Academy is that good theres always talent coming up behind you.

If you dont get in, youll end up moving on.

I expect to see more of this, sadly.

Onomah also in a similar position IMO.

I also expect a fair few sales to be done with sell on % and buy back clauses as well.

Real shame that it hasn't worked out for whatever reason He's definitely got some talent.

That season when he was playing with the first team and got injured... We got to see him come on in the cup game and twist a few players.

Shame he doesn't excite MP enough to get a crack at pre-season.

Shame he doesn't excite MP enough to get a crack at pre-season.

I think we have all seen enough of Poch and how he operates to know Edwards being "exciting" is not a measure by which he will make the team.

His talent is obvious and not in doubt.

I imagine Poch will have been looking for more from him than that though, committment, work ethic, progress/development.

If Edwards is going, and isnt making the team, it will be because of failings in these areas.

And, IMO, that is entirely correct.

The only "shame" here is Edwards not putting in the required work.

I think we have all seen enough of Poch and how he operates to know Edwards being "exciting" is not a measure by which he will make the team.

I imagine Poch will have been looking for more from him than that though, committment, work ethic, progress/development.

If Edwards is going, and isnt making the team, it will be because of failings in these areas.

Conjecture. If Edwards was truly Messiesque do you think we'd let him go?

If he was truly Messiesque he would have done what was required to make the team.

Poch is consistent, we know what he wants. AND we KNOW he is not afraid of giving youth a chance.

We also know Edwards couldnt even turn up to training on time at Norwich, or do what Farke asked of him to make the team - coming home early when it was clear he wasnt going to work out.

I think this is recognition that, actually, he isnt Messiesque at all. More Ravel Morrison than Lionel Messi at this point (now THATS conjecture).

If he is leaving, its on HIM. As I said - the "shame" is his lack of progress/effort/professionalism - whatever it is that stopped him doing what Poch wanted.

Last edited:
Shame. Mostly because i hate to see this kinda talent move elsewhere and annoyingly end up becoming a success.

When has that actually ever happened though?

Even the ones I was worried about - Bentaleb, Yahaya, Veljkovic - haven't really happened. At best they seem to end up Adam Smith, Charlie Daniels, Ryan Fredericks or Nathaniel Clyne level (4 former academy FBs playing in the EPL!). Actually Yuri Berchiche at PSG (another FB) is probably 'the one that got away'

Absolutely this.

At 19 he at least needs to be on the bench.Apart from anything else he doesn't look like he has the physique to compete week in week out in the PL..

Thats actually something Im less worried about now. Stamina pace and agility are more important than strength these days.

A player like Edwards would be a foul magnet, given the game is bordering on non contact.

The wording of the story does sound a bit odd e.g. he will "try to leave" in the summer. It doesn't sound like something that's been mutually agreed (as yet), more like he is trying to either force a move away, or force Poch's hand. Neither of which would reflect well.
Maybe we will want to loan him out for one more season rather than let him go just yet. It will then be up to him to prove he can play to first team level (be it PL or Championship)as he appears to believe he should have the chance of doing. Of course he had that chance last season but for whatever reason it didn't work out (we can draw conclusions but no one knows for sure what happened at Norwich).

Wouldn't be disappointed if Dan Kilpatrick had time called on his days as a Spurs 'correspondent'. Running that Islington locator in his Tweets hardly inspires confidence.

Hard to find someone who more quickly opts for the negative in covering Spurs. He doesn't have to be a cheerleader, but a balanced perspective would be nice. This guy is a borderline WUM with his preferred tone. Doesn't balance his sour drabness with anything positive about the club, the stadium, the whole upward trend Spurs are on. On the whole, ESPN are dreadful in their Spurs coverage.

At least when I last looked and that was a while back - after they were tub-thumping Poch's imminent departure.

Wouldn't be disappointed if Dan Kilpatrick had time called on his days as a Spurs 'correspondent'. Running that Islington locator in his Tweets hardly inspires confidence.

Hard to find someone who more quickly opts for the negative in covering Spurs. He doesn't have to be a cheerleader, but a balanced perspective would be nice. This guy is a borderline WUM with his preferred tone. Doesn't balance his sour drabness with anything positive about the club, the stadium, the whole upward trend Spurs are on. On the whole, ESPN are dreadful in their Spurs coverage.

At least when I last looked and that was a while back - after they were tub-thumping Poch's imminent departure.

He works for the Evening Standard now, not ESPN.

Back