• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Mother of mercy, is this the end of Moura?

His thread had slipped to page six. One of those players many people will be glad to get shot of who will also be welcomed back as "a legend" when/if he ever returns on match days, which is not as oxymoronic as it sounds.

I still can't decide whether his forward break that led to Bergy's goal against Newcashall was an example of his trademark urgency or an example of poor control.

Mother of mercy, is this the end of Moura?

His thread had slipped to page six. One of those players many people will be glad to get shot of who will also be welcomed back as "a legend" when/if he ever returns on match days, which is not as oxymoronic as it sounds.

I still can't decide whether his forward break that led to Bergy's goal against Newcashall was an example of his trademark urgency or an example of poor control.

Trademark both, trademark Lucas. Space to exploit, his sheer pace, reactions, urgency as you say. Difficult player to stop. When he then gets his decision making right he's lethal.

He is a legend. He can continue to be a useful squad player, perhaps between him and Bergwijn. Both good options to have, but we may also want something a bit different to them in which case it may be one or the other remaining.

Trademark both, trademark Lucas. Space to exploit, his sheer pace, reactions, urgency as you say. Difficult player to stop. When he then gets his decision making right he's lethal.

He is a legend. He can continue to be a useful squad player, perhaps between him and Bergwijn. Both good options to have, but we may also want something a bit different to them in which case it may be one or the other remaining.

I can't dance with any of that, he is a player i have always loved watching the way he runs at defenders and takes them on and i will never forget his 3 goals against Ajax. As you say though i can see us moving either him or Bergwijn on in the summer and IF i had to choose i hope if we do we keep Bergwijn.

Thought one of the commentators did him a disservice on Sunday saying he got lucky. Think he meant that first touch, seen him do that before, and he definitely meant the pass through. I like him though Kulusevski looks a step up with his team play, intelligence and complementing Kane and Son.

I can't dance with any of that, he is a player i have always loved watching the way he runs at defenders and takes them on and i will never forget his 3 goals against Ajax. As you say though i can see us moving either him or Bergwijn on in the summer and IF i had to choose i hope if we do we keep Bergwijn.
Moura gets subbed on first more than Stevie which I don’t get
Moura is predictably unpredictable. He isn’t a conte player but you can’t fault his effort

Moura gets subbed on first more than Stevie which I don’t get
Moura is predictably unpredictable. He isn’t a conte player but you can’t fault his effort

I do agree and he always ( Moura) busts a gut for us and when he starts those runs defenders must be on tenderhooks. I would ( if we had to) choose Bergwijn as he is 5 years younger, better pace and i belive would score more on a consistent bais.

To be honest i would have no problem with keeping both however i think IF we do bring in new players in the summer then one of them would probably have to leave.

Selling Moura makes sense as we need to reinvest elsewhere. Bergwjin will get more chances as Son and Kane age and Conte can improve players as we've seen so far. Bergwjin has a higher ceiling than Moura.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I mostly agree. Moura has looked solidly ahead of Bergwijn in the pecking order though. Conte has questioned Bergwijn's ability to do the job for the team. At times when it's looked fairly natural to bring on Bergwijn as a sub even just to rest players he's been left on the bench until rather late in games.

So not sure Conte sees Bergwijn as a good fit. If that's not true, or Bergwijn does enough to change Conte's mind if true your reasoning makes perfect sense. I think there's a chance it goes the other way though.

Moura is inconsistent, but he's dependable in terms of work rate and what he brings. You can know to a large degree of certainty what he will bring, as a starter, as a sub, even if out of the team for a while. That's a good attribute in a squad player.

I do agree and he always ( Moura) busts a gut for us and when he starts those runs defenders must be on tenderhooks. I would ( if we had to) choose Bergwijn as he is 5 years younger, better pace and i belive would score more on a consistent bais.

To be honest i would have no problem with keeping both however i think IF we do bring in new players in the summer then one of them would probably have to leave.
Tenterhooks :)
To be fair I always thought it was how you spelt it until I looked it up about 10 years ago as I was intrigued to where the term came from.

If we had to choose between Moura and Bergwijn then I’d keep Moura personally. I know he’s inconsistent but so is Bergwijn and Moura can get you a goal in a big game.

Would have no problem selling both either.

SB always seems to be injured, but is useful and a better player than Moura in my view.

Both are pretty poor finishers - but I think SB could be trained to improve like Sterling was.

Would have no problem selling both either.

SB always seems to be injured, but is useful and a better player than Moura in my view.

Both are pretty poor finishers - but I think SB could be trained to improve like Sterling was.

Bergwijn has 7 (league) goals for us since he arrived. From an xG of 6.2. Doesn't indicate him being a poor finisher. He may have scored some harder chances and missed some easier chances. But either way it's a fairly small sample size and mainly indicates that the problem has been not getting enough chances rather than him being a poor finisher.

Massive uptick in expected goals per 90 this season (very respectable 0.56), with goals matching xG fairly well, but again sample size. If he can get chances at a rate close to that over time I think he would be absolutely fine, particularly as a squad player.

Remains to be seen to what extent Conte really rates him and if he can respond to what it seems Conte wants.

Back