• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

as in - when we last changed managers........

I think some folk are getting carried away with our run of form, it hardly elevates us into the position of having the worlds finest managers dropping their drawers to sign up

Agree there mick, people also talking like were going to win the cup just by turning up. We have a long way to go before we can be part of the top 4 on a regular basis and an expensive stadium to pay for in the mean time. You would think some people had never watched spurs and seen the absolute massive fudge ups we have done over the years.

I still do not know why people think we are favourite against arsenal at the weekend, they are going to come on strong at us.

I think Poyet will get the Wolves job and Curbishley will get Brighton job

Poyet would take them straight down for sure, he really has been off this season and the league position is masking some very bad errors on his part. I like poyet but he has a long way to go before he is ready for the premership.

Poyet would take them straight down for sure, he really has been off this season and the league position is masking some very bad errors on his part. I like poyet but he has a long way to go before he is ready for the premership.

Agreed. Wolves based their successful previous relegation dogfights on solid, no-nonsense defending and a miserly approach to attacking. Poyet is the exact opposite at this moment in time; an almost suicidally attacking manager whose defensive coaching leaves a tremendous amount to be desired. I'd never write someone off, but I think he has a low chance of succeeding at Wolves. Better to stay at Brighton for a few years, honing his skills in a supportive environment, or maybe becoming an assistant manager again to a top manager, and learning the ropes that way.

Wolves looking at other names as well. Brian McDermott has been in talks. Curbishley turned them down.

Terry Connor (Wolves Manager)

Terry Connor named Wolves manager until end of season

Wolves have promoted assistant boss Terry Connor to manager until the end of the season.
The club sacked Mick McCarthy on 13 February in the wake of the previous day's 5-1 home defeat by Black Country rivals West Brom.

Wolves turned to Connor after Walter Smith, Alan Curbishley and Brain McDermott ruled themselves out.
"This is a decisive step which creates certainty. The players are fully behind it," Wolves owner Steve Morgan said.
"Since we made the difficult decision to part company with Mick, we have been through a diligent process of assessing potential candidates.

"Having spoken to a number of people we have drawn that process to a close and myself and the board are unanimous that Terry is the right man to lead the club for the remainder of the season.
"As a club, whether that be staff or supporters, we now all need to unite behind Terry and the players and secure as many points as possible over the next 13 games."

Connor has been at Wolves for 13 years and has served under four different managers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17153404

In my mind they've got of a half decent experienced manager and replaced him with his assistant manager who has never managed a team in his life... Never mind a team in the relegation struggle that wolves are in...

Looks like suicide to me..

Connor has received a glowing recommendation for the role from former Wolves defender and England international Joleon Lescott.
"TC is one of the most influential coaches I have worked with in my career - and that includes everyone I have worked with. I owe him a lot," he said.
"He's a proper football man, and probably one of the most knowledgeable about the game.
"He had a lot of respect from the players at the time when I was there and I am sure that will be the same from the lads who are at Wolves now."

wing and a prayer

wolf-connor.jpg

Who knows though, maybe he'll be their Martin Jol? Stranger things have happened... maybe...

Hi, we've just struck an iceberg, and we are going down with all hands.

There is no help of a rescue ship making it and we were hoping you'd be able to take the helm.

To see if you are suitable, we would like to drink from this poisoned chalice - if you survive, we'd like to offer you the job, as we think it would be excellent for your career.

We're looking for a good decision maker......

Hi, we've just struck an iceberg, and we are going down with all hands.

There is no help of a rescue ship making it and we were hoping you'd be able to take the helm.

To see if you are suitable, we would like to drink from this poisoned chalice - if you survive, we'd like to offer you the job, as we think it would be excellent for your career.

We're looking for a good decision maker......

Are you sure your not in the wrong thread? That sounds pretty much exactly like the England job... :-s

:p

Haha, They royally screwed up havent they? They over-estimated and thought they would get a Martin O'Neill type saviour in to save the day and now they have realised that no one is gagging for the Wolves job (even all the half-decent Championship managers wouldn't touch it) There isn't anyone out there that would want to go to a relegation battle after the window has closed so they can't strengthen etc

What a complete mess... It wasn't even like the players were revolting!

I suppose Chris Hughton was appointed in similar circumstances (i.e. promoted from within to a job no one would touch the job) after Shearer walked away, and he was a revelation.

Don't see anything wrong with appointing the guy who knows the squad better than anyone else. Especially given the options out there.

'Wolves want a manager with plenty of experience to succeed Mick McCarthy, according to chief executive Jez Moxey.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17019094

This.

They have now appointed a manager with 0 experience.

Third of a season left to play. Transfer and loan window closed. You reckon they'd be better with someone like Roy Keane or Steve Bruce at the helm who between them know less than jackbrick about the squad at their disposal?

Back