• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

‘We know where you live’: police investigate banner near Benítez home

Merseyside police are investigating after a banner threatening Rafael Benítez if he joins Everton was left near the former Liverpool manager’s family home.

A banner reading “We know where you live. Don’t sign” was placed close to the home Benítez shares with his wife and two daughters in Wirral – although police said it had been left outside the wrong address if it was aimed at the 61-year-old. Benítez and his family have lived in the area since his time with Liverpool.

Vieira to Palace, I keep reading that he's meant to be some tactical genius but I've seen no evidence of this.

Based on her in game analysis they would be better off giving the job to Emma Hayes.

I don’t say it to be mean, but Benitez doesn’t look particularly well in that photo of him in the scarf on the BBC.

Maybe it’s the lighting or something. Looks v pale.

Vieira to Palace, I keep reading that he's meant to be some tactical genius but I've seen no evidence of this.

Based on her in game analysis they would be better off giving the job to Emma Hayes.

good bet would be either Palace to be relegated or Viera to be first PL manager fired this season.

seen plenty of him in MLS when I was in US, he's a fudging disaster ..

good bet would be either Palace to be relegated or Viera to be first PL manager fired this season.

seen plenty of him in MLS when I was in US, he's a fudging disaster ..
Was hoping he’d get the Arsenal gig after Arteta, think that’s dead in the water now.

Hughton gone, Wilder and Terry linked:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58579227

Nottingham Forest have sacked boss Chris Hughton after they suffered their sixth loss from seven Championship matches this season.

Forest fell to a 2-0 home defeat by Middlesbrough on Wednesday and are bottom of the table with one point.

Hughton, 62, took over at the start of last season when Sabri Lamouchi was sacked after the Reds lost their first four league games.

He guided Forest to safety in 2020-21 and exits with 14 wins from 53 games.

"The club would like to place on record its appreciation for Chris's efforts," a club statement said.

"Chris joined the club in a difficult period for everyone in football and around the world and we thank him for the way he has conducted himself during his tenure."

Hughton is the first manager to be sacked in England's top four divisions this season, with Steven Reid taking over as interim head coach while Forest search for a new boss.

Pressure grew on Hughton after they lost their first four games of the season for a second successive campaign.

However, a battling draw at local rivals Derby in the final fixture before the international break saw him given more time to get things right.

It was not to be for the former Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Brighton boss, though, as they suffered a 2-1 home defeat by Cardiff on Sunday, having led, and were then well beaten by Boro on Wednesday.

Watford have sacked their manager Xisco Munoz after 10 months in the job.

The 41-year-old Spaniard helped win promotion to the Premier League last season after joining in December 2020.

Watford are 14th with seven points from seven games and Munoz's last match in charge was Saturday's 1-0 defeat by Leeds United.

"The board feels recent performances strongly indicate a negative trend at a time when team cohesion should be visibly improving," the club said.

You'd think that Watford would struggle to recruit another manager. Maybe some out of work manager will just fancy a pay check for a few months, before the inevitable happens to him as well.

Delusions of grandeur that club.

You'd think that Watford would struggle to recruit another manager. Maybe some out of work manager will just fancy a pay check for a few months, before the inevitable happens to him as well.

Delusions of grandeur that club.

I would go for Sarr from them, he is an outstanding player.

Watford have sacked their manager Xisco Munoz after 10 months in the job.

The 41-year-old Spaniard helped win promotion to the Premier League last season after joining in December 2020.

Watford are 14th with seven points from seven games and Munoz's last match in charge was Saturday's 1-0 defeat by Leeds United.

"The board feels recent performances strongly indicate a negative trend at a time when team cohesion should be visibly improving," the club said.

Heard this earlier and sort of shrugged my shoulders thinking they were on 2 or 3 points. fudging hell, where do they expect to be? Mad.

Although those in glass houses...

That's 14 sackings in 9 years under their current owners and some think Levy is trigger happy. They could have just kept Dyche for that whole period and they'd be no better or worse off, apart from the boring football he serves up.

Back