• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Malcom

Although much of the talk has been that - if we do manage to agree a deal - he will be loaned back for the remainder of the season and join us in the summer.
So if he plays today, it doesn't necessarily mean too much. If he doens't play however, there might be more to it....
I don’t see any logic in Bordeaux selling him and then loaning him back for the rest of the season, they might as well just wait and sell in the summer

Odd to see a contrast so stark in writing about Malcolm's character between the Independent and Guardian.
My initial thought is that the Independent is based on a definite event with quoted testimony. The Guardian piece seems more rumour, smear and innuendo with mention of a video (surely public) that seems very easy to take out of context.

I watched the 2nd half of this match and didn't really see anything that good from him. I'll reserve judgement until I see him a few more times.

Chelsea have reportedly held talks with the agent of Bordeaux’s highly-rated winger Malcom ahead of a potential £44million move.

French newspaper Sud-Ouest reports that the winger’s agent Fernando Garcia has already met with Stamford Bridge officials, despite the continued doubts over Antonio Conte’s future at the club.

Chelsea have reportedly held talks with the agent of Bordeaux’s highly-rated winger Malcom ahead of a potential £44million move.

French newspaper Sud-Ouest reports that the winger’s agent Fernando Garcia has already met with Stamford Bridge officials, despite the continued doubts over Antonio Conte’s future at the club.
If he signs for them when they don't have a manager and the owner is screwed thats ridiculous unless it's all about the £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

If he signs for them when they don't have a manager and the owner is screwed thats ridiculous unless it's all about the £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Of course its about the money mate.

Their sponsorship deals need looking at, couple of years out the champs league they should not be able to pay such big wages.

Name doesn’t start with an ‘N’

N’Malcolm...

Could be worth a punt if we can wash the stain of chelski rumours off him.

Isn't he just Moura, but a couple of years younger and with no end product?

Even if that's true, that doesn't mean it would be a bad signing. At 20, Moura was one of the biggest prospects in world football and moved to PSG for a similar price, even though he was totally untested in European football. At only one year older, Malcom also has 85 games in the French league, where he's averaged about 1 in 4 (in a pretty brick side side), which is basically what Lucas got in his peak age years at a hyper-dominant PSG.

Also, from what I've read, Malcom's end product is actually supposed to be quite good. Besides his fantastic dribbling numbers, he has a high pass percentage and averages a ton of key passes, expected assists, and touches in the box, which is extra impressive because he's the guy defenses are focused on. Obviously, I wasn't watching a bunch of Bordeaux games last year, but his numbers seem really promising.

However, I do agree with your overall idea that if we're going to spend a ton of money on an attacker, it might make more sense to spend it on someone who is able to play center forward. The more we get linked with these types of players (Pulisic, Zaha, Neres, etc), the more it makes me think that Poch sees Sonny as our full-time, back-up CF, and he wants another creative, pacey attacker to guarantee we lose nothing in our attack when Son moves from the wing to center forward to spell Harry.

Again, I'm not sure it's the best use of resources when we have Lamela and Lucas, but Malcom has the kind of potential that could see him becoming a future star.

Are we going for a 343 or 433 with two wingers either side of Kane?

Looking at all the links etc, suggests that we will be going forward with Eriksen, Sissoko, Dele, Wanyama, Dier, Winks and probably Grealish. Then there is Son, Moura and Lamela already here with constant links to Bale, Pulisic, Malcom and Martial.

Looking at all the links etc, suggests that we will be going forward with Eriksen, Sissoko, Dele, Wanyama, Dier, Winks and probably Grealish. Then there is Son, Moura and Lamela already here with constant links to Bale, Pulisic, Malcom and Martial.

Obviously I know nothing, but I can't see us doing two wingers either side of Kane, cuz that squeezes Alli out, who Poch always plays. If I had to guess and we ended up signing the guys we've been linked with, we'd be keeping with 4 at the back and our squad would look something like...

SELL: Sissoko, Janssen, Llorente
BUY: Grealish, Malcom (or Pulisic or Zaha or whoever)

First choice front six...

------Dier---Winks
Eriksen--Dele--Sonny
-------Kane--------

Backup

----Wanyama---Grealish----
Malcom---Lamela----Lucas
----------Sonny-------

Onomah at some sort of utility midfield role.

The truth is, I have no idea how Poch sees Grealish (Eriksen rotation? Dembele replacement?). I'd be really worried about us trying to replace Dembele with just him and Winks, considering HW's recent injuries and Grealish's slight frame. Also, laying the team out like this makes it clear that if we are gonna spend a bunch of money on a new AM/winger, we shouldn't do it on a player in their prime (like Zaha), because I don't see us being able to sign anyone better than Sonny for that role currently, so it's best to sign someone who we can ease into the team with a ton of potential.

Grealish could play in a three but he's not been playing as part of a deep two. I haven't watched his career much, but I don't believe he's been used in that role ever.

We'll just leave the defence to Verts and Alderweireld/Sanchez, and go for a 2-5-3 ultra attacking formation that will blast past any opposition.

Grealish could play in a three but he's not been playing as part of a deep two. I haven't watched his career much, but I don't believe he's been used in that role ever.

But we have never really used a proper three in midfield, so I'm assuming Poch sees him as capable in a 2. Not sure Grealish is worth us changing our system over...

Back