• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Yeah but no. Moura is a good squad player at a minimum and should not be in the top 10 of the cull list. The Saudi League is well below his level at this point.

He'd be high up my cull list. He's had a good season because he's been playing in a team that plays on the break. If we go back to playing possession football, his form will drop because he's brick at it. Sell whilst his stock is high and buy someone better suited to how we want to play.

He'd be high up my cull list. He's had a good season because he's been playing in a team that plays on the break. If we go back to playing possession football, his form will drop because he's brick at it. Sell whilst his stock is high and buy someone better suited to how we want to play.
Yeah maybe he's not plan A in a possession game, assuming that is the game we will actually play (not a given), but he's certainly a plan B hand-grenade when plan A is turning to brick. He also has credit in the bank for me, so no cull.

Yeah maybe he's not plan A in a possession game, assuming that is the game we will actually play (not a given), but he's certainly a plan B hand-grenade when plan A is turning to brick. He also has credit in the bank for me, so no cull.
I would sell any of Moura, Lamela, Dele and Bergwijn tbh if the price is right. For me none are untouchables and all have fairly large and obvious flaws. I would rather move them on and reinvest and try again.

We know what they can bring and it isn't enough.

I agree that he's a great impact sub option. My reason for saying sell is purely down to reports saying that we need to sell to buy.

I think that he could be at peak value now off the back of a strong season.

I agree that he's a great impact sub option. My reason for saying sell is purely down to reports saying that we need to sell to buy.

I think that he could be at peak value now off the back of a strong season.

....and if our first 11 is going to be pretty much all non HG players (as it is today), then we need back-ups who are largely HG

Sell Moura, sign lookman. Similar players but one is 6 years younger with more potential and HG

I think we need a second direct WF option to provide an alternative for Son. With our need at CB and CM, I'd personally leave our AM combination alone. Bergwijn should improve a lot with a bit of coaching, while Moura and Lamela are very effective in the right situations (Moura against tired legs and Lamela to kill off an opponent's initiative when we have a narrow lead)

I think we need a second direct WF option to provide an alternative for Son. With our need at CB and CM, I'd personally leave our AM combination alone. Bergwijn should improve a lot with a bit of coaching, while Moura and Lamela are very effective in the right situations (Moura against tired legs and Lamela to kill off an opponent's initiative when we have a narrow lead)
I disagree that they are very effective. Neither Lamela not Moura score or create much. I can't see either really getting into any of the other top 6 + Leicester sides.

Let's not settle for mediocrity in our attacking spaces otherwise the team will just be mediocre.

Last edited:

I really think it would be a mistake to sell Bergwijn, there is a very good player there and we just need to play him and bring it out. Lamela i would sell to be honest as we can never rely on him and does not really offers much when fit IMO.

I do like Moura and he was one of only a few players last season who looked like he really cared when he was on the pitch. But if we can get a decent price for him we should probably take it.

I really think it would be a mistake to sell Bergwijn, there is a very good player there and we just need to play him and bring it out. Lamela i would sell to be honest as we can never rely on him and does not really offers much when fit IMO.

I do like Moura and he was one of only a few players last season who looked like he really cared when he was on the pitch. But if we can get a decent price for him we should probably take it.

mouras age and contract mean we should sell if and offer comes in that’s decent
Lamela we should sell because he is not good enough

Can’t imagine Nuno would be anymore frustrated with Moura than he was with Traoré and he seemed to give him plenty of game time.

Back