• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

How likely is it that Moura will start on Wednesday? Has played a lot of minutes in recent games including the whole game on Saturday...thoughts?

Was thinking that he could be a scorer of 15-20 goals per season after seeing his goal against Fulham and his goals against Manchester United.

He works hard but unless he starts scoring again, he’ll quickly become one of those Sporcle answers that neutral fans get stumped on when trying to name all the recipients of the Premier League Player of the Month Award. He has goals in him..why isn’t he scoring?

Either one will make a great impact sub. We need this capability in more positions.
You would think so but the stats suggest otherwise:

Last season for Tottenham, Son scored 18 goals (all competitions) from 39 starts but not once from 14 off the bench. His strike rate from starts was 184 minutes per goal, from the bench it was zilch.

Since his arrival in January Moura has scored 4 goals (all competitions) from 13 starts but not once from 7 off the bench.His strike rate is one goal every 260 mins when starting but zilch from the bench.

Interesting but depends when he was subbed on. If he was subbed on with 2 mins to go every time, no wonder he never scored.

It’s also relevant that we win most of our games and are rarely behind, most subs we make are into a game where we are protecting rather than attacking.

They are both great subs as they work hard and offer a pace threat, even if they don’t touch the ball they determine the height of the opposition line.

There you go. Busy and bright, doing all things right.

With the NFL due full time at MegaLane(tm), it's apt to be using famous quotes from that league. As the NY Giants Allie Sherman once observed 'Statistics are for losers'.

Must be weird for him going away to train with Brazil but carrying on driving to the spurs training ground, hope he remembers the right clothes to wear.

Some years ago when I was doing site work I went and sat in my car outside one of our suppliers one morning waiting for them to open. Was there an hour before I remembered that they had moved and I had been to the new premises a month earlier.

Back