• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Uhhh, how? Harry Kane is arguably the best striker in the world and Son is certainly not a LWB.
Kane is not the best striker in the world. He is good but not the best. Pochettino played Son instead of Davies as a LWB during the semifinal vs Chelsea.

That's a painful video to watch, clearly feeling it there. I think this showed a big difference with Klopp here, he started Firminho who did nothing but he got subbed off early on and he was rewarded for it with Origi getting the winner. I was screaming to take Kane off for Moura at half time but it feels like he made the decision and then didn't want to sub him off and admit he got it wrong.

We would have had more of a threat with greater speed and dribbling I feel, of course we'll never know.

That's a painful video to watch, clearly feeling it there. I think this showed a big difference with Klopp here, he started Firminho who did nothing but he got subbed off early on and he was rewarded for it with Origi getting the winner. I was screaming to take Kane off for Moura at half time but it feels like he made the decision and then didn't want to sub him off and admit he got it wrong.

We would have had more of a threat with greater speed and dribbling I feel, of course we'll never know.
I was surprised that Kane didn't get subbed. Should have been Moura for Kane, and Lamela for Winks after 55/60 minutes.

I think that's one of the things that Poch needs to take him to the next level. I always respected the way Jose would sub a guy on 20 mins if he felt things wasn't working out, it's the ruthlessness of a winner. Said before the Burnley game and before the final that there is no need for Kane to be starting. Have faith in other 'lesser' players and if players are not playing well then take them off. The starting front line provided nothing but stayed on the pitch.

Bit or Revisionism on Moura from people, a bit like Son

Son and Moura both have had good parts of the season, but have been far from consistent throughout

Moura had an incredible game against Ajax, but it was a one off performance really, i think the selection of Moura would have been an emotional one.
Moura and Son both work when the game is stretched, the game against liverpool really didnt play into their strengths

Son and Moura both have had good parts of the season, but have been far from consistent throughout

Moura had an incredible game against Ajax, but it was a one off performance really, i think the selection of Moura would have been an emotional one.
Moura and Son both work when the game is stretched, the game against liverpool really didnt play into their strengths
Both have the ability to produce something out of nothing, on their own. Based on form, I would have started Moura instead of Son.

I agree Jürgen. I believe Alli was selected on what he has done since he joined Spurs not on current performance.

Moura also got a hat trick against Huddersfield, scored away at Barcelona and Liverpool this season.

I would have started both and dropped Alli. People say son and Moura are inconsistent and yet son has scored more goals than Alli two years running. Alli really hasn’t had a great season.

Alli is being used in a deeper/different role these past couple of seasons which makes the comparison to Son with regards to goal scoring a bit of an irrelevance.

Moura also got a hat trick against Huddersfield, scored away at Barcelona and Liverpool this season.

Didnt say he hasnt had moments, however the "Ajax" performance was more of a special performance than the norm - Albeit he was/is in better form that Son

Just think the Moura and Son should start, Spurs play better without Kane storyline is one played out by pundits / people who don't watch us every week

Son has been very poor (tired) since end Jan
Moura started the season brilliantly but 1 assist all season tells a different story

Not slagging off Moura just think Ajax has skewed the view on his performances

Its absolutely ridiculous that Spurs fans that have watched Moura all season are aping back the media's opinion on Moura which is solely based on the Ajax game.

The guy has one assist all season, it was against Tranmere. The idea that he would be creating against Liverpool is ridiculous.
He wasn't gonna be dribbling anywhere with Liverpool having 8 men behind the ball.
The idea that the game would somehow be different with him starting is crazy.
He did nothing when he came on.

When we were picking a team for the Everton game we didn't go back and base it off the Brighton game a month before.
So why when we are facing Liverpool are we picking a team off a random performance a month before?

Moura didn't deserve to start based on his performances this season.

Its absolutely ridiculous that Spurs fans that have watched Moura all season are aping back the media's opinion on Moura which is solely based on the Ajax game.

The guy has one assist all season, it was against Tranmere. The idea that he would be creating against Liverpool is ridiculous.
He wasn't gonna be dribbling anywhere with Liverpool having 8 men behind the ball.
The idea that the game would somehow be different with him starting is crazy.
He did nothing when he came on.

When we were picking a team for the Everton game we didn't go back and base it off the Brighton game a month before.
So why when we are facing Liverpool are we picking a team off a random performance a month before?

Moura didn't deserve to start based on his performances this season.

He scored 15 goals including 10 in the league which isn’t too shabby for an attacking player so it’s not like he only had one good game. He scored two hat ticks within a few weeks of each other so I’d argue he was more in form than Alli for example.

Alli is being used in a deeper/different role these past couple of seasons which makes the comparison to Son with regards to goal scoring a bit of an irrelevance.

Not really. I accept he’s been played deeper but not every game. He’s been ok this season, not bad but nothing special either. I’d like to see him keeping it simple more often. I don’t want to stifle him offensively but he also needs to improve on when to play the simple ball and when to try something extravagant. I’d say his performances over his first two seasons with us were more consistent than the last two.

If we were picking players on form then for me Son and Moura would have got the nod over Alli for the final. I don’t think Alli is at Kane’s or even Eriksen’s level where he should be undroppable.

In his defence I don’t think playing deeper suits his style of play.

He scored 15 goals including 10 in the league which isn’t too shabby for an attacking player so it’s not like he only had one good game. He scored two hat ticks within a few weeks of each other so I’d argue he was more in form than Alli for example.

He scored in 3 games in 2019 from 22 games. He is inconsistent, either 6/10 or 9/10. Against Liverpool he completed 4 passes in half an hour on the pitch.

He scored in 3 games in 2019 from 22 games. He is inconsistent, either 6/10 or 9/10. Against Liverpool he completed 4 passes in half an hour on the pitch.

Agree - Not slagging him off, think he has been good this year and showed where he could go

The reality is, when we lost Kane this season against City we have been awful attacking wise.
However we had 2 basketball games against Ajax and City away which played into Moura and Sons hands and we scored a few.

This has then set the Media and some fans into thinking we are both better without Kane and Son and Moura were playing well.
Reality is attacking wise we have been very poor, especially against teams playing deeper

Since City CL Away

City 1 - Spurs 0
Spurs 1 - Brighton 0 (Eriken scored when we couldnt create a chance)
Spurs 0 - West Ham 1 (Created nothing)
Spurs 0 - Ajax 1 (Created nothing)
Bournemouth 1 - Spurs 0 (Weird game but didnt score)
Ajax 2 - Spurs 3
Spurs 2 - Everton 2 (3 shots on target, scored from corner scramble and a Free-kick)

7 Games, Failed to Score in 4 of them, Got a Last minute outside of box winner, 1 random Ajax game, and a pre-season v everton with a 3rd Min corner and Free kick

Its hardly a wonder Poch started Kane

Back