• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

(M)ar(ch)mageddon

Damn those dirty reds. I wonder how they would be coping right now if they had had a midweek competition to play in like the rest of the top 5

Not very well, they really have a core of about 4/5 players that carry the team.

^^^^ Same way we coped in 2010. Getting it done.

I like that Arsenal's game with Swansea has been shifted. It looked a near banker if it was going off as scheduled and something to fluff up their cushion over us. If it does move to the 26th, that drops it in between Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project. Big banana peel and if we could get something out of the Chelsea game and beat Arsenal, there'd be some real pressure building.

You'd have to wonder how our squad strategy going into the home tie with Benfica would be affected if we were to do the unthinkable and win at Chelsea. Even a draw would be pause for thought. Normally, I'd expect us to put on a show with the top squad out for the EL tilt. But if we're within 5 of Arsenal heading into the NLD, perhaps the Thursday night squad would be littered with lesser lights.

2nd March Cardiff City (H) - WIN

8th March Chelsea (A) - WIN

13th March Benfica (H) - WIN

16th March Arsenal (H) - WIN

20 March Benfica (A) - WIN

23rd March Southampton (H) - WIN

30th March Liverpool (A) - WIN

Believe !!!!

For a man who has just turned 50, you are very positive...

and i agree

We are going to smash em :barnet: :barnet:

Not very well, they really have a core of about 4/5 players that carry the team.

It's really massive for them. They have a pretty thin squad by comparison, but its not being stretched or even tested to any degree. Most of their big players have stayed fit and available for the majority of the season and they look fresh and hungry.

Much like we looked in 09/10 when we qualified for the CL without European commitments or much of a cup run to distract us. I remember the run-in of similar tough-looking games we faced that season and although we lost away to United, we basically steam-rollered red scum, blue scum and Emirates Marketing Project, we looked fitter and hungrier than them all over the pitch.

Personally, I think Liverpool will pip the goons to 3rd. They're looking jaded now. I think our best chance of finishing top 4 is by overtaking Arsenal, not Liverpool.

I fear Chelski and Liverpool. Liverpool the most, actually.
Other than that, I feel confident we can get something out of all the other games.

We will need to beat **** at home to still have an outside chance of finishing in the top four. Right now they look the most vulnerable of the top four teams.

Don't know much about Benfica, but they've only lost three games all season (all away) and are unbeaten in the Portuguese top flight since August, so I reckon these will be very tough games too.

Unbeaten in the Portuguese top flight??? Now I am sure I have heard that befor some where.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

Benfica are a good team, but likely to come up just-short against the top teams in Europe. Probably a very good match for ourselves, then. Should be a good tie.

Other than that, I feel confident we can get something out of all the other games.

We will need to beat **** at home to still have an outside chance of finishing in the top four. Right now they look the most vulnerable of the top four teams.

Don't know much about Benfica, but they've only lost three games all season (all away) and are unbeaten in the Portuguese top flight since August, so I reckon these will be very tough games too.

Benfica are decent and will certainly be a tough nut to crack in Lisbon but they are beatable. They are not the side they were, even from 2-3 years ago tbh. Matic was a big, big player for them and their last league game had a side that didn't look as strong as the one from the Europa League final last season.

Gonna have a pop at the scores in March.

Chelsea (a) 1-1 Draw

Benfica (h) 1-0 Win

Arsenal (h) 2-1 Win

Benfica (a) 2-1 Loss - through on away goals

Southampton (h) 2-2 Draw

Liverpool (a) 4-2 Loss

Gonna have a pop at the scores in March.

Chelsea (a) 1-1 Draw

Benfica (h) 1-0 Win

Arsenal (h) 2-1 Win

Benfica (a) 2-1 Loss - through on away goals

Southampton (h) 2-2 Draw

Liverpool (a) 4-2 Loss

I think most would take those scores now if offered. That would be a decent haul from those fixtures. Defeating Arsenal especially would be key considering their own March fixtures. Don't think we'll be catching Liverpool given their form, goal diff and fixtures so loss to them neither hear nor there for me, we need to turn up the heat on Arsenal and hope they crumble like I feel they're always prone to doing in recent years.

Benfica are a good all round team, they have been doing well in europe the last couple of years and have been unlucky the last 2 seasons to not qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions league. In Lisbon they will be a hard nut to crack, they are very good on their home patch and will have 50 - 60,000 cheering them on against us.

Its a chame the first leg is at home. They will come and play organised and look to hit us on the break, and they will be way more clinical than Dnipro. They have some talent in their side and they continue to produce more and more. We have to take a lead to Lisbon. And not give away an away goal. I think even a good 1-0 will mean a lot. Then we have the chance to use our pace on the break in Lisbon to maybe catch them for an away goal.

I remember playing them in the preseason and thinking they were rubbish a couple of years back. It was preseason but still, I thought they were awful, there was untold subs that day when we won 1-0 They have improved since though.

BENFICA - Roberto (Moreira 45', Júlio César 71'); Fábio Coentrão (Fábio Faria 63'), Luisão (c) (Sidnei 63'), David Luiz (vc) (Roderick 71') and Rúben Amorim (Luís Filipe 63'); Carlos Martins, Airton (Javi García 45'), Aimar (Menezes 55') and Jara (César Peixoto 45'); Cardozo (Kardec 56') and Saviola (Weldon 56')
Subs: Júlio César, Moreira, Fábio Faria, Roderick, Sidnei, Luís Filipe, César Peixoto, Javi García Felipe Menezes, Gaitán, Kardec and Weldon
Coach: Jorge Jesus

TOTTENHAM - Gomes (Cudicini 45'); Walker (Naughton 45'), Corluka, Michael Dawson and Gareth Bale (Danny Rose 63'); Aaron Lennon, Jenas, Huddlestone and Modric (Kranjcar 45'); Giovani dos Santos (Townsend 70') and Peter Crouch (Defoe 45')
Subs: Cudicini, Naughton, Rose,Towsend, Kranjcar and Defoe
Coach: Harry Redknapp

Last edited:
Chelsea (a) 4-1 loss

Benfica (h) 1-1 draw

Arsenal (h) 3-2 win

Benfica (a) 1-0 loss

Southampton (h) 2-1 win (it'll be one of those games where we probably would have deserved to lose 5-0 but somehow manage a win, it wont be pretty to watch!)

Liverpool (a) 4-1 loss

6 league points and out of the cup, but importantly 3 of those points coming v Arsenal who look at the moment most likely to be the ones we can overtake.

Chelsea (a) 3-1 Loss

Benfica (h) 0-0 Draw

Arsenal (h) 2-1 Win

Benfica (a) 1-0 Loss

Southampton (h) 2-2 Draw

Liverpool (a) 2-0 Loss

I agree that we look like having more of a chance of catching the Аrѕe than Pool, but either remains unlikely in my book. I think the Goons will (at least) match the 4 league points I expect from us in the remainder of March.

Liverpool have got a chance of the title. Easy games plus Chelsea & City at their place.

I am out for most these games bar Benfica and will miss them! it wasnt intentional but hey ho... probably a blessing im disgise!

We will go out to Benfica

Get a point vs scum and beat southampton and thats about it!

We will be so far out of the running then that we will be hoping 6/7th will get us back into europe

Back