• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Seems he has been told "stop trying to dribble 5 players, pass the flippin ball" and his game has gone up 2 notches because of it
He will be a nightmare to play against if he can keep finding those creative good passes with a decent frequency. Opponents will have to close him down to stop that, but closing him down will so often mean getting skinned.

That's just what Mourinho expects of his wide players. We've only played 4-4-2 against the big clubs this season or when trying to see out a game. The rest of the time he's switched between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 which is what he did against Leicester and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

For me, until the last there games, Lucas was aimless and unsure. Mourinho has certainly got him playing to tighter, or maybe easier, instruction. I am personally impressed, as I never thought he could work as a wide player. Yes mate, I am keenly aware he is a 4-3-3 bloke, and have pondered since his arrival the fact that he might try to re-create that first Chelski side here. To be honest, I think I am grateful that he has managed to get the players performing his system with investment.

For me, until the last there games, Lucas was aimless and unsure. Mourinho has certainly got him playing to tighter, or maybe easier, instruction. I am personally impressed, as I never thought he could work as a wide player. Yes mate, I am keenly aware he is a 4-3-3 bloke, and have pondered since his arrival the fact that he might try to re-create that first Chelski side here. To be honest, I think I am grateful that he has managed to get the players performing his system with investment.

I definitely agree that Moura has stepped it up these last couple of weeks.

He will be a nightmare to play against if he can keep finding those creative good passes with a decent frequency. Opponents will have to close him down to stop that, but closing him down will so often mean getting skinned.

Yep, stand off him and get killed by the pass (if he can keep it up) or close the space and risk being skinned.

I do like the idea of him being a 60-70 minute player as well, tire the opposition then bring on another high energy player ..

Yep, stand off him and get killed by the pass (if he can keep it up) or close the space and risk being skinned.

I do like the idea of him being a 60-70 minute player as well, tire the opposition then bring on another high energy player ..

We may not often see him and Bergwijn playing together for exactly that reason.

We may not often see him and Bergwijn playing together for exactly that reason.

I'm not sure you can play two of our flyers (Son, Moura, Bergwijn) anyway if you also want to play Dele.

Excluding the back 4, with Hojbjerg (assuming he signs), GLC and Kane as likely starters, then if you then play Dele, Son and Bergwijn then you're solely reliant on GLC for creativity. I think you either to play someone like Ndombele in the no 10 role, or leave out Bergwijn and sign someone creative to take over from Eriksen in one of the positoins behind Kane

I'm not sure you can play two of our flyers (Son, Moura, Bergwijn) anyway if you also want to play Dele.

Excluding the back 4, with Hojbjerg (assuming he signs), GLC and Kane as likely starters, then if you then play Dele, Son and Bergwijn then you're solely reliant on GLC for creativity. I think you either to play someone like Ndombele in the no 10 role, or leave out Bergwijn and sign someone creative to take over from Eriksen in one of the positoins behind Kane

I think that it can work in the bigger games where we are looking to play on the break. I agree that an advanced playmaker is needed against sides that have no intention of attacking.

I think that it can work in the bigger games where we are looking to play on the break. I agree that an advanced playmaker is needed against sides that have no intention of attacking.

Fair point. Problem with the second playmaker which we think we need, is that prices are high for someone who can impact things quickly...its why I wouldnt be complete adverse to Coutinho on loan. I'm not sure he'd get a move to bigger clubs than us, apart from someone like PSG who sign trophy players. It might only be a short-term patch for us, but for the next 12 months, that would be fine

Fair point. Problem with the second playmaker which we think we need, is that prices are high for someone who can impact things quickly...its why I wouldnt be complete adverse to Coutinho on loan. I'm not sure he'd get a move to bigger clubs than us, apart from someone like PSG who sign trophy players. It might only be a short-term patch for us, but for the next 12 months, that would be fine

It would mean that we are overloaded slightly on pacey wide players but it is difficult to see us selling any of them

There was a report in the Athletic mentioning Moura.

It is claimed that Mourinho appreciates Moura’s work-rate and willingness to put the team first,
while the former PSG man appreciates the Tottenham head coach’s honesty.

The report also claims that the winger is liked by everyone in the dressing room due to his kind nature. It is revealed that the pacy wide man sent food packages consisting of Brazilian-style hot dogs and a coconut dessert to all his teammates during the lockdown.

Speaking about Moura’s gesture, Michel Vorm is quoted as saying: “This is Lucas. He’s such a nice, nice, nice guy.
“I texted him and was like, ‘Is this for me? He was like, ‘Yeah, yeah, enjoy.’ Such a nice guy.
“He’s one of the most genuine guys in football — there’s nothing fake about him. I’m not saying other people are fake, but he is so honest.
“Genuine, in his religion, and in how he is as a person.”

Meanwhile, Danny Rose describes Moura as the “the nicest man I’ve ever come across in football.”

The article explains how Moura’s ability to converse in French, English, and Portuguese has made him a vital piece of glue that holds the dressing room together.

And here we have it.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...s-he-did-everything-for-us-during-the-season/

Jose said: “With all the problems we had, Lucas is probably one of the few players that was here the day I arrived and never stopped, apart from some extreme fatigue he had because he was playing every match. He did everything for us during the season. He played in every position. He played as a striker when we had no strikers. He had no rest, he had to play every match in every competition. It’s really amazing and shows the team player that he is - a team player, a consistent player, a player who sacrifices himself for the needs of the team. We have more, and I’m a fortunate coach, but Lucas is a good example.”

He is VAR in human form.
Delighted with him for one histotic night in Europe.
But ever since he just disrupts games. It's got to the stage were people get annoyed when they realise he will be part of the game.
He has terrible judgement. He takes too long to make decisions. And even then he gets it wrong.
Agreed. He is half the player David Speedie was.

He is VAR in human form.
Delighted with him for one histotic night in Europe.
But ever since he just disrupts games. It's got to the stage were people get annoyed when they realise he will be part of the game.
He has terrible judgement. He takes too long to make decisions. And even then he gets it wrong.
Another player like Lamela on the continuum of quality --- but stupid.

Has so many good aspects to his game but what let's him down is as we all say, his decision making. Overly reliant on his dribbling which while of high quality is not better than a the correct pass at the right time.

I watched quite a bit of him at PSG and poor end product due to poor decision making has always been his downfall.

Another player like Lamela on the continuum of quality --- but stupid.

Has so many good aspects to his game but what let's him down is as we all say, his decision making. Overly reliant on his dribbling which while of high quality is not better than a the correct pass at the right time.

I watched quite a bit of him at PSG and poor end product due to poor decision making has always been his downfall.
It’s scary really for players like him and lamela that their brought for their silky skills and offensive quality but what you end up with is a workhorse that loses the finesse

what I’ll add though is that these are also players worth their weight in the modern squad game. They don’t kick up a fuss. They work hard and try to take their opportunities. They do have ability, and generally (ok lamela is unique but still plays with injuries) their fit to play

Back