• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Man of the match - Wycombe Wanderers (A)

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
True but a forward taking easy chances should be high on the list
Neither chance was easy. The first was actually very difficult as the Liverpool players body was between Bergwijn and the ball, there was no way for him to curl it into the net. The second chance was easier but still not an easy chance and he hit the inside of the post iirc so he hardly fudged it up.

I think this is a bit of, to use a weird Norwegian expression, "shooting the baker for the blacksmiths mistake". It was Sissoko who was unable to contain that hunk of burning love, and thus exposed our central defenders. He got replaced by PEH, although he stayed on the pitch as right back.
And I think we could see immediately why, the first thing PEH did was to almost break the Wycombe-players neck in a headlock while wrestling him to the ground.
Just to kind of let him know who just entered the arena. Sissoko never managed to impose that kind of physical threat to them, weirdly enough.

After that we managed much better to get PEH to take the duel, and Toby to win the ball, thus moving the duel much further away from our goal.
Winks' role in this was never to be the battler of the pair. I thought Winks performed his role and duty very good, and think he was a natural candidate for the MoM.

As for Tanguy being MoM, I'd agree 400% if he had been on for a bit longer. And normally anyone who scores twice would be a natural MoM. His last goal alone merit a MoM 7 days a week. And his candidacy is undisputed.
But. We battled a very physical side for 60 minutes before we managed to create some serious dents in their armour. Once we managed that, it was just a matter of time and how much.
If the roles were reversed, and Tanguy played the first 60, and Lamela the last 30, scoring two goals, I think the resistance against awarding Lamela MoM would have been way fiercer than what Ndombele gets now.

Bale was a bit of a condundrum, as I thought he looked way too serious and wondered a bit if he had gone away already.
But then he started to show those burst of speed, better ball control, and created chances. So I guess the glum face was just pure determination, and thank f**k for that. Now just push on, and kick it up a notch!
Excellent to get through 90 minutes, gain fitness, and get ready for the last half of the season! Plenty of games left, plenty of goalkeepers to annihilate!

I'm still exited about this. I still think we have plenty more to come. I'd love to see a fully fit and working combination of PEH, Ndombele and Lo Celso, if that could be done, and I think Winks holds his own as a rotation player in that trio.
Sissoko is awful as a CM, no one wants to admit it but he is. Games like yesterday where PEH is missing show that once again Sissoko can not play CM without the far superior PEH holding his hand.

It was Sissoko who was unable to contain that hunk of burning love, and thus exposed our central defenders. He got replaced by PEH, although he stayed on the pitch as right back.

And I think we could see immediately why, the first thing PEH did was to almost break the Wycombe-players neck in a headlock while wrestling him to the ground.
Just to kind of let him know who just entered the arena. Sissoko never managed to impose that kind of physical threat to them, weirdly enough.

After that we managed much better to get PEH to take the duel, and Toby to win the ball, thus moving the duel much further away from oTur goal.

Winks' role in this was never to be the battler of the pair. I thought Winks performed his role and duty very good, and think he was a natural candidate for the MoM.
Thank you Sir. You are a good man. Particularly this bit:
"Winks' role in this was never to be the battler of the pair. I thought Winks performed his role and duty very good, and think he was a natural candidate for the MoM"

We have problems there with all of them at the minute.

Yes Kane and Son not firing so we need more goals from midfield
Bale can be a better option imv

Would be great to stuff that shower tonight especially after this weeks results

Neither chance was easy. The first was actually very difficult as the Liverpool players body was between Bergwijn and the ball, there was no way for him to curl it into the net. The second chance was easier but still not an easy chance and he hit the inside of the post iirc so he hardly fudged it up.

A player of his calibre should have buried both chances imv

Hitting the post in front of goal is a miss

Running about a lot isn’t good enough

I haven’t given up on him but he hasn’t convinced me yet
Bale starting to show glimpses of form now
If fit he should start imv

I think that Bergwijn has been excellent in the withdrawn wide forward role recently. He uses the ball intelligently, his movement is excellent and he reads the game well. I like Bale but I don't think that he is well suited to that role.

I think that Bergwijn has been excellent in the withdrawn wide forward role recently. He uses the ball intelligently, his movement is excellent and he reads the game well. I like Bale but I don't think that he is well suited to that role.

Ok we’ll see

Dippers are there for the taking and we have to be ruthless

My thoughts as well.

Back