• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

It’s scary really for players like him and lamela that their bought for their silky skills and offensive quality but what you end up with is a workhorse that loses the finesse

what I’ll add though is that these are also players worth their weight in the modern squad game. They don’t kick up a fuss. They work hard and try to take their opportunities. They do have ability, and generally (ok lamela is unique but still plays with injuries) their fit to play

I do agree, they can both be frustrating at times but are worth their place in what is nowadays a squad game.

I watched a highlights vid of the most unique goals in the EPL the other day and it had the little pea's absurd backwards header from a corner. That technique last night for the goal to steady things was great, and you look like a right jackass if it doesn't come off as you're probably going to glance it for a throw in. In tight situations he has some great adaptability with his skills. Of course with Moura in general the pay off is that he's not going to keep the ball each and every time he picks it up but I do legit think defenders hate playing him. I hark back to the Utd game where he got two, think he pretty much ended Smalling's Utd career IIRC but obviously he'd have wanted to do that a bit more on the regular.

I can't quite remember the games / exact moments but I do recall maybe 3 or 4 times him being on the verge of scoring absolute worldys, a volley here or there. If he can cut his niche as the hard working tactical forward and play with his head up there's a future but otherwise not wanting to sound disloyal to him it just seems an area of the pitch to look at if we can get CB and ST sorted (I don't mean imminently).

He is VAR in human form.
Delighted with him for one histotic night in Europe.
But ever since he just disrupts games. It's got to the stage were people get annoyed when they realise he will be part of the game.
He has terrible judgement. He takes too long to make decisions. And even then he gets it wrong.

Pretty much the same as Lamela then, albeit with slightly more goals. Agree he needs to improve decision making but he is a goal threat. Shouldn’t be long term first choice and I don’t know anyone who thinks he should be.

I watched a highlights vid of the most unique goals in the EPL the other day and it had the little pea's absurd backwards header from a corner. That technique last night for the goal to steady things was great, and you look like a right jackass if it doesn't come off as you're probably going to glance it for a throw in. In tight situations he has some great adaptability with his skills. Of course with Moura in general the pay off is that he's not going to keep the ball each and every time he picks it up but I do legit think defenders hate playing him. I hark back to the Utd game where he got two, think he pretty much ended Smalling's Utd career IIRC but obviously he'd have wanted to do that a bit more on the regular.

I can't quite remember the games / exact moments but I do recall maybe 3 or 4 times him being on the verge of scoring absolute worldys, a volley here or there. If he can cut his niche as the hard working tactical forward and play with his head up there's a future but otherwise not wanting to sound disloyal to him it just seems an area of the pitch to look at if we can get CB and ST sorted (I don't mean imminently).

He doesn't know what's going to happen next so hows the defenders meant to know.
He is Mr unpredictability.

I really really think he is a waste of space. Thanks for ajax and all that but my GHod he is worse then andros townsend for running into people.

He is. We have 7 wingers or CFs:
- 2 are world class
but then....
- 1 in squad level standard
- 1 was world class, but now looks past it
- 1 is an unproven loanee
- 2 have never been consistently good enough and are at an age where they'll never improve (Lamela, Moura)

A quick CB and CM who can pass the ball are higher priority, but we also have some tidying up to do in attacking areas too

He is. We have 7 wingers or CFs:
- 2 are world class
but then....
- 1 in squad level standard
- 1 was world class, but now looks past it
- 1 is an unproven loanee
- 2 have never been consistently good enough and are at an age where they'll never improve (Lamela, Moura)

A quick CB and CM who can pass the ball are higher priority, but we also have some tidying up to do in attacking areas too

All we need now is Lewis Holtby!

Looks worse on the left imo. The more touches he has increases the likelihood of him losing the ball.

The thing that wound me up about him in that game was his sheer lack of effort in running back to close Albrighton down. He jogged along and then simply stopped. Albrighton went on to put the cross in that resulted in the OG.

Awful stuff.

We need to sell him in January. Lovely bloke; we’ll always have Amsterdam; but average or (usually) below in almost every other game he’s played for us.

Depth mate, he's not a starter, he's happy to be on bench, almost always fit (no injury issues), we are in 4 competitions and he tends to score in cups

So many other players to sell/release before you get to Lucas (Rose, Gazza, Sanchez, Gedson, Lamela)

Depth mate, he's not a starter, he's happy to be on bench, almost always fit (no injury issues), we are in 4 competitions and he tends to score in cups

So many other players to sell/release before you get to Lucas (Rose, Gazza, Sanchez, Gedson, Lamela)

You only have to remember Jose's words about him last season to see the value that's placed upon him as part of the squad

I would keep him, his work rate is up there with the best and his free kick yesterday was top draw. There are several players who we should look to move on before him. imo
Totally agree. Also it's not only about 11 robots on the pitch. It's about people, and about the group as a whole and "chemistry" and dynamics within the group. Moura seems to be a very important figure in that respect.

Like him as a player last season or so but the last couple of months been acting like robbie keane sometimes........shouty pointy player...how many times does he give the ball away then points around with his finger to everyone afterwards, him and Lamela, the amount of loose passes and possession they've lost is so frustrating.

He needs to score a few more too.

Alli must be thinking how the fudge they are getting in front of me...

Back