• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

MacBook question

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Ok this is really tinkling me off. Why when I switch between windows using tab and command does it suddenly revert to an alternate open programme/desktop every few switches?

I’m trying to write notes for my study but stuff like this doesn’t help focus.

It’s like if I alternate between Microsoft Word and the internet, it will be ok a couple of times and then suddenly the third switch it goes to Adobe and I have zero understanding of why.

Perhaps you just have to many apps running for the amount of Ram you have. Try shutting down everything that you don't need.
You could try running the Disk first aid, Applications/Utilities/disk Utility, first aid top bar.

Hard to say without knowing which operating system you are running and how much Ram you have.

Dont know if that helps or not

It’s like if I alternate between Microsoft Word and the internet, it will be ok a couple of times and then suddenly the third switch it goes to Adobe and I have zero understanding of why.

where is the cursor when this is happening?

you can command tab to sequentially move through recent apps, or command tab to display the switcher and pick with the cursor

I don’t know but I find it impossible using a Mac properly. Is MS word even compatible? I have some brickarse version of MS office on my imac and it makes me so angry as most of the common ribbon tools are absent - copy format ffs.

Try writing a cv without that - clams. No wonder I can’t get a job. I looked at the Cv I had written last year and have been sending out and it was fubar.

I don’t know but I find it impossible using a Mac properly. Is MS word even compatible? I have some brickarse version of MS office on my imac and it makes me so angry as most of the common ribbon tools are absent - copy format ffs.

Try writing a cv without that - clams. No wonder I can’t get a job. I looked at the Cv I had written last year and have been sending out and it was fubar.

MS Word seems compatible, at least it works but not sure how a document would appear when sent and viewed on a pc. It’s frustrating to use and to be honest I wish I’d bought a pc as the MacBook definitely isn’t user friendly at least not from my perspective.

MS Word seems compatible, at least it works but not sure how a document would appear when sent and viewed on a pc. It’s frustrating to use and to be honest I wish I’d bought a pc as the MacBook definitely isn’t user friendly at least not from my perspective.

I completely agree. I’m surprised there is not some sort of support for those moving from one platform to the other. L

Back