1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Man of the match - Emirates Marketing Project (A)

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by milo, 14 Feb 2021.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed 16 Feb 2021.
  1. Bale

2.7%
  2. Lloris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sanchez

5.4%
  4. Tanganga

91.9%
  1. milo

milo Jürgen Klinsmann Staff Member

Who was best?

2. MKSpur

MKSpur Steve Carr

Who the fudge suggested Lloris???? Pep???

Aldo, Bullet, Baleforce and 1 other person like this.
  3. Daisuk

Daisuk Jimmy McCormick

I did! It was me! I thought he was good! But I was drunk when watching, so didn't really notice. What did he do wrong? Almost saved the pen - couldn't do much about the other two, from memory.

4. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Vivian Woodward

Should have saved the pelanty
    Should have moved his feet for the 2nd goal

parklane1, Baleforce and Pirate55 like this.
  5. Daisuk

Daisuk Jimmy McCormick

A goalie "should" never save a pelanty though - he was very close to doing it - unlucky not to! In my opinion. Second goal - maybe, but our defenders let a man shoot hard from only a few yards out - always going to be tough for a goalie.
    I voted for Tanganga myself - not really sayign Lloris had a superb game, but I don't think it's fair to blame him for any of our conceded goals.

glasgowspur likes this.
  6. Bedfordspurs

IMO Joe Hart would have got maimed for being so weak on that pelanty
    He had a full hand behind it was it was weakly hit

7. Daisuk

Daisuk Jimmy McCormick

Maybe so - but a pelanty will always be massively stacked against the GK - Lloris got a hand to it, for whatever reason, it wasn't enough and it went in. How was he being weak? He dived the right way, got a hand on the ball ... minor details that it's difficult for us (those of us that aren't physicists, anyway) to say anything reasonable about made it so that the ball went in. If he had dived the other way, no one would've complained. You expect pelanties to be put away.

Looking at the replay, I don't know where you guys get the notion that it was a weak pelanty. It's hit relatively hard, placed in the bottom corner - Lloris still gets a hand to it (way more than you would ask of a goalie to do in that situation):

But, you know, I'm not saying he was our best man yesterday, I just don't understand him getting slated for almost catching a pelanty!

glasgowspur likes this.
  8. Bedfordspurs

It wasn’t hit hard
    I mean he has saved much better pelanties vs city before and yesterday’s was weak. It’s the old chocolate wrists again where a keeper does everything right is weak with the contact
    It’s not just Spurs fans or me skating him by the way.

9. Bedfordspurs

If he dived the other way it’s no fault of his
    He guess right (well done)
    Dives out to stop (good play)
    Gets a solid hand behind it yet it goes in (weakness)
    Same as goals conceded vs Everton and pool

10. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Steffen Iversen

I think Lloris got a bit unlucky.... It looked to me as though the ball bounced up just before his hand which resulted in that pen looping up and in instead of being turned round the post.

Terrible on the second goal however.

11. Bullet

Bullet Ian Walker

It wasn't in the corner at all, it was half way between his feet and the post, he almost dived past it.
    I think most keepers in the Prem would save a poorly struck pelanty a yard inside the post.

I voted for Tanganga for being thrown in the deep end yet again, and coming up roses as usual.
    Sterling didn't do much down the left really, compared to his usual scintillating displays.

As usual Ndombele was exceptionally good, brilliant skill, power, pace, really taking the fight to City. Should have been nominated IMO.
    As usual Kane was extremely good, but we are just used to his brilliance and take it for granted when he takes the ball down from high, holds off two men, gets a shot away etc.

If only we had 2 Kane's and 2 Ndombele's rather than Lamela and Moura, we could have won the game.

Bedfordspurs, milo and MKSpur like this.
  12. awesome dawson

awesome dawson Dean Austin

Good to see Tanganga win this one, he’s shown again that he can rise to the most difficult occasions. Even when Sterling is dribbling/tying people in knots, he just concentrates on the ball and often does the right thing.

13. Raziel

Raziel Johnny Morrison

Lloris had a mare, beaten at his near post (always a no no) and the pelanty is the same error he made against Everton, using his wrists in a weird way that led to not properly stopping the ball.

Give props to the OP, sense of fudging humour with this poll, Lloris and Sanchez ..

Tanganga all the way, very rarely looked troubled, reminiscent of his full game against Pool last season, considering I would have had zero confidence in Doherty there against City, says a lot.

14. parklane1

parklane1 Tommy Harmer

Indeed, one of the first things we try and hammer into kids is to " watch the ball not the man" and he has got it down to a art. So far.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  15. mephitis

mephitis Naybet

Sterling & Foden were switching and he had the measure of both. They'll still rave about Foden though :rolleyes: