1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Losing your hair

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by Mr_B, 16 Jan 2019.

1. Mr_B

Mr_B Jose Dominguez

so, what do u lot do, anyone done a rooney, just shave it short, don't care?

2. Jon

Jon Jimmy Neighbour

Got fed up of it receding and took a set of clippers to it when I was but 23! Started with a no 3, but just do a 1 all over now as it’s easiet for myself to do. Sorted.

3. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

IF I started to lose my hair I would shave it all off
    As I dn’t have that issue I’m currently rocking a Tony Manero Bouffant

4. Baleforce

Baleforce Fanny Walden

Been clipping it since my mid 20’s, starting to recede a little bit but coverage is still good, it has gone completely grey though and I’m not 40 yet.

5. Spursman

Spursman Neil Sullivan

Did a Rooney before Rooney did. I was 21 and pretty bald (now 36) Always had thin hair so had average results. I travelled over to New York as the UK wasn't up to speed back then.

Good results from transplants are all about the hair quality and density from the back of your head. The result i had was ok and i stopped worrying about it. Due to the lack of donor hair, i couldn't have a second procedure as there wouldn't have been enough quality follicles.

At the time the most affordable option was a strip, which means they cut a slit from the back of my head and took the hair follicles off that. It leaves you with a pencil line scar at the back of your head. Unfortunately, over time, my skin stretched and left a big scar. I can't really shave my hair down less than a 4 without it being noticeable. Now that my crown has all but gone, i have to use concealer there which is brilliant at covering my bald crown.

I wanted to shave my hair off and looked into SMP (scalp micropigmentation) i had the procedure done into my scar in the hope i could shave shorter around the back and sides. It worked to some degree but it didn't turn out as good as i hoped. I complained and they offered the treatment all over my head for free. So, i took that option and under my existing hair, i had it done. It adds a bit more density and you see less scalp.

Looking back now, i wish SMP was available to me but i try not to let it get to me but sometimes it does.

if you like the shaved look i would certainly go down the SMP route. Do some youtubing and you will see some fantastic results. A friend of mine had it done and its great. Andros Towsend also had it done but then opted for a full-on hair transplant which looks fantastic.

MKSpur likes this.
  6. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Andy Thompson

Similar here. Ive always just kept it short so its pretty well disguised anyway!

Also, £25 covers about 3 years of haircuts, never need to buy product (not even shampoo!), never get bed head, and when it rains I can dry myself with a tissue. win - win all round!

Mikey10 and Jon like this.
  7. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

This!
    Luckily have always had a fine head of hair. :cool:

8. parklane1

parklane1 Gary Stevens

Shaved my head since i have been riding motor bikes, no fun having long hair and spending ages untangling it.

Kenyan Spur likes this.
  9. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

That’s why they invented hairnets, Dude!

Kenyan Spur likes this.
  10. scaramanga

scaramanga Vivian Woodward Staff Member

Born to be mild?

Gazza, MKSpur, Robbo and 2 others like this.
  11. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

The Hairspray Years!

12. billyiddo

billyiddo David Ginola Staff Member

Another for the full head of luxurious hair group here :cool:

scaramanga likes this.
  13. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

Same but I’ll never have the hipster beard!
    I could have gone all Mordor!

14. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Paul Robinson

I hope you two are touching wood.

15. Daisuk

Daisuk Chris Perry

I'm getting more and more bald, so I tend to just shave it off (or 0.3), but it's not like I'm bothered to do that every week, so at one point I always get a little bit too much hair, and just look ridiculous. I should probably do it at least once a month. :) can't say I'm too bothered though, but I definitely would be if I were single and looking to score.

16. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

I normally get my head shaved, number 1 or 2 on top fade into a 0 round the back and sides, but it turns to Swiss Tony in 5 or 6 weeks. So if I end up going bald, fine by me, save me having to keep getting it cut.

Seedy Ron likes this.
  17. Baleforce

Baleforce Fanny Walden

Getting your hair cut is very much like making love to a beautiful woman.

18. harr1984

harr1984 John Lacy

Only happens once a month?

Yermiyahu, MKSpur and Robbo like this.
  19. MKSpur

MKSpur Vedran Corluka

And you have to pay for it?

SoundAndVision and harr1984 like this.
  20. MKSpur

MKSpur Vedran Corluka

So SMP is not an option because of the scar?

Did the transplant work in terms of the hair transplanted survived, but it’s continued loss meant the crown is now bald? Did they recommend propecia to prevent this?

SMP not an option due to the scar? I noticed when Townsend has it but was very surprised to see he did it before a transplant!

Whether it’s a drug, rug or transplant there’s a disproportionate amount of people on tv with full heads of hair 50+!

I can see why those with full heads say it wouldn’t bother them, it’s like people who don’t need glasses or hearing aids saying they wouldn’t be bothered about wearing them. In the same way I’d never moan about airline leg room if I was 6ft 6...