• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

I think if Jose likes one of the front four to do defensive work as well, that would favour Moura or Lamela.

I'm not saying Dele can't do a defensive shift BUT those two are like rabid animals.:D

i think it's all down to what clicks and what doesn't - the current front four click, despite previously it not being given much consideration a player like Moura (or Dele) would work in that area.

it's also interesting the perception people have of one player v another, Moura in 90 minutes v Palace, 5 tackles 3 interceptions, Dele in 65 minutes v Fulham 4 tackles, 2 interceptions - so clearly both putting in the same sort of defensive contribution as one another yet the impression seems to be that one is going to give you more off the ball than the other

i think it's all down to what clicks and what doesn't - the current front four click, despite previously it not being given much consideration a player like Moura (or Dele) would work in that area.

it's also interesting the perception people have of one player v another, Moura in 90 minutes v Palace, 5 tackles 3 interceptions, Dele in 65 minutes v Fulham 4 tackles, 2 interceptions - so clearly both putting in the same sort of defensive contribution as one another yet the impression seems to be that one is going to give you more off the ball than the other
I think it’s horse for courses
I said at the time dele was IMO our best player vs Fulham. I was really impressed that he came over and covered the right hand side (ok it may have been an instruction) but he doesn’t normally operate on the right. Bad of course his run scored the goal
But Lucas came on and his work helped us see out that game
And I thought he was great on Sunday
What we don’t know is how fit dele is currently but I fully expect him to have a big role in tomorrow’s game

I think if Jose likes one of the front four to do defensive work as well, that would favour Moura or Lamela.

I'm not saying Dele can't do a defensive shift BUT those two are like rabid animals.:D
Dele works just as hard defensively as both of those two. Lamela runs around a lot but is typically always wrong side and concedes free kicks as a result.

Dele works just as hard defensively as both of those two. Lamela runs around a lot but is typically always wrong side and concedes free kicks as a result.

I think @Bedfordspurs point is right -> horses for courses

- Lucas brings a little more pace to the press, can make the defenders feel like they have that half a second less, cause panic.
- Lamela adds a bit more bite, recently seems the strongest on the ball of the three
- Dele works hard, knows how to press but (maybe just impression) wouldn't be the one out of the three I'd want to close out a game (that would probably be Lamela)

If I was looking for more defence out of the role, Dele would probably be bottom of the list, if I wanted more offence then he'd likely be top ..

Ironically the no.10 spot opening up looks to be working out well as I think it is the best position for Moura/Lamela/Dele, that's a lot of options.

Particularly for Dele, although he's played the 10 role in other games recently, I thought against Fulham he was deployed/instructed to play it in the way he did during his very best periods with us. It's a niche position, ghosting around the final 30 ydsof the pitch between the pelanty box lines is where he comes alive. This tactic has actually been enhanced by Kane's actions of dropping, it's like they can play the switcheroo at will.
I simply don't want Dele anywhere near PEH, Ndombele or out wide, it's where the Dele dally shows up and I think we are (or should be) about pace and speed of thought now, and Dele ain't that in those areas.
Agreed that's where I'd rate Alli to be the most likely to succeed.

We've never really seen him play wide, perhaps he could drift into similar positions from a wider starting role.

We've not seen a lot of him as one of two box to box midfielders in a midfield three. Perhaps there too he could find similar positions.

The best bet is definitely as a #10 though. That's the one role he's really thrived in so far.

Definitely agree on the Fullham game. His work rate and intensity was second to none.

He's always worked hard as far as I'm concerned. Tracked back, got into position. Not always had that intensity that he showed against Fulham. The kind of intensity Lucas and Lamela showcase rather frequently.

If that can become a regular thing from Alli that would be awesome. Though some fluctuations should be expected.

By far our best attacking player today. Battled really hard and looked a threat. Thought Sanchez was MOTM for us but Moura was one of few others to come out with credit. I'm not a massive fan, I think he's a bit brainless at times but he's looked good the last few weeks in fairness. Well deserving of his starting spot at the moment.

He showed up, a few others can't say that.

Actually think that does a disservice to him. Was head and shoulders above all the players across the pitch, and has been a stand out performer last few games.

Now the issue we face is with Son out, Moura would be a natural replacement. However, i would rather Bergwign fills that spot, and keep Moura central. His running at players absolutely makes them brick themselves.

By far our best attacking player today. Battled really hard and looked a threat. Thought Sanchez was MOTM for us but Moura was one of few others to come out with credit. I'm not a massive fan, I think he's a bit brainless at times but he's looked good the last few weeks in fairness. Well deserving of his starting spot at the moment.

Sums up my views too

Glad the media picked this up and Moura being recognised by Jose. He's not our star player and can be very limited, but recent form he's been one of the top 2 players on the pitch in the last 3/4games.

Lucas is playing really well, what do you think about his recent contributions?

Jose: He's one of the players you're never worried about the way he approaches matches. With Lucas, there are not question marks about the things that I consider the basics of football. When I say basics, probably not the right word. The fundamental. The fundamental and the basic.

The fundamental is that you take your job in a very serious way. Doesn't matter if you start, if you are on the bench, if you are in the stands, there's no need for hypothetical extra sources of motivation. It's what I used to call, a professional from head to toe. He's this kind of player.

After that he plays better, not so good, score doesn't score, play right, play on the left, play in the centre, play as a striker like he did last season. For him, the things that are not negotiable are the fundamentals. For me he's one of the players I totally respect because he's a proper professional.

Glad the media picked this up and Moura being recognised by Jose. He's not our star player and can be very limited, but recent form he's been one of the top 2 players on the pitch in the last 3/4games.

Lucas is playing really well, what do you think about his recent contributions?

Jose: He's one of the players you're never worried about the way he approaches matches. With Lucas, there are not question marks about the things that I consider the basics of football. When I say basics, probably not the right word. The fundamental. The fundamental and the basic.

The fundamental is that you take your job in a very serious way. Doesn't matter if you start, if you are on the bench, if you are in the stands, there's no need for hypothetical extra sources of motivation. It's what I used to call, a professional from head to toe. He's this kind of player.

After that he plays better, not so good, score doesn't score, play right, play on the left, play in the centre, play as a striker like he did last season. For him, the things that are not negotiable are the fundamentals. For me he's one of the players I totally respect because he's a proper professional.

I wish all our players put as much effort, hard work, attitude into games as Moura does. there are games when we have players who are looking as if they do not care. It started under Poch and continues under Jose.

I wish all our players put as much effort, hard work, attitude into games as Moura does. there are games when we have players who are looking as if they do not care. It started under Poch and continues under Jose.

It started with some of this lot under poch, but let's be honest it's been a problem at the club for a while.

That and the infallible belief that this time he will be able to beat the three players standing in his way if he just runs at them.

Leads to some dodgy decisions, but it's better than players being afraid to try things they're actually rather good at.

Been very good recently. Good to see and well deserved.

Back