• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch 2013/14

I always wonder what these clubs realistically expect from fans to the board. I look at Saudi Sportswashing Machine in their position and for me thats their level, same with West Ham and Norwich give or take are the same. Survival should be their main aim anything else is a bonus...

The times I've seen Norwich they seem to create chances but just can't finish. RvW really hasn't delivered at all this season considering the last few years he's done pretty well in front of goal, is it 1 goal all season? I thought Hooper and RvW were pretty decents buy's in the Summer for Norwich, just goes to show buying outside the Premier League comes with risk.

Add in Elmander and they have 7 goals between them all season. If any one of those strikers had hit a bit of form Hughton would be safely ensconced in midtable.

I always wonder what these clubs realistically expect from fans to the board. I look at Saudi Sportswashing Machine in their position and for me thats their level, same with West Ham and Norwich give or take are the same. Survival should be their main aim anything else is a bonus...

Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans are deluded, they won't be happy with anything less than CL.

For bottom half teams it would probably be enough to comfortably avoid relegation, ie. no scrapping for wins in the last few months of the season, and take the cups seriously. It helps if they get good value for their money in the transfer market and occasionally bring through someone who could play for the top teams. Charlton under Curbishley were the perfect example, until the fans started wanting more, but you can only stand still for so long before the fans get impatient I guess.

Those managers who **** off the cups and whose only ambition is to reach 40 points I have no sympathy with. At least try to build something long term instead of just pocketing backhanders and spend your day playing golf.

Charlton under Curbishley were the perfect example, until the fans started wanting more, but you can only stand still for so long before the fans get impatient I guess.

Yeh and Pulis at Stoke I suppose, but thats how football is isnt it, you have rich teams and you have not so rich teams. The not so rich teams don't want to stand still but are never realistic about whats above them in terms of spending power. Its all about being comfortable in your skin I suppose....

Interesting Article (specifically the before and after positions for each firing in the PL)

http://www.bbc.com/newsbeat/26920629

Norwich have sacked manager Chris Hughton and replaced him with youth coach Neil Adams.

The Canaries lost 1-0 to West Brom on Saturday, leaving them five points clear of relegation with five games left.

They are still to play Fulham, Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Hughton is the eighth Premier League boss to be sacked this season. Here's how the other seven clubs have fared.

Interesting Article (specifically the before and after positions for each firing in the PL)

http://www.bbc.com/newsbeat/26920629

Norwich have sacked manager Chris Hughton and replaced him with youth coach Neil Adams.

The Canaries lost 1-0 to West Brom on Saturday, leaving them five points clear of relegation with five games left.

They are still to play Fulham, Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Hughton is the eighth Premier League boss to be sacked this season. Here's how the other seven clubs have fared.

Rough!

Longest serving managers:

Wenger: 17.5 years
Pardew: 3.5 years
Allardyce: 3rd full season
Rodgers, Lambert, Bruce: 2nd full season
Pochettino: 1.5 years

Everyone else were hired last summer or during this season.

If you were Norwich who would you go for? Mackay, Lennon, Sherwood!? or try and find a foreign coach like Pochettino or Mel...

If you were Norwich who would you go for? Mackay, Lennon, Sherwood!? or try and find a foreign coach like Pochettino or Mel...

If I was Norwich, the only thing I would be worried about was the length of the new manager's contract.

Ideally it should be as short as possible, to avoid paying too much compensation when he's sacked.

If I was Norwich, the only thing I would be worried about was the length of the new manager's contract.

Ideally it should be as short as possible, to avoid paying too much compensation when he's sacked.

18 months should do it. Enough time to get promoted, then sacked at Christmas when they're back struggling in the PL. One year automatic add-on clause if they reach the playoffs, but don't get promoted.

Longest serving managers:

Wenger: 17.5 years
Pardew: 3.5 years
Allardyce: 3rd full season
Rodgers, Lambert, Bruce: 2nd full season
Pochettino: 1.5 years

Everyone else were hired last summer or during this season.
its very possible Wenger, Pardew and Allardyce will vacate their posts this summer....Wenger sticks out their like a sore thumb

@ESPNFC: This is from the Official PL Season Launch event 2 days before the season. None of these managers are still in the PL
BmBGSn6IUAEzDqP.png

Mel came across as a decent chap, but hardly unexpected given their results. Couldn't even beat us ;)

WBA could be the Supply Teacher's next port of call?

Back