• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

He looked quite awkward once more today for us.

Agreed. Moura seems to be best adapted as an impact sub, when opponents are tiring and therefore can use his acceleration and bursts of speed. For all his supposed dribbling ability, he provides little to no penetration against teams that park the bus. He simply cannot take on a man from a standing start. Must admit to be seriously underwhelmed by his contribution and can understand why PSG benched him seeing as they play against a packed defence, game after game.

The only real period Lucas has looked very good for us was when he was playing off of Kane up front around start of season. Since then, other than for the odd period during a game here and there he has been largely underwhelming....

Think he looks better out wide as opposed to centrally as he would have more space to run at the defenders. Personally would've taken Lamela off yesterday but hey we managed to win somehow.

To me he is a hot and cold player ( a little like Son was during his first season here) and you do not always see him at his best because of that. Son has developed during his time here as a very good player, lets hope Moura does the same ( he has the ability to do so).

To me he is a hot and cold player ( a little like Son was during his first season here) and you do not always see him at his best because of that. Son has developed during his time here as a very good player, lets hope Moura does the same ( he has the ability to do so).

You also have to consider that we can't expect him to be something he isn't. I get the feeling that many of us see Moura as a dribbler at speed - someone to tie defenders up in knots, full of skills and trickery.

Well, he isn't, and I don't think he ever has been. He's just not a great dribbler, and PSG fans pointed out as much when we bought him. He's not a Zaha analogue.

He runs very fast, in a very straight line - that was the consensus of PSG fans. Well, that, he works hard, and he can finish pretty well.

If we accept his limitations, we can play to his strengths - and his three key strengths are precisely those. He can finish well (when on form), he can press from the front very well and he's very fast from a standing start. Like Son, except without the two-footedness.

I don't think it's a coincidence that his best form came when played in Son's role at the start of the season, off Kane. And I think, long-term, that's what his role will be - rotating in and out of the side with Sonny, as our inside-forward.

He flatters to decieve really does Moura and i think he'll need to improve his game a fair bit to be anything more than a bit part player for us.

I think he is better coming in off the right, but always gets played left or central.

I think his talent is there for all to see, but he needs to find consistency.

I think in a lot of ways he reminds me of Son, which (hopefully) bodes well for next season...

Nothing to do with Zaha having three defenders on him everytime he gets the ball of course. Opposition just do that for a laugh....

Not every game they don't, our company has season tickets at Palace and I can assure you he is not always doubled up on and he is very frustrating to watch as many of my Palace pals confirm from seeing him week in week out. Does he get some attention, yeh but so do a number of young talented players.

Not every game they don't, our company has season tickets at Palace and I can assure you he is not always doubled up on and he is very frustrating to watch as many of my Palace pals confirm from seeing him week in week out. Does he get some attention, yeh but so do a number of young talented players.

"Some attention" Are you serious? Every team that plays Palace has as its number one objection to take Zaha out of the game, by fair means or foul! And many of their managers have admitted to that extent - even Guardiola said something to that effect.

And seeing as Palace seem to be so frustrated with him, I would imagine a 30 mill bid should be sufficient to get him in the summer

"Some attention" Are you serious?

Yes I am very much so. I have seen him play half a dozen times maybe more live this season and its not like that every game, many times he takes people on keeps hold of ball too long and then gets doubled up on because of holding it, not every time granted but very much alot. He often chooses wrong options and is selfish in play, granted he is star player but his poor output is not just down to being doubled up on FFS

Back