• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said, I think the days of us having a £70k cap are long gone. We have operated more or less with a set % of turnover on wages. With the new stadium I expect that to remain, so the wage bill will increase a lot. It means if someone like Moura wants £100k a week we are more likely to ok it. Just as we are more likely to put people like Kane as high as we can to keep hold of him longer.

As I said, I think the days of us having a £70k cap are long gone. We have operated more or less with a set % of turnover on wages. With the new stadium I expect that to remain, so the wage bill will increase a lot. It means if someone like Moura wants £100k a week we are more likely to ok it. Just as we are more likely to put people like Kane as high as we can to keep hold of him longer.
I would imagine that our turnover will be nudging up toward 400 million soon. That will allow a wage bill of 220 million if we use the 55% of turnover ratio that is often quoted as being the ideal number. I would imagine a wage bill of 220 million would enable an average first team wage of 100k a week.

We should do this deal, I see it as upgrading on sissoko in the squad.

And what an upgrade that would be. We would go from basically having a goalkeeper playing as an outfield player, to having one of the worlds best in his position.

Maybe levy can work a straight swap with sissoko :D

We should do this deal, I see it as upgrading on sissoko in the squad.

And what an upgrade that would be. We would go from basically having a goalkeeper playing as an outfield player, to having one of the worlds best in his position.

Maybe levy can work a straight swap with sissoko :D

Lloris has better passing. I like your thinking vorm is out of contract this summer ... step forward the sissoko

Looking more and more likely, this, judging from the press reports.

His running style reminds me quite a bit of Andros Townsend. Let's hope he's better with the ball at his feet. :p

You often get a better perspective on how good they are by looking up individual match highlights - although seeing as someone has bothered to make an individual highlights video, it probably shows some outrageous match the player had. Here's from a match he played against Caen in 2014.

Last edited:
24 goals+assists in only 29 starts last season is really good production, especially considering you'd think he'd only just be entering his prime at 25. As much as it might be more fun to have a true prospect like Neres/Malcom, it feels like he'd be able to walk right into the squad and improve us in a way they wouldn't. Plus, it gives us real pace in our forward line, which we don't really have atm. Also, it doesn't rule out us moving for one of those guys in the summer.

----------Lloris--------
----TBA---DS---JV
Aurier------------Rose
----Dier----Dem
Eriksen--Kane---Alli

Subs from: Vorm, Davies, Trips, KWP, Winks, Foyth, Son, Lamela, Moura, Llorente, Wanyama, Sissoko

That is one of the deepest squads we've ever had imo.

Looking more and more likely, this, judging from the press reports.

His hair style reminds me quite a bit of Andros Townsend. Let's hope he's better with the ball at his feet. :p

You often get a better perspective on how good they are by looking up individual match highlights - although seeing as someone has bothered to make an individual highlights video, it probably shows some outrageous match the player had. Here's from a match he played against Caen in 2014.

Fixed that for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back