• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Impressive. More so when you think Sissoko was his passing option. I watched Green Mile earlier and that big a John Coffey made me think of Sissoko...

Watching him against Roma was a pleasure, he could turn out to be a very good player for us.
I know it is early days, but already there is an air of expectation when he gets the ball. It reminds me of the feeling I used to get watching Lennon or indeed Bale. I hope he gets plenty of minutes this season.

Last edited:
Predictably the Sissoko bashing fest has begun but to me Moura was the big disappointment today... had a full pre-season but completely anonymous and ineffectual

It's bad enough having this pathetic back and forth about Sissoko post game in match threads every week without needing to drag it in to other player threads too - if you want to criticise Moura you can do so without making it about Sissoko.

Moura looked bright very early on. Has a better turn of pace than I anticipated. Then just disappeared.

I think he and Kane snuck off for a smoke or something.

Eriksen was a busy be as usual, but managed to do the square root of fudge all all game.

Aurier was a joke.

Sissoko was poor.

Davies was ok, I guess? Didnt do anything of note but didnt rooster up either.

For me Lloris, Sanchez, VErtonghen, Dier and Alli came out with some credibility.

Son looked very bright, but had little time. Dembele did exactly what we needed of him (Poch made a sub and it worked!).

I think if he is playing alongside an in-form Eriksen (who was way off the pace today) then you'd see the best of him. He has some pace and directness, if the team is sharp we can take advantage of his skills imo and he'd be a productive player.

Moura looked bright very early on. Has a better turn of pace than I anticipated. Then just disappeared.

Eriksen was a busy be as usual, but managed to do the square root of fudge all all game.

Aurier was a joke.

Sissoko was poor.

For me Lloris, Sanchez, VErtonghen, Dier and Alli came out with some credibility.

Son looked very bright, but had little time. Dembele did exactly what we needed of him (Poch made a sub and it worked!).

You know, that’s a great point. I’ve been critical of Poch for not making subs or the right subs in the past but Dembélé today was a great sub. We were creaking when he came on and he settled us right down and put us back on the front foot a bit.

Moura was very poor and very disappointing but deserves another few chances. There’s definitely a player in there. With Son off to the Asian games and Lamela injured, he should get those chances.

Aurier was a joke.

Sissoko was poor.

Moura didn’t receive the ball in the right areas to really make an impact - I’m not sure whether thats more his fault or the teams or Poch for not moving him somewhere else where he could get the supply to him....

Moura was on the right side, waiting for some interplay from Aurier and Sissoko to feed him the ball.

He's still stood out there in the rain, crying in the dark.

Back