• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcelo Bielsa's Clean Leeds

Let's see what happens. I see some saying Bielsa is a poor manager. I laugh. We don't know his constraints.

He’s not a poor manager, but he’s overrated and nowhere near being one of the top coaches in the game as he is often described as. He’d barely scratch the top 10.

Let's see what happens. I see some saying Bielsa is a poor manager. I laugh. We don't know his constraints.

He’s constrained himself, we are a one trick pony that can’t defend crosses, if you sit deep, work the channels and load the box, you’ll probably beat us.

He couldn’t have made it easier for us yesterday.

That’s the decision making that has got him the sack.

He’s not a poor manager, but he’s overrated and nowhere near being one of the top coaches in the game as he is often described as. He’d barely scratch the top 10.

My thoughts as well, said on here before i have never got the hype that seems to surround him from the press and fans.

My thoughts as well, said on here before i have never got the hype that seems to surround him from the press and fans.

People love a tactical genius. A professor of the game. Because they think if they can appreciate them it makes them intellectually superior to other supporters. When at the end of the day it's about putting a ball in a net.

Some of the best football i've seen us play was under redknapp. But he was working class and talked with a roosterney accent so some fans didn't like him. They wanted martin oneil cause he wore glasses and came across as intelligent.

People love a tactical genius. A professor of the game. Because they think if they can appreciate them it makes them intellectually superior to other supporters. When at the end of the day it's about putting a ball in a net.

Some of the best football i've seen us play was under redknapp. But he was working class and talked with a roosterney accent so some fans didn't like him. They wanted martin oneil cause he wore glasses and came across as intelligent.

You are spot on with the bolded bit, you only have to look on here and other forums to see how many fans are experts at telling us all how the games should be played and how they would win them.:)

You can only be a top manager if you're foreign or played for a big club, as media are in love with both, Sean Dyce performs miracles with Burnley people like Chris Wilder get ignored.

So so true.

Not for top of the league clubs.
But a top manager for clubs needing to punch above their weight
Like Poch he overstayed his welcome. I guess the romantic idea that moneyball and hard work can beat the odds is appealing to many.

I've never liked the high press or geggenpresa myself. Not so much intelligence though it works.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

That doesn't make him a top manager. Poch (and Pep) has taken the bits that work and made changes to those that don't work.

Really he is not a top manager? Interesting. I wonder if you would be able to argue this point in front of Pep and Poch. He took a bunch of players who nobody wanted or saw value in and brought them to the PL. Would Pep take on such a challenge? Bielsa is eccentric and definitely not perfect. It is people's choice how they regard him. I will be surprised to find any top level football manager who doesn't respect or acknowledge how good he is.

Kalvin's gone completely of the rails since Marcelo went :oops:

FPbLZ5EX0A8gFpD

Back