• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

To deserve more game time than he got last season he has to deliver more consistently than he has so far.

Who would you keep on the bench to give Moura more game time. If Eriksen leaves and Lo Celso starts slowly I could see an argument for Moura effectively taking Eriksen's place in the team (though obviously not the same role). But even then I think he has to deliver more consistently to keep his place.

Son would be first in the pecking order for me as he’s been the most consistent over the last 3 seasons. Other than that it’s a fight between the GLC, Alli, Moura and Lamela who would be bottom of the order in my opinion. I don’t think Alli should be automatic first choice as he’s not really kicked on, fully accept he’s been played out of position.

He's scored in 3 out of the 24 games he has played in 2019.

You could make the argument that Llorente scored hugely important goals and offered an aerial threat. Neither have been consistent enough.

He scored over 10 league goals and scored that goal that saw us qualify from the group stage then the goals that took us to the final. Not saying he can’t be more consistent but it seems a bit dismissive when you say he’s only scored in 3 games as it doesn’t show the complete picture. Son was the only player last season who scored consistently and yet people also say he is inconsistent

Moura is too inconsistent. He should be scoring more goals consistently. He showed against Ajax what he can do if he lifts his game. It is puzzling why he cannot play like that in other games. Most of the time, he goes missing in games. He should be putting more effort and be more clinical in front of goal to win back his place in the Brazil national team.

With good reason. He scored some hugely important goals for us and offers pace.

He was, of course, our hero in Amsterdam but other than that game, and possibly Manure away, I cannot remember many others where he was instrumental through important goals. Unlike, for example, Sonny and Dele where you get lost counting.

Which I guess is why he was on the bench in Madrid...

Moura is aware of how tall he is and just doesn't give a fudge, dude needs a song and the song should have some sort of salmon reference in there.

I’m enjoying the chat about the Pep/Aguero bust up being down to Aguero supposedly missing a marking assignment for a corner.

Aguero is what, 5ft 2?

I really like Moura BUT he never seems to perform when he starts. The odd game but not a lot of them. We want him to be a wide forward, but he seems to do his best work right in the box.

I really like Moura BUT he never seems to perform when he starts. The odd game but not a lot of them. We want him to be a wide forward, but he seems to do his best work right in the box.
It's an interesting point.
He has spent so long being a sub the last few years, maybe it's become his default.

Back