• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

I haven't mentioned his "high wages"?

Problem with Lamela is he's still here!
I don't want to be saying similar about Moura in two seasons time unless he steps up.
Grealish has disappointed this season.

Subsidising hid wages would suggest he is on high wages.

That's what I find so bizarre, we regularly change shape and personal at the back, but from middle forward it seldom changes.
We have great success with dele going beyond Harry, dele gets injured and no one else can do it?
Eriksen is badly out of form but we can't change anything, everything still has to go through him?

Our front line is a different shape game to game, quite regularly.

Same/similar personel Ill grant you, but its still tactically quite varied.

The middle we simply dont have options to change, surely this isnt in dispute? Injuries have robbed us of this.

And I still keep coming back to that - injuries. Ultimately with a fit squad we have options, dont we?

Our front line is a different shape game to game, quite regularly.

Same/similar personel Ill grant you, but its still tactically quite varied.

The middle we simply dont have options to change, surely this isnt in dispute? Injuries have robbed us of this.

And I still keep coming back to that - injuries. Ultimately with a fit squad we have options, dont we?

No injuries have had a big impact this year. All the way back to Wanyama 18 month or more ago. That's where it started imo.
I feel we are to reliant on the front 4 of dele, Eriksen, son and Harry playing the same way almost every game. We rotate and change in defence and midfield but those four play every game, and with Harry and Erikson every minute.
Not only does it put a strain on them but it hampers others when like now they are called upon.
I don't see huge variances in our tactics going forward tbh, but I accept that could be my ignorance as much as anything.

Subsidising hid wages would suggest he is on high wages.

Let’s say he’s on 60k
And a European outfit will pay 8m + 30kpw. We hypothetically would to stump up 30kpw to move him on.
What’s normal in the epl is high for lower Bundesliga and Serie A clubs say?

Let’s say he’s on 60k
And a European outfit will pay 8m + 30kpw. We hypothetically would to stump up 30kpw to move him on.
What’s normal in the epl is high for lower Bundesliga and Serie A clubs say?

£30m he cost isn't anything like it was 6 years ago.
£60k is not an outrageous amount for the top Italian teams and that's where he is linked to most often.
Also is £60k a week plus say £40m for Grealish or rice etc likely?
And are they more cost effective than lamela? How are you willing to pay for someone to sit on the bench.

£30m he cost isn't anything like it was 6 years ago.
£60k is not an outrageous amount for the top Italian teams and that's where he is linked to most often.
Also is £60k a week plus say £40m for Grealish or rice etc likely?
And are they more cost effective than lamela? How are you willing to pay for someone to sit on the bench.

I don't think we will get £10m at present due to his chronic injury history.
Forget any 'top' team taking a risk in Italy or anywhere imo.
Turkey or even China would not surprise me.

Forget Grealish, David Brooks is the lad.

I think you undervalue you him. If we can get £11m for the Moose then I would expect a good bit for him.

To be a strong team, to cover for each other? To push on in the league and compete for trophies in the future. What a strange question...

On the contrary it is a perfectly reasonable question but this squad has failed to show that it has the depth to win a trophy, and as for competing for trophies, well that means fuk all if the squad is not strong enough to win a trophy. The squad is only strong enough to go so far before it hits the wall, sure it is a good squad, just not good enough.

Is this the David Brooks who has just signed a new contract? Like you I rate him, but he has just signed a new 4 or 5 year contract so unless Levy is ready to cough up at least £50m we can forget it.

We should have signed him last summer but when you snooze.....

On the contrary it is a perfectly reasonable question but this squad has failed to show that it has the depth to win a trophy, and as for competing for trophies, well that means fuk all if the squad is not strong enough to win a trophy. The squad is only strong enough to go so far before it hits the wall, sure it is a good squad, just not good enough.

Disagree. I think the potential is there, time is the key ingredient with one or two signings in priority areas, as I've mentioned.

Is this the David Brooks who has just signed a new contract? Like you I rate him, but he has just signed a new 4 or 5 year contract so unless Levy is ready to cough up at least £50m we can forget it.

He only arrived at Bournemouth last season I think.
Not sure about a NEW recent contract?

We'll make that easy in sales.

Back