• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lost chants of White Hart Lane

90sSpursBook

Erik Edman
This isn't really specific to WHL so thought it warrants its own thread but having been watching back some old clips you can hear some chants that are just not sung anymore. Namely:

1. Spelling out Tottenham
2. Simply singing the score (when winning)
3. "If you know your history" (seems to have gradually phased out but not totally dead)
4. "We hate Arsenal and we hate Arsenal....we are the Arsenal haters"
5. ".....the Arsenal run away".
6. "Hello, Hello we are the Tottenham boys" (again not totally dead)

Any others?

Sang 3, 4 and 6 at the Spurs pub in Oslo when we beat Scum two weeks ago, so hardly dead. :) Also, "Hello" was sung when I was over to see the Watford game a month ago. I'd love to hear some of the oldies from before my time. :)

There's a disgusting one about Neville Southall and alleged sexual realtionships between him and his mother, him and his brother, and then all Welshmen, to the tune of Men of Harlech.

Let's hope tomorrow we get a few of "We'll Take More Care of You, Archibald, Archibald". Takes me back to my early games at THE LANE.

I was thinking this. Loved that song. Depending on which ex-players we have lined up, there could be quite a bit of nostalgic singing tomorrow.

Hoddle, Hoddle, Hoddle, Hoddle, born is the king of white hart lane. ( later used for Waddle then Ledley )

When I was just a little boy, My mother told what will it be??? will it be Tottenham will it Arsenal and here's what she said to me . . . . .

Going back a bit ..
He's here, he's there, he's every-fudging-where, Johnny Pratt ..

Jimmy, Jimmy Neighbour, Jimmy Neighbour on the wing ..

Nice one Cyril ..

A rude but affectionate song about a commentator -
Brian, Brian, Brian Moore, Brian Moore, Brian Moore ..

Let's hope tomorrow we get a few of "We'll Take More Care of You, Archibald, Archibald". Takes me back to my early games at THE LANE.

I was thinking about this if we get a greatest hits of chants and it made the game for me on 34 mins lol,the Archibald song came out.....took me back Uefa Cup final at the Lane when he played his last game for us and was on his own pitch when we paraded the cup,and we sang him his song...... looked well yesterday though his blonde hair has slightly receded !!

A few of us started the Gilly song when he came out on the pitch after the game, what a player he was.

Very simple, but I liked the 'Yid Army' with a drum that got sung a lot 2004-2005 IIRC.

Yid Army, Bang Bang, Yid Army...

I liked the plain old YIDS war chant from the same time period with the drum, started off slow on the drum before picking up pace and reaching the crescendo

Yids bang bang bang bang,
Yids bang bang bang,
Yids bang bang bang,
YIDSbangbangbang,
YIDSYIDSYIDSYIDS

Back