• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

He averages a goal every four games which is not that good or bad. I am not saying he should be a starter but from the bench he will be asset for sure. there are a few other players i would rather we moved on before him.

He averages a goal every four games which is not that good or bad. I am not saying he should be a starter but from the bench he will be asset for sure. there are a few other players i would rather we moved on before him.

But all he has is goals. 5 assists in the last 2 seasons (91 games). He can't take a set piece, he's not a amazing passer, he can't cross the ball.
He's a dribbler that makes bad decisions but can look like a world beater 2 games every season.
The only thing he has improved with us is defensive work he's now doing.

Exactly. He scored 15 goals last season, including 10 in the league which is nowhere near as bad as people are making out. This season he has been poor and I myself am starting to lose patience and I like him but we’ve got far bigger fish to fry in terms of players who need to be moved on.

But all he has is goals. 5 assists in the last 2 seasons (91 games). He can't take a set piece, he's not a amazing passer, he can't cross the ball.
He's a dribbler that makes bad decisions but can look like a world beater 2 games every season.

Fair enough but as i say we have far bigger problems then Moura and there are several players i would move on before him. One of his strengths is he is very good in the air and works hard so ( imo) he is a better player then some suggest.

Exactly. He scored 15 goals last season, including 10 in the league which is nowhere near as bad as people are making out. This season he has been poor and I myself am starting to lose patience and I like him but we’ve got far bigger fish to fry in terms of players who need to be moved on.

I think that everyone would agree that he has scored some important goals. The problem is the negative impact that the rest of his game has on the team performance. I am relaxed about him as a squad option but I'd happily see him replaced if a good option was available.

I think Moura is a key issue. Why do we still start him?

Futsal player. I promise to not post that anymore as I am aware I have done so a lot recently.

I thought he was really wasteful in attack and played head down a lot
Defensive wise he was great and kept them in the right areas for us

I'd add that you can't really complain about the mentality of this time (which I've done a lot in recent weeks) and shoot on one of the few guys who're giving everything they have every time they set foot on the pitch. He's not a world beater, his vision and passing could be better (although he almost set up Kane twice today) but he's fighting for every ball.

Some of his more talented team-mates could certainly take a page off his book in that respect...

Back