• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch 2015/16

Good move for him, Everton are a big club ( far bigger then Southampton) and now they have a owner who has promised funds so we will see if his reputation can lift Everton up the table.

Everton manager Ronald Koeman says he decided the leave Southampton having been issued an ultimatum to sign a new contract.

Koeman said he was expecting to fulfil the final year of his existing deal at St Mary’s, but was told that was not possible by the club’s Head of Football Development Les Reed. Southampton wanted a firmer commitment.

"My first option was to continue at Southampton, to do my last season of contract, but it was not possible," said Koeman.

"They said it's not good because we like to know the future. I said it was not a problem because I signed three times a one-year contract with Feyenoord in Holland.

"I then got a proposal from Southampton and in my opinion, it was not what I liked to see.

"Then the whole Everton story came out and the interest and also the interest from my part.

"But Les Reed said to me that it was no possible to go through my last year of contract without knowing what would happen after. That made it more difficult. At the same time Everton was showing interest. Southampton gave me permission to talk to Everton and now I am the new EFC manager.

"But we had two fantastic seasons at Southampton and I say thank you to the players and staff. But the most important thing is look forward not back in life or football."

Koeman said he moved to Everton because he is sure he can fulfil his ambitions at Goodison Park.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ld-koeman-southampton-ultimatum-forced-me-ou/

Sure... clam

Everton manager Ronald Koeman says he decided the leave Southampton having been issued an ultimatum to sign a new contract.

Koeman said he was expecting to fulfil the final year of his existing deal at St Mary’s, but was told that was not possible by the club’s Head of Football Development Les Reed. Southampton wanted a firmer commitment.

"My first option was to continue at Southampton, to do my last season of contract, but it was not possible," said Koeman.

"They said it's not good because we like to know the future. I said it was not a problem because I signed three times a one-year contract with Feyenoord in Holland.

"I then got a proposal from Southampton and in my opinion, it was not what I liked to see.

"Then the whole Everton story came out and the interest and also the interest from my part.

"But Les Reed said to me that it was no possible to go through my last year of contract without knowing what would happen after. That made it more difficult. At the same time Everton was showing interest. Southampton gave me permission to talk to Everton and now I am the new EFC manager.

"But we had two fantastic seasons at Southampton and I say thank you to the players and staff. But the most important thing is look forward not back in life or football."

Koeman said he moved to Everton because he is sure he can fulfil his ambitions at Goodison Park.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ld-koeman-southampton-ultimatum-forced-me-ou/

Sure... clam
So I'm guessing he signed a one year contract with Everton?:rolleyes:

Back