• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lookman linked????

What is it about Martial that makes you not rate him as a player GB?

That he's only looked good so far in a weak league. We've been burnt too many times by that (i.e. every French league player we've ever had bar Lloris). I don't actively dislike him, I just think the jury is still very much out

That he's only looked good so far in a weak league. We've been burnt too many times by that (i.e. every French league player we've ever had bar Lloris). I don't actively dislike him, I just think the jury is still very much out

I think they key with him is how coachable he is/what his attitude is. I look at the bloke and he has every tool in his locker to be an absolute master of his craft.I believe he would thrive in our environment and set-up, but he would have to want to. I suspect Hugo has been heavily consulted.

I think they key with him is how coachable he is/what his attitude is. I look at the bloke and he has every tool in his locker to be an absolute master of his craft.I believe he would thrive in our environment and set-up, but he would have to want to. I suspect Hugo has been heavily consulted.

I'm sure he'd develop a lot learning from Son too.

I think I'd just rather we went everything in for the ultimate talent/real high ceiling of Sessegnon

I disagree that he has only looked good in a weak league. I think Martial's performances for Man Utd have largely been very good, his style of play just doesn't really suit the preferred style of the manager of the club he plays for, where they are only really looking to play one out and out attacking player in Lukaku.

You talk about Sessegnon like he is the second coming of Ghod. Now I have been a fan of Sessegnon for a few years and have been banging on about signing him from before he even broke into Fulham's first team. However I don't think that Sessegnon necessarily has a higher ceiling than Martial, in fact looking at both players I think Martial has more potential. Martial is also already further along his development and would play a big role for us immediately, whereas Sessegnon would still need a year or two to develop into a first team player for us. IMO Martial would be a fantastic signing for £50 million and I think his attributes would lead to him fitting into our team very well.

I disagree that he has only looked good in a weak league. I think Martial's performances for Man Utd have largely been very good, his style of play just doesn't really suit the preferred style of the manager of the club he plays for, where they are only really looking to play one out and out attacking player in Lukaku.

You talk about Sessegnon like he is the second coming of Ghod. Now I have been a fan of Sessegnon for a few years and have been banging on about signing him from before he even broke into Fulham's first team. However I don't think that Sessegnon necessarily has a higher ceiling than Martial, in fact looking at both players I think Martial has more potential. Martial is also already further along his development and would play a big role for us immediately, whereas Sessegnon would still need a year or two to develop into a first team player for us. IMO Martial would be a fantastic signing for £50 million and I think his attributes would lead to him fitting into our team very well.

Could not agree more.

Back