• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Luke Amos

NaijaSpurs

Rafael Van Der Vaart
I think the lad deserves his own thread as he has impressed me during pre season and he has impressed Poch as well:

“I’m my fifth year, you think I’m going to be scared to play him?

“Young players maybe still don’t have the experience in high competition, but the compensation is desire and energy. Players like Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen, when they were young, showed desire and energy like the young players on the tour.

“If we believe in a young player, I don’t care about experience or not.

“Football is about energy, about desire, about respect for yourself and your teammates, being professional.

“Of course, Luke is a good example. He played three games of 90 minutes. At 21, maybe he’s not so young and maybe he doesn’t have Premier League experience.

“But his performances in the three tour games showed it’s not a problem to put him in to play. Maybe he’s going to play ahead of some senior players.

“I’m more than brave and if I believe in some players I go with all the consequences.”

As much as I would love us to sign a top quality midfielder there is something special about a young player coming through and establishing himself in our first team, even more so if he can establishing himself in the starting 11 like Kane

Last edited:
In the U21 reports he has always seemed like a standard make-up-the-numbers player who we'd probably end up selling to Leyton Orient or Peterborough or somewhere for a minimal fee. Contrast this to CM like Skipp and Oakley-Booth, who have long been tipped for great things.

Would love nothing more for a kid no one is tipping for things to come through and take his chance.

The message that would spell out to the others would be amazing.

You see it in a lot of different sports when one comes through it spurs on others to do the same.

I thought Sashoua would be the one to stake a claim in this tour.

he has been moved around a lot (positionally) at youth level iirc.

I've seen him play both fullback position, holding midfield and box to box, can be difficult for some players to cope with, but I believe this is what they do in Holland with young players so that get a better understanding of the game. He always looks a tidy player and I hope he continues to develop his game, I have never thought he would make it with us, but I'd be glad to be proved wrong, if only Edwards and Onomah had his heart.

Not seen him play, what sort of player would you compare him to ??
decent touch, range of passing, reasonably strong in the tackle, seems like he can mix it a bit. in his last 3 games in the ICC he reminded me a bit of scott parker when he played for us and kept it simple, but need to see more games really to make any firm statement

*i'd be happy to see him around the squad this season and pushing, but can't see him getting games above wanyama or dier at this time.

I thought he played the holding role with maturity, presence and energy. What impressed me the most was his ability to keep things crisp and simple, to avoid the youthful trap of wanting to impress too much. I actually think he is ready for the squad and could do a job very well in the pinch. In fact, I won't be surprised to see him against Newcash given Wanyama's injury and Winks struggle to make it back fully fit. Skipp is very, very exciting and dynamic in the sense of a Gazza vibe, but Amos is a really trustworthy, functional holding midfielder for me.

I've seen him play both fullback position, holding midfield and box to box, can be difficult for some players to cope with, but I believe this is what they do in Holland with young players so that get a better understanding of the game. He always looks a tidy player and I hope he continues to develop his game, I have never thought he would make it with us, but I'd be glad to be proved wrong, if only Edwards and Onomah had his heart.

Absolutely. McDermott likes to see more if he isn't sure what a player's best position is, the net result being that we end up with a player who can fill several roles.

In the U21 reports he has always seemed like a standard make-up-the-numbers player who we'd probably end up selling to Leyton Orient or Peterborough or somewhere for a minimal fee. Contrast this to CM like Skipp and Oakley-Booth, who have long been tipped for great things.
Forget about reports how many times have actually seen him play?

Sent from my SM-G955F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

decent touch, range of passing, reasonably strong in the tackle, seems like he can mix it a bit. in his last 3 games in the ICC he reminded me a bit of scott parker when he played for us and kept it simple, but need to see more games really to make any firm statement

*i'd be happy to see him around the squad this season and pushing, but can't see him getting games above wanyama or dier at this time.
You may well be right but the problem is Wanyama is injured and Dier is still on holiday and season starts b
next week

You may well be right but the problem is Wanyama is injured and Dier is still on holiday and season starts b
next week

I wouldn't be disappointed to see him start while they come back; it could even result in him getting a loan to a good european team if it looks like he wouldn't get games here if he did well for us at the start. I liked him a lot and am interested to see how he develops.

First time I saw him play was with Stylianedes as a screening two in a 4231. That was in the U18 FA CUP in the same team as KWP, CCV, Georgiou and Onomah. He was very good then and there was a lot of noise about the lad in some of the chats on the internet. I don't know much about what came after that, but he has been played all over the place, even when he may have been better suited playing in midfield than those played ahead of him. Might have been good for the lad, learning more about different positions first hand.

I'm sure there are those who have seen more of him over the last two years that can add more.

NB: This line; “Football is about energy, about desire, about respect for yourself and your teammates, being professional."

A comment to other youth players?

I don't know. There's just not anything special about him. Doesn't have any standout skill. No x-factor. Can probably become a PL player, but that's about it. He looks nothing special from what I have seen (which isn't very much i must admit)

Back