• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Basically, Poch was using him the right way

He goes through hot streaks every now and then and I believe Poch and now Mourinho had/has to play him when he is on a good goal scoring run until he fizzles out again. Still maintain Poch made a massive mistake not starting him in the CL final instead of Alli who had been non-existent for 18 months and Kane who was not match fit. Not for sentimental reasons but he was in form and he’s a big game player. He’s scored away from home against some big teams; Barca, Liverpool, United, City, Wolves and Ajax.

He has the pace, he has the talent. But it seems without someone telling him what exactly to do he just meanders through games. Its really frustrating to watch. He just needs to take on players more even if he loses it every now and then. Scare them with his pace so they back off. Be in the box when the ball is coming in from the opposite side and track his marking duties. I just cannot help look at him and think he has the same tools as Mane but just not attitude of mental fortitude.

Basically, Poch was using him the right way

No, because Poch would play him out of position and drop him when he was in middle of a form streak.

He works best when Son is on the other side, he needs the movement of the other 3 to give him space.

I think people underestimate his impact a bit, the opposition has taken to just kicking the brick out of him so obviously he has them worried in some way.

The catalyst for our win today. Worked his socks off in the second half
Eriksen did more in the first 5 mins of his introduction than Moura did most of the game. He did work his socks off in the second half but I'm all about being a bit smarter than just blood and thunder

No, because Poch would play him out of position and drop him when he was in middle of a form streak.

He achieved 13 goals and assists last season. Not bad for a player Poch “mismanaged.” I don’t agree that he did, it’s just that Moura is a streaky player. He’s continued to be so under Mourinho.

He works best when Son is on the other side, he needs the movement of the other 3 to give him space.

I think people underestimate his impact a bit, the opposition has taken to just kicking the brick out of him so obviously he has them worried in some way.

He often played him through the middle when Kane was injured. He occasionally started him wide. He did not pick him as a regular when the main men were fit.

Eriksen did more in the first 5 mins of his introduction than Moura did most of the game. He did work his socks off in the second half but I'm all about being a bit smarter than just blood and thunder

Exactly. I often wonder who has the joystick and whether he is on the XBox or Playstation platform when he gets going.

He needs a coach or a playing system to keep things simple for him. Give Mourinho time, he will decide,
He has the pace, he has the talent. But it seems without someone telling him what exactly to do he just meanders through games. Its really frustrating to watch. He just needs to take on players more even if he loses it every now and then. Scare them with his pace so they back off. Be in the box when the ball is coming in from the opposite side and track his marking duties. I just cannot help look at him and think he has the same tools as Mane but just not attitude of mental fortitude.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Mouras best games came for us when used 'out of position' as a striker, two hat-tricks against Ajax and Huddesfield.

He had one purple patch of 1 in 3, between PSV and Bournemouth last season and is on the same now under Mourinho but otherwise closer to 1 in 5 for most of his time here, if not worse - i really don't get the clamour for him as a player. As an impact sub against tired legs playing off a target man he has a place as a squad option but along with our CM and RB issues the fact he's playing regularly is part of the reason we aren't playing well as a team - the sooner we move away from having to use him as a starter the better.

Back