• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

AFC Bournemouth can announce that the club has parted company with head coach Scott Parker.

Maxim Demin said: “I would like to place on record my gratitude to Scott and his team for their efforts during their time with us. Our promotion back to the Premier League last season under his tenure will always be remembered as one of the most successful seasons in our history.

“However, in order for us to keep progressing as a team and a Club as a whole, it is unconditional that we are aligned in our strategy to run the club sustainably. We must also show belief in and respect for one another. That is the approach that has brought this club so much success in recent history, and one that we will not veer from now. Our search for a new head coach will begin immediately.”

Gary O’Neil will take interim charge of the team, and will be assisted by Shaun Cooper and Tommy

Absolute over reaction of a decision. Bournemouth lost their last 3 against Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal and Liverpool. What did they expect?! The team was hardly equipped for the Premier League. He should have been given longer against non top six opponents to show what he could achieve with the team against more realistic level opponents for ‘bravely battling relegation’.

Absolute over reaction of a decision. Bournemouth lost their last 3 against Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal and Liverpool. What did they expect?! The team was hardly equipped for the Premier League. He should have been given longer against non top six opponents to show what he could achieve with the team against more realistic level opponents for ‘bravely battling relegation’.

From the wording of that statement it doesn't sound like relegation worries them as much as having to spend more money.

Think it was more he was critical of them not buying players. The owners are only worth £3m they can't really take the risk. So there's a clash. Scott should have been more diplomatic and not played it out in the media. If he'd have said we haven't got the resources of other clubs but we are going to give it our best shot, he'd probably still be in a job. Saying we have no chance of staying up doesn't help at all.
He's a good coach though got fulham and Bournemouth promoted. He'll do fine.

Edit - my bad it's brentford owners only worth £3m. Bournemouth is over £100m.

From the wording of that statement it doesn't sound like relegation worries them as much as having to spend more money.

It’s shocking. As a local from the area, I always hope for the best for the club but how can they be expected to succeed if the owners won’t spend to give them a chance. Sometimes I think owners don’t actually care.

Just read the comments from the weekend. He said that the players need help and was in effect saying that the squad isn't good enough and they need to strengthen

Presumably those are comments directed at the owners given the above response from the club about running it sustainably

Parker seems to be a decent manager to me. Might have been better for him to resign this summer when he became aware that they wouldnt spend much and therefore help rpeserve his reputation

Well he wasn’t exactly wrong, was he? And not the first manager to talk about investment required by a Premier League club. If it’s true that the owners only have £3m then maybe they need to realise that perhaps owning a football club isn’t for them. Hopefully new owners can be found soon.

Well he wasn’t exactly wrong, was he? And not the first manager to talk about investment required by a Premier League club. If it’s true that the owners only have £3m then maybe they need to realise that perhaps owning a football club isn’t for them. Hopefully new owners can be found soon.

Edited my post. Brentfords owners are worth £3m. Bournemouth are over £100m (depends which reports you read might be up to £900m).

Deliah smith has owned norwich for a long time. Running a club sustainably is what every club should be doing.

Edited my post. Brentfords owners are worth £3m. Bournemouth are over £100m (depends which reports you read might be up to £900m).

Brentford’s owners have invested in the club with the likes of Hickey and Damsgaard. Bournemouth owners seem happy to watch the club drop like a stone. There’s no way they can believe the current starting line-up is Premier League quality. I feel for Bournemouth.

Brentford’s owners have invested in the club with the likes of Hickey and Damsgaard. Bournemouth owners seem happy to watch the club drop like a stone. There’s no way they can believe the current starting line-up is Premier League quality. I feel for Bournemouth.

Who said they do? How much would it cost to make it pl quality? Forest has just spent £150m, will they stay up? Fulham have spent a fortune over the years, villa £400m, everton £500m. None are guaranteed to stay up.

I was just about to write about Bournemouth. Although I find it strange to sack Parker now, what I was going to write was that the teams he's managed, have all seem to be trying to play nice football, but incredibly naive and a bit lightweight. Parker seems like a nice bloke, but doesn't strike me as someone that sets up the team to try to get points, but rather wants to play his way regardless.
That said, Loosing 9-0 in the premier league is worthy of a sacking, regardless who you play.

Didn't they spend a lot in January to make sure they got promoted? It's weird that they haven't done much this summer.

Back