• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

He scored in 3 games in 2019 from 22 games. He is inconsistent, either 6/10 or 9/10. Against Liverpool he completed 4 passes in half an hour on the pitch.

Eh? He scored two hat tricks in the last month of the season and also scored against Liverpool in March. That’s at least 7 goals. Are you just taking about league games?

He’s been no less consistent than Alli albeit sometimes in a slightly different position.

Didn’t Moura used to be a winger?

I’m not a big fan of him playing up front in a 2 I think he’s better when he has room to run at people cos he is quick with quick feet.

I think next season he has to play more regularly wide right in a 4231 formation/ think we’ll see the best of him then.

Didn’t Moura used to be a winger?

I’m not a big fan of him playing up front in a 2 I think he’s better when he has room to run at people cos he is quick with quick feet.

I think next season he has to play more regularly wide right in a 4231 formation/ think we’ll see the best of him then.

Interestingly he has scored most of his goals when he has played in a front 2, such as the hatrick against Ajax and the double against Man Utd

Interestingly he has scored most of his goals when he has played in a front 2, such as the hatrick against Ajax and the double against Man Utd
And his hat trick against Huddersfield was him playing as the CF. He is another of our AMs who is versatile, another plus....

First goal against Ajax he runs onto Ali’s pass and makes something out of nothing. 2nd goal scrappy affair with Lorente furthest forward and Moura hunting for scraps with quick feet, third goal was also Moura running on to an exquisite Ali pass. All three his starting position is as an AM.

Not saying the lad cannot finish but he’s not a natural finisher all the time and would still prefer to see him coming from deep either wide or running in the middle

Agree - Not slagging him off, think he has been good this year and showed where he could go

The reality is, when we lost Kane this season against City we have been awful attacking wise.
However we had 2 basketball games against Ajax and City away which played into Moura and Sons hands and we scored a few.

This has then set the Media and some fans into thinking we are both better without Kane and Son and Moura were playing well.
Reality is attacking wise we have been very poor, especially against teams playing deeper

Since City CL Away

City 1 - Spurs 0
Spurs 1 - Brighton 0 (Eriken scored when we couldnt create a chance)
Spurs 0 - West Ham 1 (Created nothing)
Spurs 0 - Ajax 1 (Created nothing)
Bournemouth 1 - Spurs 0 (Weird game but didnt score)
Ajax 2 - Spurs 3
Spurs 2 - Everton 2 (3 shots on target, scored from corner scramble and a Free-kick)

7 Games, Failed to Score in 4 of them, Got a Last minute outside of box winner, 1 random Ajax game, and a pre-season v everton with a 3rd Min corner and Free kick

Its hardly a wonder Poch started Kane
An interesting sample there.... Why did you start it after the City away CL game as opposed to the game immediately after Kane got injured? Was it because we scored 3 at Emirates Marketing Project and 4 at home to Huddersfield perhaps and that would've ruined your argument somewhat?

Remember that we weren't exactly too hot in the games proceeding Kane's injury either with 1 point out of a possible 15:

Lost to Burnley
Lost to Chelsea
Drew with Arsenal
Lost to Southampton
Lost to Liverpool.

An interesting sample there.... Why did you start it after the City away CL game as opposed to the game immediately after Kane got injured? Was it because we scored 3 at Emirates Marketing Project and 4 at home to Huddersfield perhaps and that would've ruined your argument somewhat?

Remember that we weren't exactly too hot in the games proceeding Kane's injury either with 1 point out of a possible 15:

Lost to Burnley
Lost to Chelsea
Drew with Arsenal
Lost to Southampton
Lost to Liverpool.

Burnley - Kane Scored
Chelsea - Kane Didnt Play
Arsenal - Kane Scored
Southampton - Kane Scored
Liverpool - Kane Played but didnt scored

So Kane scored in 3/4 games he played in from your example

I included City Away as a random Basketball game in my comment
I didn't include huddersfield as Llorente started against huddersfield, with Davies and KWP as wingbacks, Moura scored a hat-trick but they were so dreadful using it as the basis to start Moura in a CL final is a bit crazy.

Most of Moura's goals have also happened when Llorente has been on the pitch which is not a coincidence

Ajax
Huddersfield
Liverpool
Barcelona

Basically we wernt scoring previous to the CL final without Kane, Prior to the injury Kane had scored 3/4 games (Plus Dortmund which i think was in that losing run)

Just seems history has been rewritten that because of a couple of Mad Games, Moura, Son and Spurs were scoring goals which we wernt, therefore to bring back your top scorer is pretty obvious

i'd pick a fit moura vs. an unfit kane anytime.
moura's inconsistency means he might score for us; the same isn't true about kane's early games coming back from injury
You would? That's a shame because prior to his return from injury in the Champions League final Kane has scored every time he's started following a long lay off from injury. More than that, he's then gone on a scoring spree in the games immediately following his return.

February 2019: scored in first game back after 51 days out with a torn ankle ligament and a total of 6 in 7 appearances immediately following his return
April 2018: scored in his first start after 40 days out with an ankle injury and a total of 12 in 12 appearances for club and country immediately following his return
April 2017: scored in his first start after 24 days out with an ankle injury and a total of 14 in 11 appearances for club and country immediately following his return
November 2016: scored in first game back after 49 days out with an ankle injury (equaliser away to Arsenal!) and a total of 8 in 7 appearances immediately following his return

So altogether Kane has scored a total of 41 goals in 38 appearances for club and country immediately following his returns from a long lay off. That's an even better rate of scoring than his overall average.

Oh the irony!

Kane has scored a total of 41 goals in 38 appearances for club and country immediately following his returns from a long lay off. That's an even better rate of scoring than his overall average.

Yeah but no but yeah but no but the thing is Mrs Patterson, I saw 'im round the back of the Butcher's shop doing sucky with Janice Coleman and we all know what she's like anyway innit?

You would? That's a shame because prior to his return from injury in the Champions League final Kane has scored every time he's started following a long lay off from injury. More than that, he's then gone on a scoring spree in the games immediately following his return.

February 2019: scored in first game back after 51 days out with a torn ankle ligament and a total of 6 in 7 appearances immediately following his return
April 2018: scored in his first start after 40 days out with an ankle injury and a total of 12 in 12 appearances for club and country immediately following his return
April 2017: scored in his first start after 24 days out with an ankle injury and a total of 14 in 11 appearances for club and country immediately following his return
November 2016: scored in first game back after 49 days out with an ankle injury (equaliser away to Arsenal!) and a total of 8 in 7 appearances immediately following his return

So altogether Kane has scored a total of 41 goals in 38 appearances for club and country immediately following his returns from a long lay off. That's an even better rate of scoring than his overall average.

Oh the irony!

No coming back from this, evidently :D

Scored, looked a threat again today. Lucas may be Poch's biggest challenge this season

- How do we fit him in the lineup more times than not?

Back