• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Managers

Is it possible to have a thread for managers?

PSG are looking for an interim manager as Wenger will take over next summer when his contract runs out. Thats what Lequipe and Radio Monte Carlo say. Leonardo himself could be that interim manager

Napoli have tried for Villas Boas and other managers. But they are set to appoint Benitez. They have given that list themselves.

Is it possible to have a thread for managers?

PSG are looking for an interim manager as Wenger will take over next summer when his contract runs out. Thats what Lequipe and Radio Monte Carlo say. Leonardo himself could be that interim manager

Napoli have tried for Villas Boas and other managers. But they are set to appoint Benitez. They have given that list themselves.

why would WEnger go to PSG??? they represent everything he detests about modern football.

I see him stepping down within the next couple of years, but after that i reckon he'll hang around the Arse in a board/director position like Fergie is doing at Utd

why would WEnger go to PSG??? they represent everything he detests about modern football.

I see him stepping down within the next couple of years, but after that i reckon he'll hang around the Arse in a board/director position like Fergie is doing at Utd

Exactly but the talks are serious. Even that d***head Pires said it yesterday. Check his interview. Said Wenger will run down his contract, he is like that, but next year a good chance he'll go to Paris.

Because they would give him a brickload of cash.

Wenger seems quite happy at Arsenal. No pressure as he only needs to finish 4th and he gets paid well too.

At PSG he'd have to win everything.

Wenger seems quite happy at Arsenal. No pressure as he only needs to finish 4th and he gets paid well too.

At PSG he'd have to win everything.

He could see it as an opportunity to prove to the world that he has still got it. He'd also be given a much better chance of winning the CL, the only major trophy to have eluded him at Arsenal. He'd probably double his own wages and be given plenty of resources to add to an already world class team. I'd say it's a distinct possibility.

Wenger will be at Arsenal until he retires (Where he'd probably stat behind the scenes like Fergie) and have a say on the future manager.

Really? He was quite happy to spend when he joined Arsenal.

what 700k on Anelka? 3.5 mill on Viera? 2.5 mill on Petit, Overmaars 5 mill.....yeah, a really big spender

Or you could say 11m on henry, 10m on pires, 7 on bergkamp, 15m on Reyes etc plus loads more. Granted they aren't huge amounts but this was around 10 years ago.

Or you could say 11m on henry, 10m on pires, 7 on bergkamp, 15m on Reyes etc plus loads more. Granted they aren't huge amounts but this was around 10 years ago.

he didnt sign Bergkamp, that was Rioch

anyway Milo said signings when Wenger joined Arse, not 2 or 3 years later

still its crazy to suggest Wenger is or was a big spender. Even back then we were spending the same on player transfer fees than they were. 11 mill for Henry or 11 mill for Rebrov :-k

still its crazy to suggest Wenger is or was a big spender. Even back then we were spending the same on player transfer fees than they were. 11 mill for Henry or 11 mill for Rebrov :-k

Never thought about that, makes me want to cry....

Oh well... £5M (initially) for Bale or £5M for Walcott?

The beep reporting that Mark Hughes is the leading contender to take over from Pulis :lol:

If that happens I will definitely put a bet on Stoke getting relegated next season

The beep reporting that Mark Hughes is the leading contender to take over from Pulis :lol:

If that happens I will definitely put a bet on Stoke getting relegated next season

I don't agree. Hughes is a poor buyer of top players (and bottom players) that is for sure. But is he a bad manager of players? I think he could be a Jol type of mid table manager.

Hughes seemed a talented manager in his early days, did okey with Wales and very well with Blackburn considering their situation.
Showed he could form a solid side with limited resources. Think he's lost his way though, due to his big ego and not at least after having too much money on his hands at City.
Not to mention that he's signed a deal with an agent devil and is forced to send the money his club has into the pockets of his agency - not signing his own players anymore.
That's the main reason why I'd never hire him at a club I ran myself.

Latest from the papers are Pellegrini to City and Mourinho to Chelsea, both to start their jobs first week of June. Pellegrini must average one trophy a season and show improvement, especially in the CL.

Back